Remember this dresser I showed you a preview of last week?
When I finished it, I put the hardware back on and took some pictures, but it just wasn’t working for me. The hardware just isn’t right for the piece and, while I love the blue & white quilt, I didn’t love it as a backdrop for this piece. So, I ordered different hardware for it and reworked some things while I was in the studio today.
Here is how the piece started…
It’s actually a sweet piece and wasn’t bad at all, but the wood is a bit too orange for my taste. I found it for a good price on craigslist.
I purchased the solid brass bail pulls from Etsy.
I like how you can see little peeks of blue.
The top drawer is sort of wedged in there at the moment. It needs to be taken apart and rebuilt with a new bottom and we’ll take care of that before it goes to the Lucketts Spring Market. There’s also the contact paper with a brick motif on it that has got to go…
Oh, and before I sign off, here is a closer look at that quilt. Kriste spotted it when we were out shopping a couple of weeks ago and it is gorgeous. The piecing and hand quilting are so pretty. With the amount of artistry and handiwork that goes into these quilts, it’s almost sad how inexpensively I can find them at times. I’m happy to snap them up, though, and give them a good home.