may 12 art sale preview

by | May 11, 2021 | Artistic Endeavors, Oil Painting, Watercolors | 26 comments

Despite putting a focus on custom paintings over the past 2-3 weeks, I also accumulated enough paintings to have an art sale before I work on the next round of commissions and the next series.  We’ll be going to the beach for my parent’s 50th (now 51st) anniversary, so I am planning on focusing my next sale specifically around inspiration I pick up from that trip.  Of course, there will be lots of beaches and skies, but I hope to get some pictures of sailboats, lighthouses, and beautiful buildings and street scenes from around Charleston.  I’m really excited about creating a collection around one specific theme.  Aside from the 100 meadows and 100 still lifes, I am sort of all over the place!  I paint whatever inspires me, which could be people, landscapes, still life, a master copy.  I don’t want to box myself in too much, but it’s also nice to have a focus.

Several people have asked about commissioning a painting as I’ve been sharing the ones I’ve painted for clients and shared over on Instagram.  I have a waiting list at the moment, but I will start accepting new commissions this summer and will have an easy form to complete for those who are interested.

As an aside, I can’t believe this is actually a thing!  Wasn’t I just painting furniture four years ago?  All I can say is thank you.  This would just be a hobby if my blog readers and those who follow my work on social media didn’t support me right from the beginning.  It’s humbling and has encouraged me more than I can ever adequately express.

The next sale will launch on May 12, 2021, at 10:00 am CST.  I move around the day and time to try to make the sales available to people who work, those who don’t, those in Europe, etc.  The sale will go live HERE or you can get there by click “original art” on the navbar.  And, we now have a shopping cart feature at the top right of the page for easier checkout!  We will continue to tweak the online shop and add features to make it easier to shop as we get feedback and learn.  As with the last sale, we will be on an upgraded server, so there shouldn’t be any issues with the site crashing.

Let me know if you have any questions about the sale!

These are the works that will be available.  The prices are listed in the heading of each section so you know what to expect…

original oils on 9×12 line or canvas panels ($200 – $250)

black and white cow portrait | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

black & white cow portrait | 9 x 12 oil on canvas panel | $250

manet | berte morisot portrait study | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

Berte Morisot Portrait by Manet master study | oil on 9 x 12 canvas panel | $250

monet | lady with parasol study | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

Monet Woman with Parasol master study | original oil on 9 x 12 linen panel | $250

French farmhouse | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

French Farmhouse | original oil on 9 x 12 linen panel | $200

french farm landscape | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

French Farm & Grazing Sheep | oil on 9 x 12 linen panel

original 8×10 oils on linen panel ($160)

wildflower field | original oil painting | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

original sepia watercolor on paper | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

original sepia watercolor on paper | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

original sepia watercolor on paper | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

original sepia watercolor on paper | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

original sepia watercolor on paper | marian parsons | miss mustard seed

1. Rose Cunningham

Marian, I have followed your blog for years. I appreciated your style, your openness and your tutorials. But I have been most excited to follow your progress in oil painting. Watching you grow has encouraged my own pursuit of artistic expression (I am learning to paint with watercolors). Thank you for that! I just want you to know that I am so very proud of you! Congratulations on your upcoming sale. It makes me happy that you have such an enthusiastic following.

• Judeth

I look at your paintings and they make me think of Van Gogh. He is my favorite artist of all time. I hope you take that as a compliment.

• Cathy Reeves

I’m learning watercolor too. Do you have a teacher or use online courses?

2. Christie

I just love your art and watching your progress. I also love watching to see what you will paint next!

I just adore the commissioned ocean pieces I received from you! They are even more beautiful in person. Thank you so much!!

It’s so inspiring watching you paint that I’ve actually begun painting myself (totally different style, but am loving it!). Thanks for inspiring us all with your journey!

3. Monica in Littlestown

Oh they’re so beautiful, especially the one of the French country farmhouse w/sheep. Please tell me this will be available as a print on Society6!!!

• Marian Parsons

Yes, I will make them available as prints, too!

4. Mildred Hoppe

I appreciate your love for painting and that you seem to have found your calling.
    However, I wish you would throw in some furniture painting and stying as you used to. I’m not into painting, don’t want to learn or even try. So, that said I wish you the very best in your new art career.

PS you should paint Ft Sumter, across the river in Charleston

• Marian Parsons

I did just paint a stool last week! Did you see it? 🙂 I really do try to balance home posts with art, but I have found such a passion for art that I find I want to talk about it more and more. I still love working on furniture, but I don’t really have a good place to work on it, store it, etc. and one only needs so many pieces in their home. I also don’t want to work on places in my house that feel finished just to create new content for the blog. It’s a tricky balance!

I do have some home projects coming up, though…our basement family room makeover, a wet bar makeover, I think I might do something to the buffet in the dining room, etc. Summer is a good time to work on things like that in Minnesota.

5. Mary

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the one with the sheep. But I love all of them. I never realized it but as I was surveying my house, I have only hung original art. My samplers, wool appliqué, hand cut silhouettes, original watercolors and now I am determined to add an original “Marian”!

6. jphillips8410

Thank you for taking questions….will the art be found under the headings on the left side of the “original art” title…say under “Animals”, “Landscapes”, etc. Or will they just be under one heading?

• Marian Parsons

They will be in categories.

• Jennifer

Great! Thank you : )

7. Mary Reynolds

Greetings from Salem, VA!

I think you are the most multi-talented person in blogsville! You really can do it all! The domestic arts, plus all the performance arts! Sing, play guitar, act! God has richly blessed you in so many ways. Thanks for sharing with us — it’s always a pleasure.

Best to you and yours! ♡

8. Rhonda

Have fun in Charleston. If you are staying near Folly Beach I suggest you paint the shrimp boats at Crosby’s Seafood (sunset from there is beautiful), the Morris Island Lighthouse, and marsh scenes in the surrounding areas.

9. Marianne

Marian,

You are an excellent artist. I have begun painting with acrylics in the last year. I am loving it so much.

10. Crystal Trenkle

I would love to commission an original piece for my husband for his birthday in July. Can you contact me to discuss? It would be a specific sailboat painting…

11. Kaille

Marian,

I was so excited to see that you are selling some of your beautiful artwork, but alas I will be on a plane at 35,000 feet when the doors open. 😭 I am crossing my fingers that there will be something left when I am back on the ground. I fear I’m kidding myself though.

I have been reading your blog for years and had the good fortune of attending one of your milk paint workshops in Monument, CO several years ago. You are an amazing talent and I just love everything you do!

12. Elizabeth

You are always so inspiring! Love the Monet study of the woman with the parasol. You have inspired me to consider oil and watercolor painting. Even how you style the paintings with a simple background is lovely! Love your work!

13. Nan, Odessa, DE

Just lovely!
    Give us some.patriotic!!!
    Suggestion behind view (no faces) of children (3 dark haired) building sand castle.on beach with American flag on top of sad castle. Please!!!

14. mcgivy4

Marian, Do you not sell to NJ? I tried to purchase a couple of your items and was told there was not payment method for my state. Sadly the items I was going to purchase are now sold out. This was so disappointing.

15. duguay709

Marian, I tried to purchase one of your paintings today.
    I got a message that said, “no payment options available
    in your state”? Please, let me know how I can make a
    purchase online.
    thanks, Kathryn

16. Kaille

I just got off the plane and tried to go to the sale sight but only saw only item and it was marked “sold.” Is everything gone?

17. Karen

Let me echo the comments of others and tell you how much I enjoy seeing your progression in painting – it encourages me to do my own thing! You started with a boat load of natural talent (IMO) and I have loved everything you’ve done from the beginning to the present.

I’m disappointed that when I went to your sale at the stroke of 9:58 and then refreshing until about 10:15 CST there were only 4 sepias, 4 landscapes, and a few of your large paintings left to buy. I wonder how that happened.

18. MARY E Hewitt

Like others I was here at 10 sharp, saw several to buy, put one in my cart and got the same message about no payment options in my state? so I reloaded and restarted but a few minutes later all I was interested in were sold. I guess my best bet is to do a custom order. I have to stop trying to buy in these sales because it just stresses me out. But I do love them and I’m practicing at home to paint my own.

19. Janet Cherubini

Love your art, and would so love to purchase some. Do you have any works available? I’m also Minnesotan, and am drawn to your peaceful landscapes and skies.

20. Bea Benzing

I have recently found you and love your work and palate! I see you had a sale in May, very sorry to have missed that but I’m very interested in some of your smaller original work. When will you have another sale? Or how often do you put things out on your website for sale? Or what is your process for ordering commission work?