Don’t Hate Me…More Goodwill Goodies

by | Oct 2, 2009 | Antiques, Favorite Finds | 27 comments

I’m linking to Frugalicious Friday over at my blog friend, Jane’s Finding Fabulous. Make sure you check out this new blog party!

I’m almost afraid to show all of you everything I found all at one Goodwill yesterday. I have been very fortunate lately with my thrift store & yard sale finds…don’t hate me. This vintage suitcase was $1.97…I already had the bench.

The frame was one of my most expensive purchases at $6.97. It is old and heavy! Not sure what I’ll do with it, yet, but I couldn’t pass up a nice frame.

I’ll spray this $1.97 display stand either white or oil rubbed bronze. I’m not a gold/brass fan.

Another piece that’s getting some spray paint. Really neat candle holder, though. It was $1.97.

This wooden rabbit pull toy is hand made. It’s going to be a little tricky to paint, but it is going to look so cute. It was $2.97.

Isn’t this vintage watering can adorable? It was $1.97. Here’s the question…paint or no paint?

This cigar box was $.97…great find!

These finial bookends were also a splurge at $6.97. I’m going to paint them to give them a new look.

Now, I almost passed this plastic wall planter, but then I had an idea. What if I turned it upside down? It would make a great top for a canopy over a bed! I’ll either paint it or (I can’t believe I’m saying this) maybe gold leaf it! Gasp! Sometimes gold is ok.I’m going to hit a church yard sale across the street today and a few more tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll have some more great finds to share with you. I haven’t wanted to jump the gun before it’s in my possession, but I am picking up a gorgeous french dresser from Craig’s List today for $30.00!!! I’ll probably be so excited I’ll post pics tonight.
Make sure you check out the blog swap post below from Erika at Oops! I Craft My Pants (off.)

1. Christina

Great stuff! Our Salvation Armys. Goodwills have not had anything good latley you are very fortunate

2. Lynette @ My Craft Discovery

I like the watering can as is. The chips in the paint make it look so cool! All the stuff looks so fun!

3. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

I'm sorry; I do hate you, but in a good way! : ) You find all these great things and then use that great talent you have to make them beautiful! Great idea for the plastic planter over the bed. I could see that large frame around a bulletin board or chalkboard and I can't wait to see how you treat the other items. The dresser sounds fab!

4. Amber B.

great finds! love the suitcase and the cigar box!

5. Ann Marie

Great finds you made! I love shopping/finding at Goodwill!! I couldn't help but notice that you are paying full price though!! Don't do that anymore! You can print out a coupon online for 20% off your purchase. I always keep one in my purse in case I find things at Goodwill that aren't on sale that day. Yep. I'm taking cheap to all new levels. 😉

6. Linda@Coastal Charm

I don't hate you…just a little bit jealous…ha ha! Luv the suitcase and the plastic planter idea…who would have come up with such a neat idea like this…leave it to Miss Mustard Seed!!! HAPPY FALL!

Blessings,
    Linda

7. Patricia

What great finds!
    I LOVE old suitcases so much so yah I am jealous a bit!

Have fun with your creations and makeovers!

8. Molly @ A Bit O' Shine

I have a little vintage case like that (but mine's blue and I did a treatment to it…I should post that someday)

You do find great stuff and for cheap! Looking forward to seeing the dresser.

9. Sandy

You always find the best stuff. Our Goodwill is hit or miss, with mostly miss. And it's a little pricey as well. I find the best bargains at our Humane Society thrift store.

10. Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Ack…I am sooo darn jealous!! You found some seriously frugalicious deals! Consider yourself lucky Miss. Mustard Seed! But you deserve it because with your gifts and talent, each of those items will be transformed! And I cant wait to see them all painted and shined up! Thank you for participating in my first blog party! 🙂

11. Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Oh, and the idea of using that planter turned upside down as a canopy holder above a bed is genius! That really is a fabulous re-purpose! Way to think outside the box!

12. The DIY Show Off

Yea – I'm on the verge of not liking you very much! I'm so jealous! Just kidding. AWESOME finds! Now I'm up for the challenge of hitting all 3 local thrift shops this weekend and hope to find at least 1 worthy item!

Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend!
    Roeshel

13. Happy Nester

I am so jealous. I love that cigar box and that cute little vintage suitcase. Wow, you found some great goodies.

14. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

hmmm, I think I do hate you a little bit. ha! Those are some great finds. My favorite is the suitcase, well I like the cigar box too, and the wooden rabbit….

15. Keri

You did GOOD at Goodwill! Amazing, you have a great eye for interesting bargains. Would love to have you come and see me at http://www.spitnglue.com. Take care, Keri

16. Melissa Miller

Very beautiful! Love the pretty finials! 🙂

17. Leah

You have been lucky! I've been donating tons & tons to my thrift store,hoping for the thrift-store karma to swing back at me 🙂

18. Jane

Great finds….again!!! Love your idea of using that plastic planter as the top of a canopy.
    Jane

19. Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Boy you did find some great things! I love the old suitcase. I am always looking for an old but nice looking one…haven't found it yet. You have some great treasures there. Have fun with them!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

20. Leslie

I'd go with NOT painting the watering can. But then again, if anyone can paint it & have it look great, it's you!

21. Jacey Autumn Photography

WOW ! you found some great stuff! Look forward to seing what you do with all of it 🙂

22. pk

I'm never this lucky! Great finds. Hope you have fun finding more this weekend!
    pk @ room remix

23. Angela

AWESOME finds!! Love what you have done with this stuff!

Angela Tippets
    blog.iamwickless.com

24. Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas

Love that suitcase and that FRAME!! Soooo pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with everything! I know it will be Fabulous!!!

Lou Cinda

25. Hesta

I am also working on a vintage suitcase end table. Love your stuff!