Upholstered Chair Reveal

Here she is…

Here she was…

Again, I have nothing against pink, but the pink didn’t work in my home and really wanted to keep these and use them in my family room.  I’ve been on a quest for years to populate my family room with comfy, yet stylish (and budget friendly) chairs and these fit perfectly.  Right chair, wrong color.  So, I stripped her down and gave her a new look.  You can read the very G-rated post about stripping HERE.

I’m so proud of the way this chair turned out.  It’s definitely my best upholstery work to date.  I even put a zipper in cushion.  I know, right?  Fancy.

I trimmed out the fabric with green trim (since I have a lot of blues going on already) and I decided to leave the frame as is.  I sort of like the washed look with a hint of green and it worked well with the fabric.

Check out that piping down the seam.   Honest to goodness upholstery work there!

Of course, it’s not perfect, but I’m still in the post DIY glow that happens when you do a really good job on something and love the result.

I now have to reupholster her twin, so I’m hoping to make some videos to show how I did it and then share it with all of you, of course!  Upholstery can be intimidating, but I’ve learned that if you just focus on one thing at a time, it all works out.

Comments

1. It’s gorgeous!!! I loved the fabric…and it’s even more beautiful gracing the chair. Can’t wait to see your tutorial! Hope your week is extraordinary. {Still hoping to make Chambersburg!)

2. Well done! It is gorgeous. Love the fabric and loved your tutorial! x

3. Alicia says:

Wowsa! I’m so intimidated by doing this I viewed this post with one eye closed. Everything looks wonderful & what a good job you did! (Pat your back!) I’m really impressed with the piping running around the chair. Beautiful job & may you enjoy those chairs for many, many years.

4. LOVE the fabric and also love the chair positioned next to the two toned empire chest with white knobs! Adorable!

5. Grace Johnson says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the frame looks with that fabric! I am jealous!
    Beautiful job!

6. Great job. I look forward to looking at the tutorials. The details are well done.

7. It looks fantastic!!! I love the fabric and I think leaving the frame as is was a really good choice!! This definitely looks like it as done by a pro :)

8. What a fantastic result!!! The world is your oyster now haha. Just ordered your book :D
    Ange x

9. That looks fabulous! And the paint color looks great with the new fabric!

10. Debbie says:

What is the name of the fabric you used? It’s beautiful!

11. Beautiful! I would like to know the name of the fabric too! Pretty please???

12. I too would like the name if the fabric. Thanks!

13. Debbie says:

I love to see the things you do! I also loved the pics of your beautiful sons at the wedding. :-)

14. It is gorgeous! I love the fabric and the colors. You did an awesome job!

15. Marian, it’s gorgeous! As is all your work! What really impresses me is all you get done in order to run a business and keep a family going. Kudos to you for your persistence, dedication and pure talent.

16. Love love love it!!!

17. Susan says:

I love what you did, I was at a fabric warehouse when I saw that fabric. I told myself I would go back and get it for my bedroom. Seeing your chair makes me see how wonderful it will look. Thanks for sharing.

18. Rachel says:

I was wondering if you would share the designer’s name and the print name of the fabric used on this chair?

Trackbacks