I have a couple of very exciting trips and events coming up this year that I wanted to share, in case you’re able to join me. The first one is a biggie.
A few months ago, I received an e-mail from one of my MMS Milk Paint retailers, Dana, of Le Beau Chateau. She is a seasoned world traveler and has taken and led many trips to Europe. She pitched the idea of a creative retreat in one of her favorite places – Tuscany.
I’ve had a few invitations like these over the years. I would always get a quick rush as I allowed the idea to become a reality in my mind. But the real world…small kids, a husband in school, etc. would pull me out of the daydream. It just wasn’t the right time. Maybe one day, it’ll be the right time.
When this opportunity came, it was finally the right time. I said yes.
So, September 12-18, 2018, Dana, my mom, a few amazing MMS Milk Paint retailers, and I, will be going to Tuscany! Originally, it looked like this trip would not be open to the “public”, but we actually have room for four more! That means, you can come! Well, if the timing is right for you. I know how key that is and we’re not all in the season of life to whisk ourselves away to Tuscany with other creatives.
(This picture is of our meeting room!)
Here are the details of the trip…
- 6 nights in the heart of Tuscany
- Round-trip transfers to Pisa Airport via private motor coach.
- Accommodations are in 2 small hotels, (former homes) one is an old family Palazzo and the former home of an artist. The second floor is still an art gallery. The other, is an old Liberty style Villa with frescoes and beautiful architecture. Both are authentic Italy, all rooms are different in each hotel
- We have permission to use Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint on various projects in the hotel! How fun is that? We are open to topics and will be asking our attendees what they want to see/do. The group is small enough that we can tailor our workshops, balance of free-time and outings, etc. to the group.
- A trip to the largest antique market in Tuscany, we will venture inside the old walled city of Lucca to shop to our hearts content. We have contacts available for containers should you want to ship items home, or combine with others to get that perfect piece.
- Day trip to an agra-farm for wine and olive oil tasting, and a lovely local lunch.
- 2 special group dinners
- Evening wine toast (and chat) with local wines and Prosecco
- Bookings start at $1895 per person, double occupancy. Since each room is different at both hotels, the prices vary. Casa Cordati starts at $1895, Villa Moorings has an extensive breakfast and swimming pool so the price is slightly higher. Rooms will be first come, first served. Please let us know if you have a preferred roommate. Single occupancy is possible, spouses/friends can also be accommodated upon request.
(Villa Moorings Hotel)
Since we’re heading to Europe, anyway, my mom and I decided we would spend a few days in Paris prior to going to Tuscany. I am so excited about this trip, I am about to burst. If you have any tips on traveling in Paris, I’d love to hear them! We don’t want to run around doing a bunch of touristy stuff, but mostly just want to be there and soak it all in. We’ll go on lots of walks, eat at cafes, take a boat ride on the river, visit The Louvre, and just generally enjoy Paris in the fall.
I know it might be a long shot for most, but I hope that four of you will be able to join us on this amazing trip!
And, a little closer to home and closer on the calendar is Junk Bonanza in Shakopee, MN, April 19-21,2018. I will be there on Thursday, April 19, to be their official Instagram correspondent.
First of all, I’m just excited to shop at Junk Bonanza! I’ve been a fan of the event founder, Ki Nassauer, for years, so it’s fun that I get to do something with her! (I was geeking out on the phone a little when we talked. Her book was one of the first ones I read when I discovered a love for antiques.)
Anyway, I’ll be on Instagram stories sharing all of the exciting stuff going on at the event. In addition, I plan to find a piece to paint and finish throughout the day with MMS Milk Paint. The piece will then be available (I think as a giveaway or raffle.) It will be a ton of fun.
If you’re in the Minneapolis area, I hope you can come out to shop the goodies & say hello.