My Favorite Things – Updated

by | Dec 4, 2010 | Antiques, Favorite Finds | 16 comments

I wrote a post in September of 2009 about my favorite things.  I spotted Donna’s Favorite Things SNS Link Party, so I thought it was time for an update.  Here we go…

French provincial style and slipcovers
Old doors and architectural pieces

Antique baby dresses

Blue and white and a little bling

German glass glitter

Ironstone

Black and white family photos

antique grain sacks

Scales and balances

Linens, silver, china and other hospitality pieces
Bakelite flatware

These are a few of my favorite things.  How about you?
Miss Mustard Seed

1. m e g a n

Those are a few of my favorite things too!

2. Sanctuary Home

You and I are two of a kind. I love all the same things. I oohed and ahh-ed at every photo you shared. It's so nice to have the internet and blogs, so that we can be surrounded by likeminded people. Wouldn't it be fun to hang out together in person? : )
    Susan

3. priest's wife

so beautiful- I love it all- especially the baby dresses

4. " SHABBY JUNK"

I like all those . Love the crackled ironstone dishes.

5. Barbara

Just beautiful things! Loved them all and thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Hugs XX
    Barbara

6. Formerly known as Frau

Love all your favorite things! Love blue and white plates, looking for an awesome scale but everyone I find is either over priced or not perfect for my mind. Have a wonderful weekend!

7. Ahl Cooped Up

This time of year I love my Spode Christmas tree China., My Vintage bubble lights, and Ornaments, My Vintage Pom Pom Evergleem tree with color wheel. On and On.. I Love decorating for Christmas!!!
    Thanks Mariane for your ideas and inspirations.
    Pat

8. Heaven's Walk

Oh…..I am SO with you on all of your fav things, Marian! Especially the grain sack pillows (total obsession), vintage hardware, white ironstone, linen slipcovers…..yeah…pretty much all of it! lol!

xoxo laurie

9. Funky Junk Interiors

What Kristin said! Fabulous is right! No wonder we all love your look. 🙂

Donna

10. SueAnn

Love your list! I love the German glass glitter too. Also birds covered in it as well as plain white. Stars…crowns…well just about anything sparkly. Love my bling!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

11. Marilyn Holeman

Question, Marian. Are those vintage photos YOUR family photos, or just black and white family photos in general? I have some of our family, and I LOVE those.
    I love old books as well–especially old children's books. Thanks for sharing your lovely list!

12. Lawrence

Those were the common things my wife have at home. Whenever she does some remodeling (Minnesota-based) in our house and remodeling (Minneapolis-based) in my office, she always put a little thing that reminds of our youth. We still have our black and white wedding photo and our very first photo before we were married. I just love the way my wife keeps things and memories.

13. Nancy

I think I have the same chandelier and it makes me very, very happy.