Here’s what it looked like before…
The base is from the chair on the left and the seat is from the chair on right.
And the slipcover is made out of Megan’s old cream cotton curtains!
We’re replacing them with a pretty green buffalo check that works with the farmhouse style Megan is moving towards, but relates to the traditional style (and other greens) in the rest of the house.
I am planning to make a small pillow for the chair, but threw one in there for the pictures. Ha, a little not-so-subtle branding. Actually, a very sweet reader made that pillow for me and it was the only one in the studio that was the right size.
The ties in the back are decorative, a little feminine touch, but they are also functional, so the slipcover can be tied on tight and is easy to remove for washing.
We have more to work on before we “install” everything in Megan’s house, so these pictures were taken at the studio. Just an FYI, if you’re confused by how different the space looks. You’re not crazy.
(Well, maybe you are, but this is a different space.)
I did sneak in a few accessories I bought for Megan’s space…
This adorable fan…
…a wind-up wall clock…
…and the wire waste basket.
And I had to show off the “weed bouquet” Kriste made for the pictures. It actually looks pretty cute given what she had to work with!
Everything is coming together so well!
Lastly, I wanted to share a peek at the wardrobe I found on Craig’s List for the main storage piece for her office. It was $175 plus $50 to the Mustard Seed Moving Co. That’s my dad. So, it was a grand total of $225.
And it looks almost exactly like the one in my inspiration sketch!
More on that next time!
If you’re new to this series, catch up here…