Announcement – Furniture Feature Fridays!

by | Oct 4, 2009 | Furniture Feature Friday, Furniture Makeovers | 12 comments

I love before & after pictures, especially of furniture. I have what you might call “lost dog syndrome” for furniture. I’ve been known to make my husband turn the car around, so I can pick up a piece of furniture that’s been discarded on the side of the road. Furniture (most of it) deserves better than that! I must save it and find it a new home.

One thing I have loved about blogging is seeing all of the before & after pictures of furniture. I want to celebrate that by hosting Furniture Feature Fridays. At first, I am just going to feature my favorite furniture makeover that I see out in blog land (or you can e-mail me if you’d like to be featured.) After a few weeks, I will start to have a link part along with the feature…with giveaways, of course! Sound fun? Start working on some projects and I look forward to seeing all of your creative and beautiful furniture makeovers.

For some inspiration, I wanted to feature a stunning chair makeover I spotted yesterday. This is a creation by Whitney over at Shanty 2 Chic. I love French Provincial furniture and all that I can afford is the 1970’s reproductions. They usually have beautiful lines, but a dated finish and upholstery. Whitney took one of these chairs and gave it a totally new look. The before…
…and *tada* the after!

Gorgeous! Don’t you just love the skirt? Now, that part is a little complicated and frightening for those of you who don’t sew. A great alternative would be to recover the seat and you could even staple a little skirt on the bottom side of the seat. Click on the pictures for step-by-step instructions on Shanty 2 Chic. (By the way, my dining room chairs look a lot like these chairs and I have similar plans for them. Stay tunned!)

Next Friday will be my first Furniture Feature Friday, so be sure to visit!

1. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

I LOVE that chair makeover! Great idea for your feature on Fridays. Maybe I'll actually move on chairs that I've been wanting to paint {from white to brown}. I got the fabric for the seats and my free Glidden paint, so I'm basically set.

2. Leah

Great chair and Feature Furniture Friday Sounds like tons of fun! Maybe it will motivate me to finish all of my unfinished works. 🙂

3. The Little Red Shop

Sweet! I like that blue cupboard in the background too!

Looking forward to Feature Furniture Fridays!

: )

Julie M.

4. Ashlee

I love this Idea!! There are never too many before-after stories!!

5. L.Duncan

Oh yes I love this idea! You already know that I have a few things that will soon be added to this feature! Can't wait. I love before and afters. I have "lost dog syndrome" for furniture too. Especially when you know it has potential!

6. Lisa

Great idea! Thanks for visiting and leaving your kind comments. I would be honoured to be featured on your Feature Furniture Fridays! Love before and afters!
    Lisa

7. Marie

you have a really great blog, I also love before and after pictures..its really cool to see what things looked like before they are made new…keep up the great job that you have been doing. i so enjoyed visiting your blog. stopping by from SITS….

8. Leslie

I love your blog…so practical! We just redid a dresser for under $10.00:)

9. Diane Duda

WOW! I love this. It's a Cinderella story. 🙂
    Already looking forward to next Friday!!!

10. Sandy

I love what she did with the chair.
    Friday furniture makeover sounds like it would be very interesting, I would love to sit and look at all the creativity out there. Thanks for visiting.
    Sandy

11. Nezzy

Oops, your creativity is showing! Great job on the chair and love your before and afters!

As we say her in the Ozarks hills and hollers, Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

12. Annikke

I'm loving that chair! And yes the skirt is SO cute, and yes I don't sew so I would have to staple something on….. I've tried and tried to sew. Just don't do a good at job and I'm not comfortable doing it! Funny since two of my 3 sisters are amazing seamstresses