Happy New Year, everyone! I have been hibernating and taking time off from posting on the blog (as you may have noticed.) I spent time with my family, did some general loafing around, and lots of painting, which I’ll get to in a moment.
After not writing for over a week, I feel like there is so much to write that I don’t even know where to start. Really, I’ve been sitting here for about an hour… writing something, getting distracted, strolling Instagram, coming back to the post, deleting it, starting again. It’s silly. I think I’m just feeling a little rusty and I need to gather my thoughts. So, I’ll get a blank piece of paper and do that. Until then, I’m just going to share about the painting I did. Well, some of it. I sort of went on a tear.
As I’ve mentioned before, and I’m sure you have experienced, decorating is like dominos. A new mattress leads to a new bed frame, which leads to painting a wall before the bed frame and mattress are delivered, which leads to rearranging nightstands, which leads to replacing lampshades that were crumpled in the move. You know what I’m talking about.
So, this is how the master bedroom was looking…
I knew I was going to paint the walls, but I did a ton of painting when we first moved in and I needed a break. Getting the new bed gave me a good excuse to prod me along again.
I shared HERE the colors I was considering…
I ended up going with Stonington Gray (Benjamin Moore) and I’m so glad I did. I now want to paint everything in Stonington Gray. Not really, but it is lovely and perfect for the room and I think I will use it in other places.
So pretty, right?! I am so in love with it and how the room is coming along.
Stonington Gray looks very blue in my room, but if you look it up on Pinterest, you’ll see it can be a chameleon – looking more gray in some rooms and more blue in others. It falls on just the right side of that fence for the fabric I picked, the bed frame, and even the beige carpet seems to look better.
This room was a beast to paint. It is big, for starters, and everything required two coats. So, I broke the room up into sections and, in very un-Marian-like fashion, patiently chipped away at it over five days.
Jeff also helped me hang the new curtain rod. It was a little anti-climatic, since I had to clip up the old curtains for privacy, but it’s good incentive to get the new curtains made, along with a bolster pillow for the bed.
And, speaking of the bed, it is so comfortable and heavenly.
I have thoroughly enjoyed sinking into it each night and lingering in the morning.
Of course, it’ll be even nicer when the room no longer smells like paint!