Do you remember this settee I showed a few weeks ago?
Well, it’s all stripped down to the bones now.
I tell you what, I have never seen a sofa give up so much change. We got at least a dollar out of this one when the final count was over.
So, now that this one is stripped, I am feeling very intimidated. I know I managed to do a sofa with over forty tufts, but that gap in the padding has me a little stumped. There were a few channels there, on each side, but I’m not sure I want to do channels there again.
So I’m debating between doing one smooth back with two seams on each side or upholster the back, arms, and corners in sections. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
I feel like once I get working on it, I’ll have a better idea of what I want to do.
Now, I have made a decision about the fabric I’m going to use. I purchased a roll of this beautiful gray linen at the Raleigh Flea Market a couple of summers ago and have been waiting for the right piece to wear it. I think it’s perfect for this one.
The texture is yummy!
I’ll start with the decking and the cushion and go from there. It’s always tricky to share how I do something when I’m figuring out portions of it myself, but I’ll take pictures (maybe video) and share what I can.
It will have to wait until next week, though. Wednesday, Kriste and I are leaving for the Haven Blog conference in Atlanta, Georgia. It’s going to be a busy trip, but it was such a fun “girl’s retreat” last year that I am really looking forward to it!