Today I’m joining Melissa of 320 Sycamore and a few other bloggers in sharing a few of my favorite things! She was one of the first bloggers I met and is such a genuine and encouraging person, so I loved the chance to team up with her and some of her favorite bloggers.
I decided to share a mix of things I’ve loved for a long time, things that are new loves and things that I would be very sad to do without.
And, here they are…
(Disclosure, this post is not sponsored by any of the products I share, but it does contain affiliate links.)
- Mrs. Meyers Lavender cleaner – This makes the whole house smell amazing!
- Wood-handled dish brushes – I bought these for the way they look, but they are the best dish brushes I have ever owned. I want to hoard them.
- Oreck steam mop – I received one years ago as a part of a partnership with Oreck, but when mine broke last year after a lot of use, I ordered another one right away. It is an awesome cleaning tool, especially when it comes to my battle with white kitchen floors.
- Dyson vacuum – I’ve had mine for 12 years and it’s still going. I’ve also found their customer service to be excellent.
- Kitchen Aid mixer – Jeff bought this for me as a house-warming gift 11 years ago and it has mixed a lot of cookie dough, kneaded bread dough, mixed chicken salad and more.
- Plated – I love getting my box of two Plated meals each week. It takes the pressure off of planning dinner and I’ve learned so many great cooking techniques and flavor combinations. I’m getting this for at least one person on my Christmas list.
- Wooden spoons – I’ve been into wooden breadboards for a while, but now wooden spoons have joined that love list. They are practical, pretty and gentle even on non-stick cookware.
- Copper pans – Like wooden spoons and breadboards, I love the warmth these add to my kitchen. I pick up inexpensive ones when I find them and yes, I do use them!
- All-clad saucier – I splurged on this pan about 10 years ago and it is still my very favorite. It’s great for sauces, stir-fry and one-pot meals.
- Ironstone plates – I use these for decorating and for everyday. If you read my blog regularly, this is a no-brainer. Look for dishwasher safe vintage plates for everyday use.
(Yes, I realize “favorites” is misspelled in the graphic. Ah, writing a post at midnight… Let’s just go with favor-ties.)
- Murad Acne spot fast fix – I’ve tried a lot of blemish-fixing creams and this has been the best.
- Murad Anti-Aging Acne face wash – Welcome to my world.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer – I’m pale and that means every little hint of red and pink shows up. This primer helps my foundation go on smooth and reduces the redness.
- Smashbox CC Cream – I tried this as a sample with something else I purchased and I loved how light it felt. I wear this now everyday.
- Bare Minerals Ready Foundation – I use this as a powder and to provide a little extra coverage.
- Mary Kay Lovelash Mascara – I use it over their lash primer. It lengthens my lashes and doesn’t get clumpy.
- Mary Kay Beach Bronze Lip Gloss – I don’t like to wear lipstick very often, so this is perfect. It adds a little color and sparkle, so I look finished.
- Jason Lavender Body Wash – All natural, makes my skin feel soft and it smells amazing.
- Chi Flat Iron – It’s not in the graphic, but it’s definitely a favorite. My hair would be a very not-cute afro if I didn’t use it.
- LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers – The name really does say it all.
- GapFit Breath Shirt in Charcoal – I layer this shirt under so many things! I love that it’s long and doesn’t add bulk. I’m always sad when it’s in the clothes hamper.
- Timberland Savin Hill Boot in Tobacco – These are the most comfy boots I own and I love the laces and buckles. It makes me feel a little like a prairie girl.
- Anthropologie Shirt-dresses – I own a few of these and they are a great alternative to comfy sweats. I wear them with leggings and boots and I feel like I’m wearing a real outfit.
- Gap Ribbed Poncho – I bought this just a few weeks ago and it is already a staple of my winter wardrobe. It’s comfy cozy, but doesn’t look like a tent.
- Athleta 2-in-1 Capris – I have a few pairs of these and I practically live in them. They are comfortable, allow for movement and the skirt makes wearing skin-tight capris an okay thing for me to do outside of the house!
- LL Bean Deerfield Boots – Just about every time I show a picture of myself in these boots, I’m asked where I got them. Jeff bought them for me for Christmas as a surprise and he hit the nail on the head. They’ve also turned me into a genuine leather snob. (The style of boot has changed, but it is similar.)
- Nikon D800 camera – I upgraded to this camera body a few years ago and it was such a great investment. I love the way this camera handles light and whites. This body has been replaced with the D810, but you can still buy it.
- Nikon 35mm FX lens – This is one of my big girl lenses that was a huge splurge. It’s a great lens for taking full room shots.
- Slik Pro 700 DX Tripod – Since I often shoot inside, which means low light, a tripod is a crucial tool for getting clear photos. I’ve used a few different brands over the years. This is my current tripod and my favorite.
- Nikon 50mm FX lens – This is on my camera 90% of the time and is the most budget-friendly lens I own. It shoots clear and at low apertures. If you can only buy one lens, this should be it.
- RFN-4s Wireless Remote Shutter Release – In order to prevent camera-shake that happens when I press the shutter button on the camera, I use a wireless remote when I’m shooting un-teathered and on a tripod. It’s another must-have for shooting interiors.
- Neewer 43″ 5-in-1 reflector set – At $17.50, this reflector set is a huge bang for the buck. I use mine all the time to control the light in my photos.
And, a few other random favorites…
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker – I bought this as a gift to myself when I first moved into the studio and I’m always surprised how this little speaker can fill the space.
- Targus Versavu iPad Case – I bought this case for my old iPad and now my new one. I like the way it functions and it’s protected my iPad from more than a few drops.
- Thermos Hydration Bottle – I’m really picky about water and I like it cold, so I fill this with ice water and it stays cold all day. It goes with me everywhere.
I talk a lot about home decor and antiques, so it was nice to share some of my other favorite things. I hope you enjoyed it, too, and maybe it helped you with putting together your own Christmas list or finding a good gift idea for a special someone.
If you want to check out some more favorites, here are a few other bloggers sharing theirs today…
Thanks to Melissa for inviting me to participate this year!