Announcing – MMS German Glass Glitter

by | Jun 1, 2014 | german glass glitter | 33 comments

Today, I want to share some super exciting news!  Some of you may have guessed this was coming some day, but it’s finally here.  I am so proud to announce the launch of Miss Mustard Seed’s German Glass Glitter by Meyer Imports!

I’ve been selling it for a while, but I’ve been bottling it myself, so I’ve only sold it in small quantities in my retail space and online.  It was time to think bigger than buying canning jars at the grocery store and filling them in my basement.  Literally!  (Why do all of my plans involve me boxing up stuff in my basement?!)

missmustardseed (427x640)

So, to get me out of my basement, I have partnered with Meyer Imports, who is going to distribute my custom blend of fine & course grits that makes, in my opinion, the perfect glitter.  The coarse grit gives texture and the fine gives full glittery coverage.

NEW.2.5 inch

So, how do you use German Glass Glitter?  You can use it like any other glitter…as an embellishment for crafts, projects and decorations.  Here are some ways I’ve used it…

glitter crowns/tiaras

MSI_6310

glitter pine cones

pinwheels with glittered edges

…and, where it all started, glittered letters…

I need to make a new tutorial for those, since my video was accidentally deleted!  It’s so simple to use, though.  Just apply glue, sprinkle on the glitter and let it dry.

It’s different from regular craft glitter in that it is actually made of crushed glass, so it catches the light in the most beautiful way.  Tinsel glitter just can’t compete with that.

We’ll be carrying it in five colors to start (that I got to name!)

Silver (Tiara), of course…

tiara-2

…a gold (14 Karat)…

14 karat-2

…a light blue (Carnival Glass)…

carnival glass-2

…white (Fallen Snow)…

fallen snow-2

…and black (Flapper).

flapper-2

I’ll explain the color names (that may need an explanation) and share more projects in the days and weeks to come.

Meyer Imports is still getting things ramped up, but you can place orders now in their online shop HERE (wholesale or retail).  You can read more about the announcement, plus FAQ’s on Meyer Import’s blog HERE.

1. Monica

please recommend the best glue to use with the glass glitter. I used Mod-Podge in a heavy coat on some glass votives and the glitter continues to fall off every time I pick up the votive.

• Miss Mustard Seed

I just use Elmer’s School glue.

2. Millie

You are just amazing! Congratulations on your new product line! You deserve all the best and I’m looking forward to seeing all your great ideas. Way to go Miss Mustard Seed!

3. Patricia

Wow! congratulations.
    I can’t wait to see the projects, new tutorial and…. of course hear about your zany name picking!
    I know it’s a doozy!
    Pat

4. erin @ dfmi designs

What a cool product! Congrats – that’s super exciting! I’m going to have to give it a try. Such beautiful colors!

5. karen

You picked a great company to team up with! I buy all my glass glitter from them and they have the best!!! karen…

6. karen keller-eyer

FYI
    I also like Martha Stewart’s glitter glue and it has a brush attached to the lid for easy application.
    LOVE the glitter and all the color choices MMS!

7. Terri

Bright, shiny objects get me every time:)

8. BrocanteuseRose

Oh la la. Guess who just added this to their birthday wish list, which is actually a “I must have these items post haste list”! It’s me in case I wasn’t clear. 🙂

9. Gail

Eweee, this is very exciting! This is the glitter I am always in search of. Can’t wait to see the other colors.

10. Kathy

Oh ! I’m looking forward to getting this!

11. Jeanine Okio B Designs

Very exciting news indeed! I love working with German glass glitter and I can’t wait to try yours!

Jeanine

12. Judy Rice

Congratulations on your new venture. Now I’ll be able to buy your mixture. Yeah.

13. Harriett

Love those names: Fallen Snow and Flapper. The best! Good luck on your newest business venture ~

14. Mary Stevens

Sorry to see such a price difference! I purchased from you for $12 and now it’s $18.99 (same size), Hopefully, the one I have will last a long time.

• Miss Mustard Seed

• Alicia from Whittier, Ca

“I was honestly under-pricing it quite a bit. I wasn’t paying myself for my time to package and send it out.”

Thank you for reminding us that time is a cost factor in a business that wants to thrive. Even the tags and yarn used must be included in the cost.

15. Betty

I love German glass glitter, there is no substitute! But I find my Meyer Import glass glitter tarnishes, is there something I’m doing wrong to cause that? I just use normal Elmers glue.

16. Lauren

Lovely!

17. Pam Dieckman

Do you know if this is poisonous to cats ?

18. Miss Mustard Seed

No, it’s not poisonous, but it is crushed glass, so you definitely wouldn’t want a pet eating it.

19. Kathryn

I think we need a tutorial on crown making. Just so cute! Are they made from Pipe cleaners?

20. Kristie

I love this glitter! There is nothing else like it! One question…I love the way it ages and gets an antiqued patina to it. However, sometimes I think it gets too much of a patina. Am I using the wrong glue? Or is this just the nature of the product? Thanks!

21. Rhonda

So exciting for you Marian! You began my love of German glass glitter and now you can be my source!

22. Marie@The Interior Frugalista

Marian, congratulations on the new product line! I’m very excited about this. Will your MMS Paint retailers be carrying it as well?

23. Barbara

Marian, I love the German glass glitter and was wondering if it would stick on a piece of silverplate. I do use the Elmer’s Glue and I think I have a great project if you think that this will work.

24. Angie w

The Carnival Glass is the most awesome-est color ever! Love that blue.

25. Kerry

Love anything that sparkles and shines. Good work, Marian! You are an inspiration.

26. Amy D

This is so exciting! I’m so happy for you, Marian! Your brand is really taking off. You are an inspiration! I love German glass glitter and now it’s even better under your brand.

27. Susan Prillman, glorygiver

You have the best job! I always thought it would be cool to name paint colors, but glitter? And you’ve done both! Congratulations!

28. Shanti @ Everyday Bohemian

p.s. I really really really love your color name choices! They are *just* the right balance of pragmatic and whimsical. A++ 😀