linen shades & art sale

by | May 2, 2019 | All Things Home, Artistic Endeavors, Decorating, Oil Painting | 19 comments

First off, the winner of the Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint birthday giveaway is Traci (butterflyoct)!  Congrats!

Almost a year ago, I made some linen shades to filter light in my studio.  And that project turned into having the shades reproduced and sold on Decor Steals.  Well, they are back today!

I hung one in my kitchen to show what they look like…

They are made out of a pretty, off-white, linen-ish fabric that offers some privacy and filters light without blocking it out entirely.  They are made to hang on a tension rod, so they are easy to put up (and take down.)

And the ties can be styled in a variety of ways.  Here is a video showing some options…

I am asked about those shades almost every time I show them, I’m happy Decor Steals brought back this ready-made option.
You can click HERE to purchase them.
Also, I wanted to share that I listed another round of original paintings for sale…

You can bid on the landscapes HERE.

And you can bid on the still life paintings HERE.

As always, thank for supporting my art!

1. Kristin

Can i double these for a wide window?

• Marian Parsons

Yes! They actually sent me two to show that, but I didn’t really have a window to showcase that on. They can certainly be doubled up, though. The ones in my studio are basically hung side-by-side and it looks nice. Very soft.

2. Joyce

Love all that you do !!!!!

• Judy

Just got my window shade for my kitchen window!

• Kim Hesting

Will these be for sale again? I ordered 4 but need 3 more as I had to double up two windows.

3. MARY-ANN (FROM CANADA!)

Marian, I have been patiently waiting for your gorgeous curtains to return to Décor Steals and was so happy to see them this morning! I ordered them immediately! These curtains are so cute! Just love them and can hardly wait to get them! Have a blessed day!

• Marian Parsons

Oh, I’m so glad!

4. Elizabeth

Thank you! These are what I have been looking for…I will be using them in several places!

5. P kovach

What is the name of the fabric you used that has a linen look? I like it a lot. Thanks

6. Sharon Dobbs

The link to the art action does not seem to work

• Beverly

I found the same thing. The link to the landscapes works, but the link to the still lifes seems to have a glitch and just keeps going back to the blog post. Hmmm…

7. Lynn

Got two as soon as I got the email!! Love these so much, can’t wait to put them in my kitchen windows!!

8. Beth

Love the shades. When I click on your first link about when/how you made them, it just refreshes back onto this page. Thought you might want to know. I’ll search it in the search bar for now. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Marian Parsons

Oh, sorry! I’ll fix that!

9. Jo Nelson

They are all sold out!

10. Virginia

Where did you get your brass clamp lamp on the easel?

11. fireboy and watergirl

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this website is, in fact, pleasant and the viewers are in fact sharing good thoughts

12. Lois

I’m trying to bid on some artwork. Is it not working … or are they all sold already?

13. Ann Anderson