More Lucketts/More Dining Room

by | Jun 12, 2010 | Antiques, Favorite Finds | 26 comments

Well, I am in sunny (and unbearably hot and humid) Orlando, Florida to visit my parents with my two boys.  I made sure to snap a lot of photos of my house and some projects before I left, so I would have plenty to share with you this week.
First of all, a quick note.  The winner of the Acorn Apron dress form pillow is Susan L. from It’s the things that make you go mmmmm.  Congrats!
I couldn’t help but make some purchases when I was at Lucketts and I showed most of them to you already.  Some of them I am selling and others I bought with my birthday money to use in my own home.  The wire commercial bread basket I purchased for $10 is now sitting under my ironstone tureen and platter that I found in my grandparent’s attic.
It just adds a little bit of texture and makes a centerpiece that is expected and little boring much more interesting to the eye.
I love the contrast of the rusty wire against the dark table and the smooth ironstone.
I’ve teased you with some glass paneled doors I purchased at Lucketts as well.  I wish I had about three pair of these.  There are so many places I could hang these, but they looked the best in my dining room.
I hung them on either side of an arched doorway that leads to the original kitchen in our 1940’s home.  It is currently a home office…just waiting for built-ins.
I love their simplicity, the antique wavy glass, and the original hardware.
I hung a small boxwood wreath made out of bunches I purchased at 50% off from Hobby Lobby and hung from hemp twine.  I made them by clipping off “branches”, twisting them into a wreath, and securing them together with florist wire.  One bunch made one small wreath.
These are going to be fun to decorate throughout the seasons…especially Christmas.
Despite a rough day of travel, a night of poor sleep, and (what I think is) a sinus infection, my mom and I headed out to “find some treasures” at yard sales.  I am seriously hard core.  We came home empty handed and with two whiny children.  So, for those of you who think I always find the best stuff…not today.  Oh well.  Can’t win them all.
Miss Mustard Seed

1. Suzanne@Meridian Road

Well, I don't know. You did find two whiny children. 🙂

I'm jealous of your wire bread basket. I've looked and looked for one of those here, but no luck.

2. Lisa

Enjoy your time away! Those are really great shots. Love the screen doors and wreaths. Your tureen is fabulous. I just picked up one similar (not nearly as nice) at my local goodwill to use in my upcoming project. Never owned one myself. Everything looks beautiful. Looking forward to more pictures.
    Lisa

3. Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal

Oh good gosh, I love those doors! They look so great there in the dining room.

I'm have a sinus headache myself. It's usually from the change in weather plus that lovely time of the month. Makes for a wicked combination! Hope you feel better 🙂

4. awal.ny

The glass panel doors are my favorite and you KNOW there are many of us who are going to be on the look out for some. In fact now that I think of it I remember a stash of white shutters that would look good like that. The wreaths really bring the doors alive. Have fun visiting your parents, and stay cool.

5. Joy Frameworks

You have a talent with display! Everything looks gorgeous!

6. sissie

I am seriously crushin on that big ole stoneware tureen! Love it.

Like your windows too. They add nice architecture to your doorway.

Have fun with your Mom.

hugs
    Sissie

7. Amy @MaisonDecor

First of all, where and what is Lucketts? I love old rusty iron things myself, and your tray looks great under the tureen.
    Amy@MaisonDecor

8. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here

Love the panels hung on your wall and that is a great tureen. Sometimes when you visit your parents you should go to the Extravaganza held in Mount Dora. I have not been for years but it was a great time to go to this flea market.
    xo, Sherry

9. Secret Garden Cottage

I LOVE your dining room!! It is so beautiful! I love all your antiques, and that white ironstone tureen and platter in that old white metal basket are gorgeous!!
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    ~ Jo
    P.S. I would love for you to come visit some time. 🙂

10. Marianne@Songbird

Those doors are gorgeous and I love the little wicker tray too.
    I guess with so much good finds at Lucket you were bound to run into some less succesful fairs. You know the Balance and such.
    Have fun in Florida!!

11. Shel at Dreamy Nest

I love your finds!! I think some people just have a gift for putting things together. I do not… But I'm learning!
    Hope you feel better soon!!

12. Janet

Glad to see the boxwood wreath. I still have mine ( dried from Christmas) wired to a metal scrolly piece over my fireplace. I keep wondering if I should take it down…now I know to keep it up! Enjoy your visit with your parents,

13. Diann

That wire basket is awesome! And the tureen….be still my heart!

14. Debbie

Your vignette on your table is so beautiful! LOVE the vintage look it has. The doors hung with the wreaths look great.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

15. Prior

The wire bread basket from your grandparents is such a wonderful piece and much more so since it came from their home. Lezlee

16. Nancy Reid

The doors look terrific. I love architectural pieces used for decoration. I feel for you in that humidity…it's like a blast furnace. Hope your are well soon!

17. Nancy Reid

Oh….your grandparents attic is certainly a plethora of treasures…Can I come root around in there, too? 🙂

18. Funky Junk Interiors

The doors look magnificent! I love how tall and dark they are. And sooo loved you didn't paint them WHITE. Great call!

Enjoy your time with real live palm trees. Trade ya for a Canadian pine…

Donna

19. SueAnn

Am loving the doors and flanking them around the entryway is genius!! And those boxwood wreaths are perfect!!
    The tureen in the wire basket is fabulous darling!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

20. Flick,

I hope you are feeling better, you poor love! It all sounds a little stressful…
    Your taste and style are perfect as usual.. the centrepiece looks great, and the glass doors are so beautiful, what a great feature!
    🙂 Flick

21. paisley penguin

Love it! Those doors are great and I thought the wreaths were real!

22. lindsey@junkstyle

Your blog is so refreshing! Thanks for sharing even the simplest ideas.. they are all so cute 😉

23. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper

i just love how the old doors look on the wall around your door- simple and rustic, and GORGEOUS. those were a great find and just perfect for your home.

24. Erin

Ummm…my mother just led me to your blog and I love it! You're very generous with your ideas.
    Question: I have two door panels similar to yours. How did you hang them? They are hea-vy!
    Thanks
    Erin
    encutshall@gmail.com

25. Marcia@Frugalhomekeeping

I'm just amazed at this coincidence! I set one of my ironstone soup tureens on my chalk platter…that looks just like this one. It has been decorating my kitchen island that way for 2 years! Great minds think alike, buy the same antiques…and use them in similar fashion! 🙂 For holidays, I lean the lid of the tureen to the side and fill it with seasonal items: mini pumpkins and gourds; Easter eggs and grass; shamrocks and gold chocolate coins, etc.