I have spent the better part of this week playing catch-up and getting back into the swing of things after my trip. I had a full day in the studio on Wednesday, though, and it was so great to be in my creative space again. I cranked my music, got some things checked off the to-do list, and worked on some furniture pieces for Lucketts.
Remember my pair of Frenchies?
Here is how they are looking now…
Kriste stripped them while I was away and she painted the frames in MMS Milk Paint Linen. They still need one more light coat, so the finish is a bit more uniform before I distressed. I picked out an antique windowpane toweling fabric for them, though, and I can’t wait to see how they look in their new digs.
Another piece in the works is this hutch top and table base. They were two misfit pieces that seem to be a nice match. They still need one more coat of Grain Sack, distressing, and I will remove the leaf hinges on the table, and screw in the legs, since they no longer need to swing out. Once it’s done, I think it’ll make a nice hutch/storage piece for a small room, like a bathroom, hallway, small dining area, etc.
I’ll also get glass cut for the doors. I think it’ll be a sweet mish-mash of a piece when it’s all done.
And the cottage bed is coming right along! Kriste and I talked about painting it in a custom blue/green and tried a mix of two parts Kitchen Scale to one part Lucketts Green. It wasn’t quite the right shade, though, so I mixed up three parts Kitchen Scale to two parts Boxwood and that was the ticket. They are chipping in the most delightful way that is perfect for an old, wooden bed frame like this one.
I’ll finish it up on Monday with some distressing and a coat of Tough Coat to seal the chipping, cracking, and crazing.
I realized, as I lined the bed frame against the wall, that I have a lot of blue/green aquas happening in my Lucketts stash this year. I guess that’s just what I’ve been gravitating towards this year.
And there are certainly worse colors to gravitate towards…