in my element

It was time to get some updated portraits for my blog and social media pages as well as some shots of me with my milk paint products for the MMSMP website and the look book we’re working on.  The last time I had portraits done, I met the photographer at Lucketts.  It gave us a lot of different backdrops, but I’ve always wanted to have pictures taken in my house.  In my element.  Jody, the amazing lady who did my last portraits, wasn’t available this time, so I worked with another photographer I met through Lucketts.  Eddie of Jalapeno Photography has shopped my booth at the Lucketts Spring Antique Market for a few years, so she was the first one who came to mind to ask.

She came out a couple of weeks ago and took some pictures of me painting a piano stool…

missmustardseed-107 (640x427)

missmustardseed-114 (427x640)

missmustardseed-108 (427x640)

…some of me around my house…

missmustardseed-109 (640x427)

…some at one of the beautiful barns in Gettysburg…

missmustardseed-110 (427x640)

missmustardseed-111 (427x640)

missmustardseed-115 (427x640)

…and we took some shots that were more about the colors and products in my line, but still had me modeling them.  I’d rather not be the model, but I know it’s important for people to see me with my brand.  Someone pointed that out to me a couple of months ago and it was sort of a “duh” moment.

missmustardseed-116 (427x640)

missmustardseed-112 (427x640)

Anyway, I’m really happy with how the pictures turned out and Eddie was awesome to work with.

Comments

1. These photos are just beautiful, Marian!

2. You look fantastic,your hair is just darling-beautiful shots of you!!!

3. Beautiful, Your joy is shining through!

4. JaneEllen says:

Hey gal you look so fantastic with your new body and hairdo, so much younger. Great photos.
    sorry to hear your son was sick so you couldn’t go to Raleigh and the ladies shopping get-together. Love how your wear your scarves, love the fringe on scarf. I’m a scarf person myself so love to see how other’s wear them. Happy season

5. The Merchant's Wife says:

The photos are beautiful; such lovely colours. And you look lovely in them. :0)

6. Girl! Look at your tiny self! You are looking so great!!

On a side note, my fiance works for a custom furniture builder (they have an exclusive contract with Phoebe Howard) and we recently picked up some of your waxes for them to try. They LOVED them. They have already used them on a few pieces but they were delivered before I had a chance to get a picture but next time I will be sure to send them your way.

7. Becky says:

These are my favorite portraits of you, ever! You look fabulous, and (to me at least) they seem to capture the different facets of who you are. Way to go Marian and Eddie!

8. Peggy says:

Beautiful photos..love the pics near the barn and beautiful lighting in your home…just lovely.

9. Seleen says:

The new pics are adorable! I really like that they show you having FUN and enjoying what you do! I always love reading about your work and your many projects, but it’s nice to be able to associate all that busy-ness with your lovely, happy smile!

10. They’re SO cute ~ I love you casually leaning against the barn. If I didn’t know you, I’d definitely buy whatever you were selling! :)

11. Love the photos of you in Gettisburg!

12. I love the barn and field shot and blue looks so pretty on you. I am thankful for you and the beauty you have brought into my life. Di@Cottage-wishes

13. You look so pretty :) That blue scarf is perfection, by the way!

14. You look so cute and happy! Thanks for sharing these pictures with your readers.

15. All the photos that you have posted of yourself are beautiful, but these show the results of all your hard work at getting healthy. The photos are beautiful- you are – glowing!

16. Absolutely gorgeous!

17. Love, love, love these pics! You look fabulous!

18. SiouxzieQ says:

You looks fabulous! All your hard work is definitely paying off.

19. Laura Strack says:

Marian, You look Fab, my Darling!! You have a glow about you and it shines from within. These photos show how sweet you are but you also look confidant and just happy to be where and who you are and you can’t fake that.!! Love your photos, too :) Eddie captured you so well!! Have a beautiful day.

20. Pamela Brown says:

Excellent ! So very proud of you..love your product…love your look..love your blog…!Girl you are shinning !! Blessings to you and your family this Most Holy Season…

21. They turned out fabulous!

22. You look beautiful, Marian! The photos are gorgeous!

23. kathy says:

The one of you leaning up against the barn is OUTSTANDING……that should be on the cover of your next book!!!

24. Debbie Byrd says:

Your photographs of you along with your products….and those in your element – PERFECTION!!! I am thrilled for you….your personality and beauty are such a compliment to your creative, business side! GORGEOUS pictures!!

25. Nancy says:

You look stunning! The pictures came out just beautiful! Can’t wait to see the finished piano stool.

26. maggie says:

Great pics! Love the one of you leaning on the barn.

Maggie

27. Arleen says:

Pictures…great! You…..beautiful.. Site……terrific. I guess what I’m trying to say is your photographer had the best subjects!

28. Such beautiful photos!

29. Angie says:

Your pictures are beautiful! I love the one of you by the barn. Your hard work has paid off…you look so tiny! You are inspiring me in more ways than one. Can’t wait to see your look book!
    Angie from Pensacola

30. Andrea says:

You look gorgeous in these photos! There is no better model than you!

31. They’re ADORABLE shots. You look so pretty. I love the “real” settings, and how the colors are all coordinated. I think you might start a trend with your hairstyle too. It is tooo cute!

Cindy

32. paula says:

Um, you look super fantastic! You go girl!

33. these are such lovely photographs and so nice to have you in them – so we can see who you are a little bit more – you are so pretty, it is great to put a real face behind this fabulous paint!
    Trixie
    Lovingly Made
    x

34. Irene says:

Wow, you look great. Love the pics by the barn. You’re confidence is shining through!

35. Irene says:

Arrgh! Hate misspelled words. Your, not you’re. : )

36. Janel says:

This is your best look, hands down!! So darling!!

37. MaryS says:

WOW !!! Beautiful photos. Miss Mustard Seed looks great! Very well done.

38. Hello! Love the colors in the photos……curious what type of boots you’re wearing?
    Thanks!

39. Hi Marian – Love the photos. How fabulous you look. I need a makeover…badly! I saved one of your pics to show my hairdresser. I love my salon – but they never want to cut my hair short…so I have to show them your pic. My hair is finer and straighter – but I have a lot of it. Hopefully mine will look almost as good as yours.

Great pictures – if only we always looked good when we are painting!!

Linda

40. Pamela says:

Love your makeover! You seem to be very comfortable with the new you and you wear it well. My hair is like your old style and I have thought about getting my hair cut shorter. You are so cute with your new style. Lovin’ the look gurl!