Farmhouse White is HERE

by | Jan 11, 2016 | Furniture Makeovers, Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint | 23 comments

I am so pumped today to announce that Farmhouse White, the color I’ve been in love with for months, is finally available!!  My retailers are able to order the paint today and it will be hitting stores as soon as they receive their orders.  This is not a required color for our retailers to carry, so make sure to call ahead for availability.

You can your nearest local or online retailer HERE.

mms-3513

So, what’s the big deal with this color?  I’ve been using it a lot lately and, in my opinion, it really is the perfect white.  Not too warm, not too cool, not too “off” white and there’s another bonus…

mms-2647-5

Farmhouse White addresses the chief issue when using white – coverage.  Whites, in general, require more than one coat of paint and I wrote about that HERE.  When I first tested out this custom-mixed color, I immediately noticed how much better the coverage was.

A beautiful white and better coverage?  That’s a win-win to me!

mms-2647-2

These doors were a very dark wood and Farmhouse white covered them in two coats.

mms-2620 mms-2651

I have really fallen in love with white this year, so I’m excited about adding this new one to our line.

mms-1472 mms-1478 mms-1482

I hope you love it as much as I do!

1. kristie

Simply Gorgeous! I love that color! Thanks for sharing!

2. JoanMarie

The color is beautiful and the name is perfect! Looking so forward to trying your paint line on a variety of projects this year!
    JoanMarie

3. Jessica @ Petal + Ply

so pretty! glad to know it covers well. that’s my biggest pet peeve with whites!!

4. Brigit

Looks gorgeous! Can’t wait to try it out!

5. Shari

I have several projects I want to paint white so I’ve been putting them off, anxiously awaiting the availability of this color since you mentioned it a couple months ago. In fact, I just called my local retailer (Robyn Story Designs, Tampa) Saturday to ask “when?” They said they had just ordered it so it would be soon. Yay! I’ve tried several of the MMS blues, Boxwood and Apron Strings but as a lover of all things pure, clean white (my husband says I have a “white obsession”), I’m really looking forward to trying Farmhouse White!

6. Jennifer

Marian,

Would this color work well as a wash?

7. Sonja

Congratulations on adding this excellent product to your range Marian. It must feel satisfying to have produced something with good coverage especially since it is white! I am proud of you!

8. Denise

Love it !

9. Sandy

I love this color! I’ve never used your paint before. If I wanted full coverage with no chipping, how would I achieve this? Do I need to add a bonding agent?

10. Lisa

I.NEED.this! I can’t wait to try it!

11. Jelena

Marian, what is the difference between Farmhouse White, Linen, and Ironstone?
    Can you post side-by-side swatches of the three so we the people (your followers) can see the difference with our own little (or big as the case may be) eyes?
    Thanks!

12. Becca

I’m just as curious as Jelena. I need to revisit your posts about the difference between milk paint and chalk paint. Almost ready to make a decision. This color just might tilt me to milk paint no matter the difference. :0)

13. Anya

Can’t wait to try it! I’ve already pre-ordered it from my local retailer! 🙂

14. Kate F.

I would also like to know how Farmhouse White compares, color-wise, to Ironstone and Linen. I’m guessing that it is a little deeper than Ironstone, my favorite white.

15. Stephanie

I have big plans for a farmhouse table redo and this will be the perfect color! I’m excited for it!

16. Jill Hilbrich

Looks like the perfect white for a project I have in mind – well two projects actually! Can’t wait to try it!

17. Cecilia

What a beautiful white. This may be my first purchase of milk paint!

18. Vicki K

Marian, do you think with a bonder, your Farmhouse White and Luckett’s Green will stick to kitchen cabs and not flake? Adding polycrylic sealer twice? Thanks!

Love your new photo.

19. Teresa

Beautiful color white!

20. marylisa noyes

I can’t wait to try this color. I have a secretary I’m dying to paint and I think this would fit the look I’m going for. Thank you…Now to find a retailer in Wa. state.

21. Tricia

love it!!! its perfect!

22. Cheroka

If I have a piece done in Annie Sloan Pure White, will this match it or clash?