cleaning the basement & a stool for Lucketts

Today, my mom and I spent a few hours cleaning out the basement.  After all of the project-finishing, organizing, cleaning, shopping for Lucketts, shipping for the online shop, etc, the basement was a mess.  I can tolerate a messy basement for a while, because I can close the door and not look at it.  There comes a time, though, when I’m tripping over things and can’t find things and it feels like things are everywhere and they are crowding out my productivity and creativity.

We worked really hard and both the old and new parts of the basement are cleaned and organized.

MSI_5607

Everything that’s finished for Lucketts is priced and packed…

MSI_5608

…and we have a holding area for pieces I’m still working on.

MSI_5610

MSI_5614

It feels amazing to have those spaces cleaned and ready for work!  Next week I hope to get some of these pieces finished, so I can show off some good ole furniture makeovers.

Since pictures of the basement aren’t all that pretty, I took some pictures of this adorable stool I bought…

MSI_5615

I love the color, the wear of the paint, the turned legs…

MSI_5616

MSI_5618

MSI_5619

…And the little surprise that it folds open to make it into a step stool.

MSI_5621

I even love the paint splatters.

MSI_5624

As much as I love it, I tagged it and added it to the Lucketts pile.

I also added two more boxes of ironstone to the pile.

I hope Lucketts shoppers are coming to buy ironstone, because I have a lot of it!

Comments

1. I think you have a thing for green step stools. I once had one that unfolded, latched, and turned into an actual ladder. I loved it, but I sold it as well.

2. Love the stool. No really, crazy go nuts for the charactor, shape, size and color. Sigh. Driving to PA later today and again next weekend. Would love to know how much the stool will sell for and if you would consider selling it before Market Days.

I will not be able to attend the sale this year, I will be on travel.

Here’s hoping …. Giggle

3. We were at Luckett’s last weekend–hope to get up there again. If not, say hi to Cassie (Primitive & Proper) for me!

4. Carolyn Kidd says:

Can’t wait for Lucketts !

5. Wow I love that stool! I love how worn and chipped it is, even the missing paint color and your right about the splatters. :-) Great piece for sure.

6. Loving that stool! Good luck at Lucketts! I def. need to check it out.

7. Dolores says:

I love the stool! You wouldn’t be able to ship it to me in Alabama would you! I’m only about 40 miles from where you came for the Chapel Market! If so I want it so bad!

8. Lynne says:

I hope you know what a wonderful mother you have. (I’m sure you do <3) She is sooooooo supportive and generous with her time. Please let her know she has a fan too out here in blog reader land.

9. I bet you’ll sell out of ironstone before the first day is even over. :-)

10. times like these I wish I lived closer to you so I could take that little armoire with the fleur de lis doors home with me!

11. Sandy says:

I’m with Lynn…just thinking how wonderful to have such a mother…Lucky! Oh, and that basement….another “Lucky” girl! In a nice way…you deserve it all! Thanks for sharing.

12. Lori Stephens says:

Marion, I would love to know what you are going to price the green stool for Lucketts. I found the exact stool last week in Canton, Texas. Mine isn’t green, but very shabby and distressed white. :)

13. Beth Tebaldi says:

It’s me again. I’m wondering if you announced the winner of your give a way last week? Or do I have you mixed up with one of your great girl friend bloggers?

14. Your basement looks good to me. I guess I shall have to live vicariously thru you. I am dying to get my studio cleaned up so I can tackle my projects in an organized space but alas…that is still but a dream. But on the up side I did spend the day at the Artisan Co-Op I joined recently, helping out with the Grand Opening. I set up an area and painted away so the customers could see how I make my signs and paintings, that seemed to please them. So though my studio is still a mess I did have a great day!

15. Marian, You are so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fortunate to have your Mom and Dad living close by! My Mom and Dad live 3 1/2 hours from me. I am 59 years young and my Mom will be 82 years young this month. I would love to be able to drop by to see her and do things with her on a weekly basis. Of course it would be nice to see my Dad more often too! Enjoy them!

16. Teresa says:

Marian,
    As soon as I saw that cute stool, I wondered how many people would ask “Would you consider selling it BEFORE Lucketts? Sometimes I think you do this just as a teaser, ha!There is no doubt you could probably sell everything you listed well before the market so it got me to thinking that you must really enjoy going to this event and being part of it every year. Its certainly a lot of time and work getting ready for it. Looking forward to being there.

17. Susan says:

Oh, when I see that stool, I think of the day I purchased one the same color and all, and then backed over it…talk about brain cramp. I took the pieces home, but it was too broken up. Oh, well, I had one, for a fleeting moment.

18. Hope Allen says:

Cant wait until May for Lucketts Spring Market!!!! See you there and cant wait to buy some of your iron stone pieces!!! along with other things!

19. Kristen says:

Oh this is too funny! I have almost the very same stool, it’s the same color as well! It’s in my basement right now…was a yard sale find a few years ago..I kind of forgot about it!

I will have to dig it out, put it to use and maybe post it on Furniture Friday…lol

20. Liz THOMAS says:

My daughter and I will seek you out at Luckett’s. It will be the first time to go there. Save me some ironstone!!