I finished the twin cottage bed today and I had so much fun styling it to shoot.
Let me back up, though.
We painted it in two coats of a custom mix of Kitchen Scale and Boxwood from the MMS Milk Paint line. After the second coat, the milk paint started chipping in certain places. It pulled up the pale pink paint as well, exposing the wood underneath. I don’t think I could’ve planned it better! Milk paint is always full of happy accidents. (Well, most of the time!)
Since some of the paint was so loose, we vacuumed it off and then distressed with 120 grit sand paper. I mostly hit the chipping areas and lightly distressed the edges.
Because it was chippy, we finished it off with a coat of Tough Coat, which is a great sealer.
I bought a new padded, waterproof mattress cover for it, so we put that on and then added the antique bedding. I’ll show the full reveal soon, but here is a sneak peek…
Until next time…