joss & main #holidayhostess event!

by | Oct 14, 2014 | Dining Room, Guest Room, Holiday | 26 comments

I know it’s not even Halloween, yet, but it’s about time to start thinking about the holidays and the parties, guests and decorating that comes along with it!  I’ve partnered with Joss & Main to kick off their Holiday Hostess events that will be running over the next few weeks.  It’s a great lineup of bloggers including the ladies from Stone Gable, French Country Cottage and Finding Home.

For my event, I featured my dining room and guest room…

Miss Mustard Seed Event Image

I decked out the dining room in my usual blue and white with natural accents like preserved boxwood and pinecones.  This is meant to be a “transitional” table that eases you and guests into the holidays.  It’s not full-on-Christmas-in-your-face, yet, but it’s festive.

Miss Mustard Seed-9890

Miss Mustard Seed-9869

Miss Mustard Seed-9881

Miss Mustard Seed-9887

Miss Mustard Seed-9891

Miss Mustard Seed-9894

Miss Mustard Seed-9902

Miss Mustard Seed-9898

Miss Mustard Seed-9899

HolidayHostessMissMustardSeed

The subtle holiday decor carries into the guest room…

Miss Mustard Seed-0573

Most of the decor is seasonally neutral, but I added some swags of boxwood at the foot of the bed…

Miss Mustard Seed-0574

…and a few holiday touches to the dresser.  There’s a full-length mirror in the room, so I could add a wreath over the mirror without being entirely impractical!

Miss Mustard Seed-0572

I added a pretty stack of “faux presents” as another holiday accent.

Miss Mustard Seed-0567

I hope you enjoy the Joss & Main event and some early holiday decorating inspiration!

HH-Logo-2-01

1. Ashley O.

I will admit that I have been thinking of ideas and dreaming of Christmas in my mind, for a couple of months now ha! I have always adored and strived to bring natural choices in when decorating for the holiday season, preserved boxwood, pinecones, birch, sprigs of holly and such…..I always find it much more pleasing to the eye. I love the look you have achieved here……simply lovely……~Ashley

2. Karen

Its all very beautiful Marian, you have me dreaming of Christmas decorating now!

3. Candy

Love the dining chair cushions! Where can I get some?

• Lisa

where can I get the beautiful winter white chair cushions? I love them!

4. Jacqueline

Love the dining room chair, beautiful

Hugs
    Jacqui

5. Ming

Spotted this straight away on the Joss & Main ad! Congrats on this exposure. I did look at the products and saw the cow, so cute, but not as cute as Eulailie (sp?). I’d love a pic of her.

6. teresa

Simply beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing!

7. Carrie

That looks like lovely light blue twine tying up your packages in the last few shots. Will you share your source?

8. Jelena

Love the table setting, Marian!
    Where did you find those tall pinecones (placed in the two bowls in the center of the table)?

9. Carol Morris

I love the subtle look of the small candles in the greenery. Where can they be purchased, also the presents on the dresser, the ribbon is very unusual but lovely. Did you make it yourself? Or can it be purchased?

Thanks for all of your great style ideas, I just can’t get enough of your posts.

Carol

10. tawnya

the dining room is so pretty, i love it!

11. Katherine

How Gorgeous! When whispers that it is decorated for a season it is the perfect combination. Pretty, subtle, inviting – love it all.

12. Rosemary Gregory

Another beautiful scene! Love the preserved boxwood. Especially love the candle tapers on dining table. Will you share your source?

13. Teresa

Marian,
    I bought a small preserved boxwood wreath from you back in the spring at Lucketts. I was wondering when you would have more for sell especially for the holidays? I saw one out on the Joss & Main MMS holiday event today but it was larger than I wanted.

14. Vicki King

Ms Marian, you made your new DR draperies! I love the new fabric as much as I do the other fabric! I saw it was sitting at the studio while u decide what to do w/it — i feel it in my heart, you know…. waiting on pins and needles!

The DR is beautiful – congratulations on subtle decorating that’s always stunning.

Warm Regards and Admiration (I mean it),
    Vicki K

• marian

Actually, those are the old drapes! I knew it would be so confusing. I took the picture before I took them down! 🙂

15. Shirley@Housepitality Designs

Beautiful, beautiful Marian!…I cannot wait to start decorating for my most favorite time of the year…thanks for the inspiration!!

16. Barbara Bussey

Hi Marian,
    Where did you find the great brass wall lamps, in your guest room?
    Thanks!,
    Barbara

17. Yvonne @ StoneGable

Gorgeous, Marian! I’ll be posting and pinning this! I love love love your style!!!

18. Becky Baur

I missed the blue and white dining room drapes, I was hoping they would be in your next curated event, but I don’t see them…

19. Tammy

Love, love the blue and white! Timeless!!

20. susan skilton

Marian – love your Joss and Main selections – do you know if they’re going to restock sold out items, especially one from the forest ?!?
    or do you have another source(pls email me directly!!) I just had a house flood so cannot check back here every 15 minutes though I’d love to!)??
    ? And do you ever bring your wares close to Charlotte NC?!? need ironstone!!
    thanks,Your new shop is wonderful, wonderful~
    susan in charlotte

21. Leeza

Wow …so much inspiration in this post!
    Marian, can you tell me the source for the swing-arm lights in the bedroom– they’re just what I’ve been searching for. Thanks.

22. Simply Suzannes at Home

I love everything about your decorating for the holiday style . . . classic and simple.
    Just beautiful!
    Suzanne

23. Billie Meyer

So glad to see your old drapes. I thought maybe you had put them back up. I have the same fabric I made mine in for the dining room only in the black and cream. I love your decorating too,
    but it makes me realize that I “over” do mine.
    Billie