Furniture Feature Friday | No. 3

by | Nov 3, 2017 | Furniture Feature Friday, Furniture Makeovers | 13 comments

Happy Friday!  When it’s Friday, you know what that means.  The weekend, yes.  But, also Furniture Feature Friday is back!

Here are my favorites from last week…

This dresser by Dionne of The Turquoise Iris is just a show-stopper.  Well, everything she does is!  Part artist, part furniture gal.  Dionne is definitely a kindred spirit.

I love this furniture rearrangement shared by Meggie of @truelockdesigns .  It can be hard to pull off mismatched chairs, but she did a great job at pulling this stunning space together.

Lastly, this choice surprised me.  I wouldn’t have given a chest in this style a second look, but Pat of @thewoodspa handled it brilliantly!  She painted the piece in a watercolor-inspired finish and those swallow knobs put it over the top.  So well done!  (And she did that watercolor, too!)

If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can still browse through this week’s entries (no 3) from your computer, tablet, or mobile device by following THIS LINK.

If you’d like to participate in this week’s Furniture Feature Friday party use #FurnitureFeatureFriday4, so we can find you and this week’s submissions don’t get mixed in with previous weeks.

I’ll pick and share some favorites against next week!

1. Norma Rolader

Awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing

2. Alice Richardson

Any idea where the swallow drawer pulls came from that are on the watercolor chest? I would love to know.

3. Pat Rios

I feel so happy and honored that you featured my swallows nightstand Marian! I’m a huge fan of your work, and this is kinda of a big deal for me. You made my day! Thank you!!!

• Elizabeth

You deserve the recognition, Pat. Your reimagining if this piece is brilliant – the standout of the bunch. I wish I had your artistic talents!

4. Shoham

As a knitter I would say The Turquoise Iris has “found her fade”!

5. Jackie

The Turquoise Iris is lovely and something that I would never be talented enough to copy !!! That is what makes us all unique we have different tastes!

6. Rebecca Neustel

That multicolored dresser is just stunning! I would have never thought of doing that.

7. Pat

Thanks for your kind words Elizabeth!

8. Brenda

Imagine, doing a gorgeous finish, swallow pulls and all, on a chest……. AND painting the picture to be hung above it! So impressive. So lovely.

9. Miss Kitty

Wow! I love all three of those features! I know MSS used to have a Furniture blog party on Fridays. This seems to be new though…is it mainly on instagram? This may be the thing that finally pushes me to learn how to instagram.

10. Cynthia Chilson Finger

Love furniture, love Instagram, so I love this party. Thanks so much for hosting!

11. Susan Schneider

I just discovered the Turquoise Iris a couple of weeks ago. Her work is maybe the next big thing? Marian, since you moved, I am not getting your emails. I am going to resubscribe! Hope all is well.

12. Robbie Lennox

It’s so nice looking at your ideas for designing and refurbishing. I personally appreciate west of best furniture design.