Furniture Feature Friday | no. 5

by | Nov 17, 2017 | Furniture Feature Friday, Furniture Makeovers | 15 comments

Happy Friday!  It’s the best furniture-loving day of the week.  This week has just flown by for me and I can hardly believe that next week is Thanksgiving!  Oh my.  Are you ready?

Well, before we get to the grocery shopping, pie baking, and football, let me share some of my favorites from #FurnitureFeatureFriday5 shared on Instagram over the past week…

Jen of @greensprucedesigns sells at Sweet Clover Barn, which is near my old stomping grounds.  And I simply loved this richly-painted desk that she recently finished.  The simple styling is great, too!

And how graphic and amazing is this highboy by Stephanie of @stephanie_rehabtofab?  My word.  Girl’s got some skills.

And lastly, I love this soft, minty dresser Erica of @living_in_a_landmark finished for her eight-year-old daughter.  And apparently her cat as well.

So, thanks to all who shared this week!

If you’d like to check out all of the submissions, click HERE or search #FurnitureFeatureFriday5 on Instagram.

Since next week is Thanksgiving and then we’re heading into the Christmas season, we’ll take a hiatus from FFF for a few weeks and meet back up again in January!

1. Karen L.

Love the sweet green dresser for the little girl (and the cat). Precious without being over-the-top. Thanks for sharing.

2. Norma Rolader

What amazing furniture redo’s

3. Suzy

They are all beautiful. But, I especially like the cat!

4. Deborah nisson

And the drawer pulls and the POM POMS!!! I’m going to make Pom Pom wreaths with my grands over the next couple of weeks.

5. Chris Moore of Seattle

PLEASE tell me the cat comes with! There is nothing as comforting as a tabby cat. As my boy-cat Atlas the Bruiser can testify!

6. Connie

All pretty but my favorite is the minty green dresser. As for the cat on top….not sure my 3 dogs would approve. Hee hee!

7. Jen Green

Thank you so much for the feature! What an honor!

8. Jane

Cats have a sense about what is a good piece of furniture . My big ginger cat always lets me know when he approves of my work. 😊

9. Erica Swagler

Thank you Marian for the feature! What a great Friday surprise! You painted an identical dresser to mine in Apron Strings and I used it as my inspiration.

10. Tina Arcement

Is there no link this week to the other submissions?

• Marian Parsons

Sorry! I just added it. 🙂

11. Carole Prisk

WARNING….making gingerbread houses can give you a nervous breakdown! MMS failed to mention that these sweet little confections are not for the all thumbs types. All was well until I came to the part where you join the pieces ; then things began to fall apart…I mean literally fall apart. As I iced up one side the first side would quietly slide down and then the whole house would go down like dominos. I tried to catch the sliding parts, but all I got was royal icing fingers. I tried shoring walls up with jello boxes, salt shakers, spools of thread and even sat holding parts together for 15 minutes. But as soon as I let go, the walls came tumbling down. I thought I had succeeded with one until I tried to put the roof on…Marion, Marion my nerves are shot. My kitchen is a sticky royal mess, my cat is even wearing frosting . I’m getting out the glue gun and heaven help anyone that tries to eat these.

• Gina

Ha-ha! I thought I was the only one with that problem! When I was done with mine-it looked like a caved in shack covered in snow done by a 2 year old.

12. Kelly

Beautiful furniture finds! You know, I have had my grandmother’s printer’s tray put away for years. I feel like it’s too clutter-y when I hang it with little things in it, but never once have I thought to use the tray completely empty. I really like the way Jen did that. Now I’m going to be carrying my tray around my house saying “hmmm” for a few days.

13. Brenda

Loving the green dresser with the cat accessory and the pom poms! And what PURRfectly beautiful green knobs! Just a lovely piece of furniture. Well done, Erica. Your daughter is blessed.