Today is THE day!

Today is a big day!  Not only is it election day here in the US, which affects a lot of people, but it’s a big day for me personally.  Today is the official release date of my book, Inspired You.  The book has actually been available for a couple of weeks, but now it’s widely available and the e-book is now available.
 The enhanced e-book will also be available soon through Apple.  The enhanced e-book is more than just the book in an electronic format.  There is a video for each chapter that shares additional tips and ideas.  I think Thomas Nelson also shows more of the pictures I submitted as well.  (I turned in over 500 and I think there are about 250 in the final copy of the book.)

To give you an idea what the videos will be like, here is the Chapter 1 video – How to write neatly on a chalkboard…

If you’d like to buy the book, it is available for purchase at these retailers…

I’m also selling it at Lucketts and some of my Milk Paint retailers are carrying it in their shops.

Thanks for all of the kind comments, reviews and support about my book.  It really has been overwhelming.

I also wanted to share what I was working on today…

Wowee!  I must say, this is the best upholstery job I’ve ever done.  I actually took the entire chair apart and used the pieces from the chair as a template and made decking… the works!  Usually I just staple fabric on in a haphazard way.  It ends up looking good, but it’s definitely not properly done.  I did things the right way and it’s amazing how much easier it was and how awesome it looks.  Go figure.  :)  I did shortcut a few things, but nothing major.  I snapped pictures throughout the process, so I can hopefully walk you through some basics of upholstery.  I’ll try to take some videos when I do the second chair.  (It seems easier to explain things in a video.)  Look for those tutorials soon!

Disclosure: The links to Thomas Nelson and Amazon are affiliate links.

Comments

1. Carrie says:

Congratulations on your book! How exciting!

2. Diane Potenta says:

Congratulations Marion! Love your videos, I am adding your book to the top of my Christmas wish list. You deserve all the great opportunities that come your way.

3. Rebekah says:

My book (your book) arrived today!!! Yea!! It’s 7:53 pm and I’m sure I’ll be up late tonight pouring over every page! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Rebekah says:

It’s 8:14 am and I’ve read the book cover to cover. By the way love the dust jacket (is that what they call it?) – very stylish off the shoulder look :) My take away is this: be a doer of the creating not just a viewer of the inspiration photos; and, if the project is an epic fail, toss it and move forward in patiently and contentedly creating home. Thank you, Marian.

4. Yeahhhhh – today is the day I purchase your book! Can’t wait. I am still hoping to win one, but if I do that will be an awesome first giveaway for my blog, and I can’t wait one more second to get my book ordered! Congratulations Marian, your Mom, Dad, husband and family must be so proud!

5. Can’t wait for those tutorial!

Congrats on the book! How exciting!

6. Denise T says:

How funny! I am working on French wingback at this time. I would love to see the tutorial .Have enjoyed your book .

7. Wendy says:

Congratulations, Marian! I visited the Bella Bungalow store down the street from me in Arlington, WA yesterday. I said, “Oh, you have Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint!” The owner said that you’re coming in March or April for a book signing because you have so many followers in Washington. Yay! Yay! Yay!

8. Congratulations on the new book! It looks like you’ve been having a lot of fun with the whole process. And, seriously, I never new that it was possible to write so neatly on a chalkboard. I’ve had an aversion to them since my elementary school days (way too long ago for sure). I always ended up with the piece of chalk that would break and send my fingernail across the board. Not cool.
    I wish you continued success.

9. Heidi says:

Got my “your” book in the mail yesterday – in Switzerland! Flipped through it a first time; read a few excerpts a first time and had a look at ALL the beautiful photographs a first time! Will spend many more happy times with it in the coming weeks, months and probably years – unless there will be a 2nd “your” book out in the future! Congrats of this wonderful achievement!

10. anita says:

i got your book yesterday. read cover to cover last night, i will slowly read it as time allows. Just like an early christmas present!!!!!!!!!

11. Oh WOW! Congratulations!!! I’ve just shared your post on my P3 Facebook page. Not that everyone hasn’t heard about it already! I’m so happy for you and cannot wait to get my copy. I’ve been Inspired by you for a long time and I’m just so stinkin’ happy for you! Yay!!!

12. Gay Ratheal says:

I bought your book today. YEA. Can’t wait to sit down with it tonight. Barnes and Noble had it on the religion table. Glad I asked if they had it.

13. nancy says:

Already Have your table should I have got the ebook I love this one!

14. I received my book yesterday ~ love it! Not only do I love your decorating ideas and your lovely home, I love that the Lord is the center of your life. Congratulations on the publication of this beautiful book!

15. I bought a copy of your book last night at Barnes and Noble! It is wonderful! My new favorite : ). Congratulations on your success and accomplishment! I obtained a writing degree almost 10 years ago and have always intended to do something similar. I somehow stopped writing once my daughter was born almost 6 years ago…you inspire me to get back into the swing of things. I’ve always loved reading your blog! I’ll spread the word about your book! Can’t wait for the second! ; ) Have a great week! ~Destiny

16. Ashley says:

Im a new follower as of today! NEVER been to your website before but seen your name on Pinterest. Ordered the book and just got it today. Cant wait to read through it. Its the most gorgeous book Ive ever owned. I love that it doesnt have a full glossy jacket bc I hate them and throw them all away immediately. But I think I might keep this half jacket bc its so pretty.

Trackbacks