Ruched Shams & Crown Molding

Two more projects are checked off the list.  The first one I finished yesterday was a set of pillow shams.  My editor asked for something Pottery-Barn-ish.  I checked out their site for some ideas and kept coming back to these

Alternate View

source

So, I did a little figuring and came up with these…

DSC_8089 (640x480)

DSC_8088 (640x480)

DSC_8085 (480x640)

DSC_8075 (640x480)

The PB version is $39/sham.  My version costs about $10 for both.  A tutorial will be available soon at HGTV.com.

MMS_Divider

The other tutorial I worked on today was crown molding in the master bedroom…

DSC_8127 (640x424)

It is the perfect finishing touch to the plank ceiling and fabric wall.

DSC_8128 (640x424)

Tomorrow, we’re pulling out the kitchen sink, so I can finish the tile back splash.  Thursday is right around the corner…

Comments

1. I have ruched shams in my master and LOVE them. I found them at home goods years ago. I only bought 2 but could really use a 3rd so I’m looking forward to your tutorial.

Thanks!!!

2. OK so the crown looks awesome so r u going to do a tutorial on that too? i have been wanting to do that for quite sometime and need good help..later sue

3. Marsha says:

The shams are really quite beautiful.
    It adds a certain elegance.
    I too am looking foreward to your tutorial
    Everything is coming together so beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
    Marsha

4. Very nice job on the ruching – that’s tricky!!

5. Rhonda says:

Wow, they are exactly like the ones on Pottery Barn – way to go!

I just received a book I had ordered from Amazon.com. When I received it I was delighted to see that you were the author. I love your web page and I know I am going to love the book.
    Thank you so much for all you do!

6. LOVE those pillows!!!!!!!!

7. Nancy says:

LOVE the pillows! Please give details about the fabrics you used.
    Thanks lots!

8. Love the pillow shams Marian.. That may be the answer to what I need on my guest bed. The molding looks so good too. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

9. I love that look!! It creates just the right amount of texture and a romantic feeling without be frufoo. :)

10. dorothee says:

Love the pillows and your whole house. You are quite an inspiration. Going to one of your TX dealers tomorrow to check out MMS paint

11. I’m so excited for this tutorial !!! I like your version even better than the original

12. Those shams are lovely and you did an amazing job of designing and sewing, looking forward to the tutorial :)

13. Love the look of the fabric topped with the crown molding and plank ceiling. I just finished making a “china wall” with blue and white Italian Blue Spode mounted against an 84″ x 56″ framed square of Napoleonic Blue chalk paint (will be posted on my blog in a day or two). There is just something surprising and breathtaking about blue and white! Keep up the beautiful work.

14. Marian…you nailed those shams!!!…they are gorgeous…and love the molding…you can never have enough molding!!…Beautiful jobs!!….Have a wonderful weekend!

15. Just like that!? You came up with those pillow shams!? You are so totally multitalented! The crown moulding is such a beautiful finishing touch too. Wow… your house is really coming along… must be so fun

Cindy

16. Perfection once again! Your shams are better than PB!!!

17. Your talent amazes me. I must have missed a post where you said you were working for HGTV.com. Congrats!

18. Tracey says:

I’m sorry, I know that ruching is popular, but it looks exactly like the pillow and lining found in a casket!

19. Jordan says:

Looks really good!! :)

I have been looking to buy some rugs lately.. anyone know any sites?
    I’ve heard about Rugman.com? Any experiences there? :)

20. anxious for the tutorial and for $10 for both on the ruched shams – plse send asap!

21. wow is there anything you can’t do? You are soooo talented! Really each time I read your blog I am just amazed at what you can accomplish! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing!
    Best,
    Trudy

22. Jordan says:

More recently I have been looking to buy some rugs.. anyone know any sites?
    I’ve heard about Rugman.com? Any experiences there? :)

23. Karen says:

I can’t tell seem to find your tutorials at hgtv.com. I really want to see how you made the bolster pillow in your master bedroom.

24. I’ll definitely be making a few of these for our bedroom makeover. I saw these awhile back and thought how I wish they came in more colors…now I can just make my own! I’ve been looking for the tutorial on HGTV since you posted this, can you please provide the link when it’s live.

I’ve been wanting to treat myself to your book for awhile and was able to scoop it up at Lifeway with a 30% coupon!

25. Linda Jarraf says:

Love the shams. I hope you post a link for the tutorial.

26. Amy Hoeh says:

Are the tutorials available yet? *I hope. I hope*!!
    They look fantastic. Can you also let us know the type of fabric that was used so that a fairly good version is possible?
    Thanks! Love MMS!!

27. Susan Smith says:

Have been searching the HGTV website for this tutorial. Anxiously waiting! They are so beautiful!

28. Katherine Smith says:

These are gorgeous. I’m so excited to see the tutorial but I’m having a difficult time locating it. Has it been completed? You have done another amazing job at re-creating and making something more affordable. A big Thank you!!!

29. Wendy says:

I’m looking for the tutorial as well – has HGTV not posted? I’m curious to know your thrifty secret!! I’m wanting some king sized shams like this! thank you!!

30. These are in fact fantastic ideas in on the topic of blogging.
    You have touched some pleasant things here. Any way
    keep up wrinting.