A little more of the master bathroom…

You know how it is…  Traveling, craziness, busy, not enough sleep, over stimulated, all of that stuff.  Yeah, I’m feeling it.  I just finished Haven and, instead of flying home, I flew into Richmond to help my mom with some family stuff.  So, I’m in for a couple of days of hard work before I can finally go home and crash…and then turn around and go to the Becoming Conference!  Whew!  Given all of that and the late hour at which I am writing this post, I decided to just share a few more pictures from my master bath.  That’s something I can handle when my eyes are heavy and my brain is the consistency of oatmeal.  Of course, I’ll share all of the details of the room and some of my new favorite photo tricks and all about Haven, but we’ll do that another day.

Until then, here’s a bit more of the master bath…

Miss Mustard Seed's Master Bathroom

Miss Mustard Seed's Master Bathroom

DSC_1684 (424x640)

DSC_1687 (424x640)

DSC_1691 (424x640)

Moen Weymouth Faucet in Miss Mustard Seed's Master Bathroom

Comments

1. Shelly Powell says:

Love, Love Love your new bathroom!!!! Just lovely. :)
    Shelly

2. Lovely and serene!

3. It’s so beautiful Marian! A little piece of luxury to call your own. Can’t wait to see the vanity too!

4. Everything looks so fresh and clean, the blue and white is gorgeous in there. Love the open shelving and how you have decorated it. Can’t wait to see the entire room. Get some sleep :)

5. Shell We says:

Hey long time no read. Been thinking about you & finally remembered to pop over. Love your bathroom cant wait for the deets. Tried to sub to email updates so I can keep up since reader is no more, but it says they aren’t enabled. Take care & stay fabulous. Shell

6. You are one busy lady! I don’t know how you do it all. I went to a blog conference here in the midwest the last two days (it was local for me) and my brain is totally shot and my house is a total disaster. :)

Such a beautiful space and the curtains are just lovely. Did you just put a plastic shower curtain behind each one?

7. Stunning! The valance hiding the curtain rod was such a good idea. Really pretty and clean.

8. Crystal says:

You sound so busy!!! Take care of yourself lady!
    Also, the finishes in this bathroom are divine, it is amazing how details like marble finishes can transform the ordinary to luxurious!

9. Debbie says:

Love the shelves! What a beautiful display.

10. Oh, my stars! How beautiful and so classic!

11. Anne Boykin says:

Dear MMS, Lovely! Love the fabric, the marble, the molding, the trim, the fixtures – all perfect. You have such wonderful taste. I’m looking forward to hearing about Haven. Hugs, Anne Boykin

12. Hello! What a gorgeous bathroom and I LOVE how you hung the shower curtains! I have been following you for several years and finally sending a comment as you are a true inspiration in so many ways. Take care and will look forward to the photography tricks and Haven updates.
    ~Joan

13. Penny @ The Comforts of Home says:

It is so beautiful. I am looking forward to the photo tips.

14. Andrea says:

What a gorgeous bathroom. I wouldn’t want to ever leave this space! The curtains are a very favorite of mine. I missed your sale on Joss and Main and the curtains. Will it happen again? Soon? Please?

15. Beautiful! I love white bathrooms. They just look so clean!

16. Wendy M says:

I LOVE your house! Can you redo mine? Lol! You will be proud…. I started my first furniture redo today! Wish me luck!

17. Claire Bacon says:

LOVE that shower curtain, care to share? OH, I know, you made it! Lol

18. Janice says:

Love the shower curtain. Would you care to share the fabric name/where you purchased it/ etc. I’d love to check and see if the pattern comes in other colors.

• Betty Hancock says:

Mydaughter would love to know about the shower curtain. are you willing to reveal your source? Thanks in advance. E-mail me please.

19. The cornice over the shower curtain is beautiful. Waiting to find out what the grill work look is all about. Great job!

20. Linda says:

Love the blue and white! It is so bright and cheery. The curtain fabric is my favorite. Do I remember you telling us what the pattern is a while back? I can’t find it if you did say and I would love to know, if you do not mind!

21. Peggy Thal says:

Turned out beautiful! Enjoy your new room.

22. Lori M. says:

So beautiful…just finished your book and now I am inspired to do some things around my house. Thank you for always sharing!

23. Mary Borgsmiller says:

Love love love the bathroom! Are the shelves built in. WANT that shower curtain!!!!! Great job and enjoy your trip! God bless!

24. So pretty! Love the shower curtain and how the detail on the bottom of that open shelf ties in with the pattern at the base of the wall.

25. Nancy says:

Hi Marian,

The bathroom has turned out beautifully…..but I will never understand why American bathrooms are rarely designed to use sliding glass doors instead of curtains. Not the ugly metal framed glass doors in some apartments, but ‘frameless’ glass that can look so elegant. Your curtains are beautiful, and the pelmut idea to hide the rail is inspired!! But I can’t help thinking how damp they will become when you use the shower…no matter how hard you try not to get them wet.

In any event, may you have many hours of joyful soaking in your tub in such beautiful surroundings.

Cheers,

Nancy

26. ivena dehl says:

I too am interested in learning what and why the grill is used around the baseboards . . . are you “hiding/embellishing” a heart source? B/c that is beautiful and creative if you are! The whole thing is clever actually. I like that you let the shelving jut out, why not?? Excited to read details! Sweet dreams!

• Yes, it is hiding the baseboard heaters. They are hot water heaters, so there isn’t an issue with it being a fire hazard. The metal grate allows the heat to come through.

27. Penny says:

It looks really stunning.I love the pop of orange …..

i hope you are able to get some R&R soon, it would certainly be well deserved.

Take Care….
    Penny

28. Ellie says:

It’s so pretty! I am going to the Becoming conference and I can’t wait to hear you speak!!

xo ellie

29. Susan says:

U can always give yourself a day or two off! We would all understand & support you !

30. Sally B says:

Wow, I wouldn’t be able to do all you do…where do you get the energy?

31. Katie says:

thank you for sharing so much creativity and beauty in your home!! I am so curious to know about the beadboard on the front of the tub, what is the material and how did you do it? thank you !!!!

32. Candie says:

I absolutely love the orange flowers!!! Well done. Such a beautiful room!

33. So pretty! A really beautiful job. Love the shower curtain and the pop of orange flowers.

34. Your bathroom is a joy to behold, it really is stunning!

35. Kellene says:

Love the fabric for the curtains. The shelves are decorated so pretty. Inspiring.

36. Laurie from CA says:

WHAT an IMPROVEMENT!!!!

37. Dorthey says:

WOW!!! You are one talented, energetic and fabulous woman. I’m wondering where you hide your super hero custom. I am in awe. Thanks for continuing to share and inspire. May God continue to bless and use your talents for His kingdom.

38. SHERIL COOLEY says:

ABSOLUTELY STRIKING!!! I AM PRAYING FOR ENERGY AND RESTFUL NIGHT WITH DEEP SLEEP! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

39. kate los says:

Love everything, esp. the tiles used inside the tub wall area….and that SHOWER curtain. Is it the same fabric used in your living or dining room? You have the exact same taste I do!
    kate

40. Emily says:

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! You are one talented lady! Thank you for ALL the inspiration you have given me!!!

41. Melody Wright says:

Absolutely beautiful! I just love it! Can hardly wait to see more.

42. What a lovely room!
    Lavender soaps in that jar on the second shelf would add another punch of colour and
    create a divine contrast with that pouf of orange flowers just below.

Paula

43. Sandra says:

I love your designs and redesigns always so beautiful and delight! Can I ask you though as a blogger and now being so popular, is it mandatory that you attend the invitations to all these events? I am looking to start my own blog, but I am afraid of being overwhelmingly busy.

• Oh, no. Since starting my blog four years ago, I’ve only attended three conferences and have never gone to any of the brand-funded events (I’ve never even been invited!) You just say yes to what works for you. :)

44. Brian Turner says:

My wife and I are fans of your work, specifically the redesigns. We thought you did an amazing job with the bathroom and thought the built-in was a great use of space. I have a question about some of your work, would you mind shooting me a quick email? Thanks Marian.

Brian

45. Heidi Lubich says:

Marian, I have been looking at antique dressers
    To possibly turn into a vanity like you did and was wondering
    If you could post a picture of your new vanity and
    What did you place on top of the wood to protect it from
    Water??