Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Song

by | Dec 23, 2020 | a slice of life | 117 comments

About 8 years ago, I snuck off into another room a couple of days before Christmas and played the guitar and sang I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas for my blog readers. Unfortunately, that video was accidentally deleted a few years ago.

Since that first song, we’ve done a song for Christmas almost every year.  We’ve done duets, group songs with friends and family involving preschool toys, kazoos, and popcorn-tin drums. It’s been so much fun and I know my blog followers have enjoyed seeing that different side of me (and seeing more of my family.)  Every year, I receive messages asking if I’m going to do a Christmas song and I try to pick a fun song that we can perform for you. I didn’t last year because I was recovering from shoulder surgery, but I felt like this year needed a song.  It’s been quite the year!

We were going to record a song over Thanksgiving, so we could have more people involved, but that trip didn’t happen.  This year it’s simply me and my guitar, just how it started.

marian parsons with guitar | a song for Christmas | miss mustard seed

And I picked a song for Christmas that I thought was a fitting hope for this year.

“Someday soon, we all will be together…  Until then, we’ll have to muddle through somehow…”

Thanks for muddling through 2020 with me here on my blog and social media channels.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas and a happy, fulfilling new year!

If you’d like to hear a song for Christmas that includes my family, take a look at my blog post from 2015.

PS – For those who asked about a finger-knitting tutorial, I made one on Instagram Stories yesterday and shared it on my highlights.  You can find it HERE.

finger knitting tutorial | miss mustard seed

1. JC

Simply beautiful. Merry Christmas and many blessings to you and your family in 2021.

2. Jodi

Merry Christmas Marian!

3. Laura H

Thank you so much for all you do for so many! Merry Christmas Marian.

4. Sheri

That is a fantastic picture of you, Marion!! ♥

5. Mary

How special!! What a beautiful voice! Merry Christmas!

6. Kim

Merry Christmas! One of my most favorite Christmas songs. May the Lord bless you and your loved ones on this day with the peace which surpasses all understanding. Revel in the small, glorious details of goodness in the world and carve out some time for relaxation.

7. Addie

You do it all, girl!!! Thank you for sharing all your ideas, family and home with us.

Merry Christmas!!!!!…and Yes! a Wonderful New Year!!!

8. Debra Naifeh

Lovely. Brought tears to my eyes.

9. Goetz Terri

This beautiful song is so appropriate for all of us this year.

10. Danae Stromberg

Thanks for the beautiful song

11. Thea Bradford-Lesnik

You are so talented! Just beautiful! Many blessings to you!!

12. Bonnie

Thank you Marian for sharing your life with all of us readers. I am in my late 60s and yours is one of the few blogs that I take time to read. I love farmhouse style and your pictures and ideas really give me great ideas and are a joy to look at. I loved the song. You do have a beautiful voice. Listening brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for pointing us your readers to Jesus who is the reason for the season.

13. Cheryl

Happy New Year Marion!! Thank you for sharing your life with us. I love your painting, music, home, etc. Keep on sharing with us. I look forward to your posts!

• Marian Parsons

Thank you!

14. ac

marion.
    l always thought of your personal decorating style as ” less is more”. adding boxwood green to the blue and white palette was the first thing l noticed. now l see lots of interesting personal items mixed with green and l love it. your houses have always looked like homes since the early days in PA.
    enjoy following miss m seed everyday.
    a.c.

15. Danielle

Oh that was simply beautiful. I am just now listening to this today late at night for the first time because it was really the only chance I got. But I never miss it because I know I will regret it. Your voice warmed my heart. Thank you sweet girl!

16. Janine

I’m late seeing this—simply beautiful.