I was going to write about balancing blogging and life, but doing that would mean staying up past my “bedtime” and not being very balanced, so I thought I would just share a bit about myself. Some random tidbits that might make you laugh or make you feel like we’re long-lost kindred spirits…
- I try to squeeze every little bit of toothpaste out of the tube. If there’s a pea-sized glob left, I will get it out. I don’t think it’s a thrifty thing, because I can be wasteful in other areas. I like to finish things, so I guess it’s a challenge.
- I love the show Survivor and I would totally apply to play if it didn’t involve leaving my family for a couple of a months. I’m sure I would cry a lot, though.
- If I could eat only one thing throughout a day, it would be fresh bread and real butter. I mean, I can put away a baguette. And a stick of butter. (That’s one reason why I’m doing P90x)
- Air conditioning is one of the greatest things ever made. I don’t know how people live(d) without it.
- Some of you may have noticed that I have a nose ring. My mom hates it. My husband gave me permission. I’ve wanted once since college, so I did it. I know it’s not everyone’s thing, but that’s okay.
- Scarves are my security blanket. I like them as a fashion statement, but they feel like something I can hide behind. I think I’ll wear scarves less often once I get leaner with all of the push-ups and pulls-ups I’m doing these days. Finger’s crossed.
- I do not like mushrooms, tomatoes or watermelon. It’s a texture thing. Mushrooms – spongy, chewy, tomatoes & watermelon – grainy and watery. Not liking mushrooms is especially tough as a vegetarian. Everyone wants to serve me a big portabello mushroom for dinner.
- I still have my wisdom teeth and I’m a baby about getting them pulled out. I’ll have my gallbladder removed, but not my wisdom teeth. This goes back to having 12 of my baby teeth extracted when I was in middle school.
- Greece and Austria are tied for the most beautiful places I’ve seen in this world. Acadia is probably a close second.
- I have freakish thumbs. I can bend them back at a perfect 90 degree angle and the joints collapse when I try to open a jar, so I use them folded backwards most of the time. I think I may have passed the freakish thumb thing to my oldest son. He also got my pigeon-toed walk. Poor guy.
There you go. A little randomness about the Marian behind the Miss Mustard Seed. Come on, don’t leave me hanging. Share something random about yourself…