Do you remember my Decorating Dilemma series? About once a month, I would share a reader’s decorating dilemma and some possible suggestions and solutions. It was one of those things that I enjoyed, but I went through a busy season (probably getting ready for Lucketts or something), neglected it, and then forgot all about it! Well, I think it’s time to revive it.
Many of my readers and followers have asked for more practical, budget-friendly decorating advice. What better way to do that than by talking about real spaces that need some help?
The thing I loved most about this series was seeing the spaces evolve based on my advice and the ideas the homeowner got once they started moving things around. My ideas were just a jumping-off point and then they ran with it!
So, do you have a space that has you stuck? Would you like some suggestions to get you going? (Why does this feel like I’m writing copy for an infomercial?)
If so, get two Decorating Dilemma consultations for the one-time low price of $9.99!! Wait, make that three and a speedy onion slicer/dicer if you call right now!!
Okay, that went too far.
Seriously. If you want me to take a look at your space, just send me an e-mail. It’s free.
I just need…
- Some good, overall shots of the space. Smartphones have great cameras these days, so just use your phone if photography isn’t your thing. Take the pictures during the day, in natural light if possible.
- Tell me what you love about the space. I don’t want to suggest changing things you really love! And, it’s okay if your style is different from mine.
- Tell me what you want to change. What’s not working for you? Why do you feel stuck?
- Tell me what you love! Send a link to a Pinterest board or some inspiration pictures, if you can.
- Are there any limitations? Example: My husband might move out if I paint the brick, cabinets, and anything wood. Or, I rent the space, so I can’t paint the walls.
- Roughly, what kind of budget do you have for the space? If you just need to work with what you have, that’s okay! I just don’t want to suggest buying things if it’s not in your budget. If you have some money to spend on the space, I can make suggestions for how to get the most bang for the buck. I don’t need specifics, just a general range.
- Permission to share your space on my blog and social media. I will just share your first name and the pictures of the space that you submit. (If you have a blog or social media and want me to link or tag you, share that information.) If you’re not comfortable with me sharing your name and images, then please don’t submit them. The point is to share these ideas with everyone and that doesn’t work if I can’t post your pictures. I would suggest removing or obscuring pictures of your kids and anything that might disclose where they go to school, play sports, etc. or any other personal information you don’t want posted publicly online.
Gather up your information and send an e-mail titled “Decorating Dilemma” to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll only be able to do one or two a month, so I won’t get to all of the rooms submitted, but I’ll do what I can!
I’m excited to see your spaces and offer some ideas…
Readers, what kind of spaces are you hoping to see transformed?