GAP Home at Walmart

by | Aug 30, 2021 | All Things Home, Decorating, Dining Room, My House | 14 comments

Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Walmart.  All words and opinions expressed about the GAP Home collection are, as always, honest and my own.

Did you hear/see that GAP Home has collaborated with Walmart on a new home decor line? As a long-time lover of GAP’s classic style, I was excited to see the products in this collaboration.  GAP’s timeless aesthetic and signature blue & white color palette are definitely on display in this collection and, best of all, it’s paired with Walmart’s affordable pricing.

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

I purchased THIS set of chambray striped sheets for Calvin’s bed, but I also bought a set of stoneware from the GAP Home collection.  If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that I love dishes and particularly stoneware.  I was interested in seeing GAP Home’s modern take on these tabletop staples.

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

First of all, the dishes are sturdy and beautifully made.  They have a raw edge that gives them more of a handmade feel.  Each piece has clean lines, so it feels modern yet classic.

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

The set comes with four generous bowls, four dinner plates, four salad/dessert plates, and four tumblers.  I really like how the tumblers are handless, like some of my antique ironstone pieces.  I think it makes them feel more versitile.  They could be used as so much more than just mugs for coffee or tea.  I can see them being used as holders for toothbrushes and pens/pencils, a small vase for flowers, or a vessel for flatware when serving buffet style.  It’s nice when pieces in a set can be mutilfunctional.

GAP Home by Walmart | miss mustard seed

I paired the GAP Home stoneware set with some pale blue & white buffalo check napkins

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

…some antique flatware…

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

braided jute placemats

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

…and some working glasses.  I love the shape and size of these and the fact that they come with lids.  I use them all the time for storing leftovers.

GAP Home at Walmart | working glasses | miss mustard seed

As a centerpiece, I used a glass canister without the lid (another multi-functional piece).  I filled it with some hydrangeas from my garden and surrounded it with some green apples I had on hand.  Simple, yet very eye-catching and perfect for late summer transitioning into fall.

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

You can spot some of my Pioneer Woman Jade pieces in the hutch in the reflection.  Those are also from Walmart!

Just for fun, here is a GIF showing the process of creating this table with the GAP Home stoneware and other tabletop accessories from Walmart (along with my little “helpers.”)

GAP Home at Walmart | miss mustard seed

1. Betsy

Can you tell me how well the plates stack? I see they have a raised edge. I purchased plates like that in the past but they wouldn’t stack in my cabinet.

• Marian Parsons

I only have four of them, so I can’t attest to a larger stack, but the four plates stack nicely.

2. Rosemary

Where are they made. Buy American made.

• Grace

It says: “Made in China” on the bottom of the upturned bowl. 🤨

• Debby

Fiesta Dinnerware is and always has been made in America (West Virginia). Now they are making all shapes and styles of dinnerware, not just the rainbow colors you might think of. Some gorgeous stuff.

3. Babs

They look very handsome on the table. Who says you have to have money to have good design? Bravo Gap and Walmart for bringing good taste to the masses.

• Nan, Odessa, DE

Please tell me about your dino g room table. Do you know of any reproductions copying it?
      How do you keep the woven placemats clean? I always lime them but we are a sloppy family.
      Thanks

• Marian Parsons

The table is an antique I purchased off of craigslist and refinished. I don’t have any details on reproductions, but you can find similar round antique oak tables pretty regularly where you can find used furniture – yard sales, craigslist, Facebook marketplace, antique stores, markets, estate sales, auctions, etc.

4. Kristine

Your hydrangeas are beautiful…and you are right about the combination of hydrangeas and apples as a very elegant transition from summer to fall. I LOVED the gif with all your little helpers. What is life without them getting in the way and underfoot all the time ?? Ummm…the plates?
    Didn’t really resonate with me. But your dining table and dining room overall look warm, colorful and inviting !!

5. Sheri Morton

I just noticed that you don’t appear to have water in with your flowers on the table. Do they survive like that???

• Marian Parsons

Those hydrangeas are starting to dry out on the bush, so when I clip them, I can just put them in a vase and let them dry! I couldn’t do this with them earlier in the season.

6. Samantha

What was your opinion on the sheets? I like the look of the bedding, but haven’t felt any of it yet. The thread count isn’t great, but that isn’t always the best deciding factor. So I’m interested to hear what you thought about them. Do they wash well?

• Marian Parsons

I just got them a couple of days ago, so I’ll let you know!

7. Sandra B

Oh, I do like those dishes!