Furniture Feature Friday -Favorites and a Link Party

by | Apr 1, 2010 | Furniture Feature Friday | 18 comments

I’m ba-ack!  I actually got back on Monday, but it’s taken me a while to get back into the swing of things.  Those who participate weekly may notice I just visited your links and left comments today.  I have really been running behind on things and am struggling to catch up.
As always, there were some very impressive projects and furniture pieces shared a couple of weeks ago.  Here are three of my favorites.

Cassity from Remodelaholic and her $15 headboard made out of kitchen cabinet doors.  I’m just going to speak the truth, here.  There are a lot of DIY projects out on blog land, HGTV, in magazines, etc…that clearly look like a DIY project.  Do you know what I mean?  Someone would look at it and say, “oh, you made that yourself out of some old cabinet doors.”  I saw this headboard and it looks like she ordered it out of the Pottery Barn catalog.  It looks like a $1500.00 headboard, not a $15 one.  To me, that’s what good DIY is all about.  Cassity even shares a materials list, plans, and step-by-step directions on how to build one for your home.

Annie from The House That Jade Built took a deep breath and painted a perfectly good armoire to make it even more beautiful.  Risky, but it paid off.  She gave it a coat of gray paint and then distressed it to highlight the imperfections and age of the piece.  Annie has done a lot of great pieces, but this one is my favorite.  You let me know if you’re ever tired of it, Annie.

Finally, Ann Marie of Twice Lovely scores the mother-of-the-year award with her puppet theatre and French play kitchen.  Now, I have a pretty cool mom.  She drove me to play practices and to work.  She gave me everything I needed to start my business.  She proof reads all of my blog posts.  All of that said, I wish she had made me this kitchen.  Can’t have it all, I guess, huh, mom?

You have to check out the piece of junk furniture Ann Marie used to make these adorable pieces.  She is a DIY genius.

Now, ladies, you’ve had two weeks and most of the country has had decent weather, so I’m expecting great things.  I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!

Here are the rules for this get together…

1.) Your post has to be about furniture.  Please, please, please…just furniture.  I’m always threatening to delete non-furniture posts, but then I don’t have the heart to do it.  Just save me the angst, please.  You can share makeovers, awesome finds, favorite pieces, furniture arrangements, or even pieces on your wish list!  Built-in furniture like kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities qualify as furniture.
2.) Post a permalink, not the link to your blog.
3.) The link party closes Saturday at midnight PST and I will choose my favorite(s) and feature their post and blog on next week’s FFF.

Miss Mustard Seed

1. gail

Welcome back! Thanks for hosting this weekly party!
    Have a great weekend, Happy Easter!
    gail

2. Tracey @ My House of Giggles

Thanks for hosting another great party! Can't wait to see all the fun furniture this week 🙂

And have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

3. Anonymous

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

4. Dayka (Life +Style)

it's always so great to get a complement from you about my work. thank you. 🙂

5. Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend

Loved looking at all the links…After a hard week, spending a relaxing hour of blog hopping.

So glad I stopped by your blog. Happy Easter

6. Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your wonderful complements! You're such a gracious hostess. Thanks for coming back and putting in the work to get caught up! 🙂 And a Happy Easter to you…

7. Jenn

I'm so glad I found you! Now I'm following you GFC so I won't loose track of another single post! ;D

8. The Little Red Shop

That headboard is gorgeous!

Thank you for hosting!

: )

Julie M.

9. SueAnn

Oh my!! Love that headboard! And that puppet theater and kitchen are TDF!!! Great links too!! What a terrific hostess you are.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

10. Mary Ellen

Woo hoo! I finally have something I did with furniture so I could link up to your fun party!! Thanks for letting me join! (I wanted to sneak something none furniture in in the weeks previous but I was good!)

bee blessed
    mary

11. Andy Porter

Thanks for hosting!! I love the idea of an "all furniture" party! Furniture before and afters are my absolute favorite!

I love that headboard. Holy Moly

12. Annie @ The House That Jade Built

Oh my! Thank you for showing off my armoire – so honored! You are such a sweet hostess & I can't imagine the hours you put into looking at each and every room we post here. Thank you again!!

13. Remodelaholic

Thanks for featuring my headboard! That was exciting to see! Have a great weekend!

14. Rustique Gal

Miss Mustard Seed-Welcome back! I love the pieces you shared with us. Imagine painting an oak piece like the armoir! But it works. I love it. The headboard is fabulous and the little kitchen adorable. Thanks for visiting my blog this week-Have a happy Easter!
    Sherry

15. Willow Decor

I love this!! It is so fun!! The Remodelaholic Headboard out of cabinets is outstanding!! Really it looks so great !! Thanks so much for sharing it! Happy Weekend!!
    xx-Gina

16. Angie

Hope you had a great trip to our sunshine state! And with all you have going, thanks for hosting this every week.