red & white grain sack chair

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

As I said last week, some things from our guest room will be coming up for sale, since we’re converting the guest room into a room for our youngest son.  It’s a little bitter sweet for me, since that room has always been one of my “pretty rooms”, but I’m so happy that both of my boys will have their own space.  My room was my haven when I was a little girl and I would play in there for hours.  If I had a mini-fridge and a microwave, my parents may have never seen me.

One of the pieces I am selling is this French chair upholstered in antique grain sacks…

mms-9802

I stripped this piece and painted the frame years ago and actually had it professionally upholstered.  There was a season when I was selling at Lucketts and just couldn’t keep up with the rate my stuff was selling, so I had to hire out my upholstery work.  It’s beautifully done and I fell in love with how Ruthie (the upholsterer), showcased the details on the antique textiles.

mms-9803

The monograms on the inside of the arm put it over the edge for me and, with all of the pieces that have come and gone and even though it wasn’t blue, I haven’t been able to part with it.

mms-9805

It’s time now, though.  So, I’ve loved on it and will send it off to a new home to be loved by someone else.

mms-9809 mms-9807

I am going to keep the painting for now and use it in a few photo shoots.  I have grown a real soft spot for original art and this piece really speaks to me.

mms-9811

If you’re interested in purchasing the chair, it’s $385.  I would prefer to sell it locally (Gettysburg, PA), but I am open to shipping it as well.  Just send me an e-mail!  ([email protected])

PS – The chair has been claimed!

Comments

1. Diane cummings says:

Tried e-mailing without success. I adore that chair!! Please tell me it has not been sold!

2. Chloe says:

I’d love to hear a bit more about how you deal with shipping furniture!

3. Ditto about shipping furniture. Your insight would be appreciated.

4. Becky says:

Oh how I wish I could come right over and buy that chair! I have admired it since you first shared it. What caught my eye was that painting! If ever you decide to sell it, can you please let me know? I’d like to have first dibs on it. I collect vintage art and this would fit PERFECTLY in my home with my floral paintings.

5. Have you sold the chair….I s your shop online? Thank
    Ks

6. Kitty says:

I am in California …………I’d love to buy the chair too ! But, to be practical, it might cost that
    much to even ship it out here. Instead, I am going to copy it and redo a chair that I have.
    Thanks for the inspiration Marian !!! I know your chair will be loved and enjoyed :)

7. lynda santillan says:

yes…I inquired before about shipping your furniture…I would love the chair…I live in Oregon and would love to see how much it is to ship..here…thanks so much lynda

8. Hannah Rose says:

I LOVE that painting! As soon as I saw the first photo, I thought, “I hope she’s selling that picture!” But alas, my hopes were dashed. I don’t blame you AT ALL for wanting to keep it; it’s beautiful…

• Hannah Rose says:

P.S. If you do decide to sell it after using it several times in photoshoots, keep me in mind!

9. Gilda Stigliano says:

the painting is lovely. that is exactly the kind i would love to learn how to paint

10. Suzanne says:

My question is about that beautiful dresser! I love the color!

11. Donna says:

Not to be rude, I know you have heard this before. Your ads at the bottom of the page flash annoyingly and the “x” is super small so pressing it opens the ad. Then it is immediately replaced with a new ad. I love your blog but always think “oh, this is the one with the annoying ads” and sometimes just close out to get away from getting a migrane from the flashing. Again, I love your work.

• It is not her choicer to have the ads there Donna, unfortunately it seems every page we go on on the internet is loaded with ads. I guess that is how the money is made for these domains. If you carefully click on the “x” ( I know it is small) it will go away. A least that ad anyway :)

12. This chair is stunning ♥

summerdaisy.net

13. Judy Bales says:

If you decide to sell the bird painting please let me know!

14. Naomi S. says:

That chair and dresser should be sold as a pair! Just kidding, but they look so fabulous together, don’t they? The chair is very cool and I think it will be gone in no time, if not already.

15. Debbie Klausing says:

Ad problems here too.

16. Dodie Leibecke says:

Love your blog but I also
    Share the frustration of the ads.
    Anyway to adjust them that they
    Appear at the end?

17. The painting is so darling!!! I absolutely LOVE it!! I can completely understand the draw, there is something so nostalgic about it!! Makes me feel all warm and gushy inside!!

18. Audrey Nugent says:

I must be lucky because I have no annoying ads flashing at me. I always enjoy all your insight, collections, choices and honesty. I love that you go against the grain and don’t follow the crowd. More often than not you start the new wave, the new “in” thing. It is a joy to follow you and to have seen your growth.

19. Rebecca M says:

The ads flash across the very bottom of my screen. No biggy, I just block them out!