Some things are meant to be…

I did sell most of my furniture at Lucketts, but a few pieces didn’t sell.  And that’s okay.

When I decided to sell the chair, I also decided that if the channel back chair didn’t sell the first day, it was coming home with me.  I love it…

DSC_9865 (424x640)

DSC_9868 (424x640)

I also ended up bringing home the farm table.  I was really shocked this piece didn’t sell and I was a bit bummed at first.  I had no idea where I was going to put it.  I thought it was going to be too big for my dining room, but, not having any other place to put it, that’s where it went.  And it works!

DSC_9879 (424x640)

DSC_9880 (424x640)

DSC_9882 (424x640)

I am going to paint the base, though, and maybe have my husband add a routed edge to soften it a bit.  I’m not sure if it’s the table I want to keep forever and ever, but I do like it for now.  The chairs, a Craigslist find I’ll tell you about soon, are also going to be stripped of that maroon paint and get a grain sack treatment on the seats.

And I also brought the small hutch/salesmen sample home.  I didn’t think I had a good spot for it, but I set it on top of my desk in the family room and it’s perfect.

DSC_9894 (424x640)

DSC_9901 (640x424)

DSC_9905 (424x640)

DSC_9909 (424x640)

DSC_9910 (640x424)

DSC_9914 (424x640)

DSC_9913 (424x640)

Some things are meant to be.

Comments

1. MARY EGUIA says:

Marion,you have such a unique look. When I look threw magazines, there is not a look like yours. Yes, antiques ,shabby chic, country but not yours. Such a comforting look. MMS Furnishings!!!! at a store near you. Have a wonderful day.

2. I missed Lucketts this year (the first year in a LONG time), otherwise that little miniature sideboard-thing would be in MY house instead of yours. (If you have a change of heart and want to send it to a new owner, you know how to get hold of me. I can meet you in Lucketts to do the deal … having missed the Market over the weekend, I’m feeling a bit of Lucketts withdrawal coming on.)

3. Janie in Jasper, Ga says:

What happy accidents – all of those pieces were meant to stay with you. They are lovely. You look dynamite in the little Lucketts shot of you. Your face and body have changed since i took your class in Roswell. You are inspiring!

4. Jaime says:

Where is the picture from, of the grassy field and trees? Very pretty, it really stands out where you have it.

5. Barbara says:

The dining table is wonderful. It’s so much more approachable than a formal table. I wish I had gone with something more casual for my formal dining room. But, we know how many dining room tables you’ve had, and this won’t be the last! :) Variety is the spice of life!
    Barbara

6. Amy Jacob says:

Boy I wish I could have made it to Luckets, I would have bought your farm table… ive been looking for one and I love it. Im trying to get my husband to build me one in between his projects :(… may have to rev up some power tools on my own and do it myself..

May I ask how much you were selling it for? (of coarse that will most likely depress me more. :)

7. Your new table looks amazing. I especially love that mini sample hutch! So darling, and it looks perfect on your desk.
    Loved catching up on all the photos of your show. It’s been fun to see all the other bloggers documenting a fun weekend.
    Get some rest- I also wanted to say you are looking great! I can tell that all of your hard work with exercise and food is paying off! ;)

8. Gorgeous, as always! What kind of flowers are on your dining room table? Thanks!

9. Kristen says:

I can’t believe that little hutch didn’t sell…I would have been all over that piece, had I been fortunate to attend Luckett’s…it’s awesome!

10. I love a good farmhouse table! Looks like it was definitley meant to be in your home! All beautiful pieces!

11. Well, if I had been there and had the cash I would have totally bought that little hutch. It is so cute!

12. teresa says:

I love the table in your dr, AS IS. I think the current colour and top keep the room from feeling stale and matched. The green adds something indefinable. I guess it just make me happy looking at it.
    The salesman sample is TOO cute. LOVE. Glad you kept it. Somethings are not easily replaceable. CTD

13. Kathy says:

I too would love to know where you found the serene picture of the grassy field and trees. Love the table! I have one very similar but the base is painted white and chippy. One of my favs.

14. Carla says:

I absolutely love the painting of the cow over the buffet. Was it a rare find or a reproduction, if so, where can i get it?