the world tour!

I’m being a bit facetious with that title.  Or perhaps hopelessly optimistic.  The amazing thing about this blog journey is that it always surprises me.  I think, “Oh, such-and-such would be pretty far-fetched, so it probably won’t happen.”  But then it does in some unexpected and amazing way.  So, will my book end up taking me on a world tour?  Who knows.  Probably not, but I’m getting an updated passport just in case I have the chance to visit our northern neighbors or visit my girls in the UK!

I don’t have a grand book tour scheduled through Thomas Nelson, my publisher.  This is going to be a grassroots “book tour.”  Me coordinating with people who want me to come to their place of business to sign books, teach a workshop, give a seminar, or to fetch coffee and doughnuts or all of the above.  Having never done this before, I’m totally flexible! It’s going to be me driving around in my minivan or flying coach next to my husband who will make sure I get where I need to be on time.  It’s going to be a blast and I’m looking forward to each trip.

I’m in the early stages of getting things nailed down, but I’ll definitely visit the milk paint retailers who are within a reasonable driving distance from central PA.  So far, I’ll be at Lucketts for the Holiday Open House on November 2-3 from 10 am – 5 pm.  I certainly don’t expect to sit and sign books both days all day, so I’ll bring some milk paint to play with as well.

Then I’m just driving down the road from my house to Urban Vintage in Chambersburg, PA on Monday, November 12, from 6-8pm.  On Saturday, November 17, I’ll be at D’Bohemia in Harve de Grace, Maryland to teach a mini-workshop on using Milk Paint from 9-10 am (visit THIS POST for details on attending) and will stay for a book signing from 10:30 – 12:30.  D’Bohemia is having a giveaway to celebrate (paint, a book and some goodies), so click HERE if you want to enter.

Photo via D’Bohemia

I’ll also be heading down to my old stomping grounds in Warrenton, VA to visit The Empty Nest on December 15 from 12 – 2 pm.

I’m currently looking into visiting Florida, California, Texas, Tennessee, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas and more in 2013!  This won’t really be a tour, but more of a here and there thing.  I do have a family and a business that needs attention, so I can’t take off for weeks at a time.  I’ll just work it in when I can.  I’m looking forward to meeting some of you and the retailers who have joined me on this journey.   Seeing some of the US will be quite a nice perk as well!

Just keep an eye on the side bar and my Facebook page for new events!

Comments

1. Yay! Chambersburg is sorta in my neck of the woods. My organic store goes there twice a week to pick up fresh raw milk so I know it’s nearby. On my way to Google maps and my calendar!! It will be a privilege to meet you! Blessings!!

2. As long as you are going through Tennessee to Florida, it would be my honor to have you stop by and stay with me in Atlanta, GA. Nicole Flint is also here! I would truly love to have you as my guest!!

3. Would love to see if you come to Massachusetts. I absolutely loved your book. Read it in two days – which says a lot as I’ve been finding it hard to find time to finish the last two book club books. It is such a beautiful and thoughtful book.

4. Deann says:

umm, I do believe western NY is welllll within driving distance from central PA – please, please, please come to The Purple Painted Lady !!!

5. I would love for you to be our guest book signer in my store in Orlando. Call if you are interested. Beth Nolen interiors. 407 4207939. Hope to hear from you

6. Mary Borgsmiller says:

Please come to Missouri . No stores near me sell your milk paint, but I did order it from red posie in St. Charles, MO.

7. I would love for you to visit East Palestine Ohio for my store opening. We open Dec 1. I would also love to sell your products. I bought your book Saturday night and cannot put it down. Your work is full of spirit, faith and honesty. A pleasant reading and can’t wait to share it at book club. Carolyn.

8. Hello Marian,

Thrilled to play host to you on Dec 15th!!!!! Christmas and Miss Mustard Seed all in the same month…WOOHOO!!!! Calling all the Va..W. V and N.C bloggers and readers..come join Marian and me in Old Town Warenton!!!

Janet xox
    The Empty Nest
    92 Main Street Suite 102
    Warrenton ,Va
    540-216-3044

9. Marian,

I sure hope that “California” means a trip through Los Angeles, or some place near to us here in L.A.! I really really really want you to sign my book, and to meet you in person. Will wait patiently and check your blog as I normally do and keep my greedy little fingers crossed that you come see us here in So Cal!

Best,

Kimberly

10. Where in Kansas? I’m hoping the Overland Park store…that’s only an hour from me so I can meet you! I’ll be on the look out for info!

11. Come to Texas please!!! Of course it is a big state..and a long drive anywhere you go in Texas but it would be great to have you close and pay a visit somewhere. Congrats on the book..its on the Christmas list.

12. Kris Fisher says:

Good for you!! God bless you and keep you safe & sane on your journeys.

13. Whoeeeeeeeeee!!!! Congratulations (AGAIN!)!!! I’m so thrilled for you and eager to get my hands on your book! I’ll try for Lucketts if possible. Guess you’ll be too big a rock star to find time to stop in here but please know we’d love to have you and your family anytime. Right now we’re battened down with all critters tucked in snug. (Yes, still very busy w/horse biz) Praying hard for all in Sandy’s path. Hope you and yours are cozy n dry!
    xoxo
    Leslie

14. Stephanie Hobson says:

Texas FTW!!!! Specifically McKinney. Would love to meet you, and you would enjoy our town.

15. Ashley says:

Any chance you can pop on up to WA while you’re visiting CA? Thanks for always inspiring…your book is on my Christmas wishlist :)

16. see you Friday!

17. Kansas, yea!

18. Hey! If you’re going to be on the west coast, come to Oregon!!! Visit Aunt Bee’s House (your OR retailer!) if you come in early February, you could also go to Junk Salvation in Portland! :)

19. Goedele says:

I ordered the book on Amazon Uk, to have it shipped to Belgium, so who knows… Maybe we’ll meet you here one day!

Goedele

20. Hopefully the visit to Tn. will include Memphis, or especially Collierville..I am not too far fom either…Enjoy the traveling….thanks..k

21. I have just ordered your book through amazon and I am waiting for it to arrive…would love for you to come visit but i think Collie, Western Australia is just a little bit too far to come!!

22. That sounds awesome!!! Surely you will make your way to somewhere near Atlanta!

23. Went to Barnes & Nobels and picked up my copy that they were holding for me last Friday. Started reading and I love it. All the great pictures and how-to-information. Hope you will be coming to Greensboro, NC for a book signing.

24. Sue Pagels says:

NW Indiana is pretty cool – 60 miles east of Chicago and right on Lake Michigan – which is churing right now with 15 – 22 foot waves crashing into our lighthouse compliments of Sandy. Hope all are safe on the East Coast – our thoughts are with you. Anyhooo….consider IN as one of your stops! I have your book and am about 1/2 way thru. VERY JEALOUS that I don’t have a signed one…. :(

25. I cannot wait to meet you at Urban Vintage….. I have been employed to provide the baked goods! What is a favorite of yours???? Oh and I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED TO MEET YOU!!!

26. Sarah says:

What parts of CA and AR?! I have family in both and if possible might send someone to get your autograph. :) Too bad you aren’t coming to WA!

27. You know I would love to have you do book signing at my shop in Georgia! Susan McMullen is a gracious hostess and would be a fabulous place to stay in Georgia :) So excited for you!!!

28. Ooh, ooh you said Kansas in that list! I’m so going to that one!! Can’t wait! Hava a blast with all your engagements!!

29. Paula Jolly says:

PLEASE come to Memphis! Booksellers at the Laurelwood shopping Center would be awesome!! :)

30. Hi Marian,
    I sent you a private message. We would love to have you at our Spring Market in Zionsville Indiana!

31. I’ll see YOU in Kansas MMS! looking forward to it!

32. Hey MMS — how about a trip across the border to Toronto – home of your homestead paint company?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada would welcome MMS with open arms!!

33. San Diego is calling you :) You and your family have a place to stay, I mean don’t you want to visit your music sheet dresser? It’s desperately missing you. I seriously was hoping that your publisher was galavanting you all over the states and that CA was on the list. I hear Disneyland is pretty awesome {wink, wink} and only and hours drive from here.

34. Uhhhhh…. maybe, if you’re anywhere near the area in NC, you should come to my friends shop in Hillsborough, NC and do a book signing! I sell my paintings there…
    she’d die and go to heaven if you came, and her shop is so cute! Just something to think about. There is the little antique mall a few miles down the road that is carrying your milk paint… you could maybe sign there too… i don’t know, just something to think about!
    I do her blog for her – getting ready to do a post tonight in fact, she has lots of Frenchy chairs in right now, it’d be so fun to see what you would do with them with your eye and your hands!

Cindy

35. Emily says:

Please please come to Florida! Mount Dora would love to have you – or I’d even drive into Orlando!

36. Hiya very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .
    . I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally? I’m satisfied to
    find so many helpful information here in the submit, we need develop extra techniques in this regard,
    thanks for sharing. . . . . .