shop & shop for inspiration

I know that Lucketts isn’t a chain store, so unless you live within a comfortable driving distance of the DC metro area, you probably weren’t able to make it to the October Design House.  Well, if not, you can check out some of the items featured in that beautifully decorated farmhouse at Shop Lucketts.  I have only bought a few small things from the Design House, but I go in for a look anytime I can.  Why?  Because there is so much inspiration packed in one place.  That has translated to the online shop as well.

Suzanne and Amy picked out these lights for their cool industrial quality.  You can use this idea to create your own fixtures out of an old fry basket or antique egg basket and a kit for a hardware store.

I think this cloche set is an awesome piece, but as an alternative, you could scour thrift stores for stray cheese domes to perch over tiny pumpkins.

It’s the time of year when a lot of entertaining happens and it’s fun to have new pieces for your table.  Try adding in a statement piece like this runner…

…and mix it with some inexpensive white dinnerware from a discount store.

…or create a paper version of these mats with brown paper and a stencil.

My point is that Shop Lucketts is not only a great place to shop for beautiful things for you home, but also a great place to shop for inspiration.  Check out the Lucketts latest for their newest additions.

Also, if you are within a comfortable driving distance from Lucketts, I would strongly suggest trying to make the trip for the Holiday Open House November 2-4, 2013 from 10am to 5pm daily at 42350 Lucketts Road in Leesburg, VA.  The shop, grounds and design house are decked out for the holidays and amazing finds, budget-friendly bargains, one of a kind antiques and inspiration will all be found in droves.  There will also be some fun “side acts” like a book signing by yours truly (which is a first for me and will be a little awkward, I must admit), some good food and more.  Come if you can!

Disclosure: I am a vendor at the Lucketts Store and have partnered with them to promote Shop Lucketts.  It’s a pleasure to support them as they have supported me.

Comments

1. Kelly says:

Which day will you be there for your book signing? And will I be able to purchase your book as welll while there?

My husband is letting me go ALONE for a day to Lucketts and I need to know which day I should go!! :)

Kelly xo

2. Tracey says:

Is it just me?…I can’t understand how those glaring light bulbs could be comfortable to live with. I know those kinds of fixtures are popular and quite lovely, but I think they’d be blinding…Am I wrong? :-)

• Tracey says:

If you use the Edison bulbs they have a nice, warm glow – not glaring at all. Although they are a bit dim to do any tasks by.

• I have a clear vintage inspired dome light and I use an edison bulb and I LOVE it. It is bright enough to read by or even work by if you have it over your work station. Several would light a room very well. And the warm glow is just amazing.

• It’s helpful if you have your kitchen lights on a dimmer – that’s what we have all throughout our home.

3. Denise T says:

Will be at Lucketts soon and want to be there for book signing as well.

4. Becky D says:

Oh, how I wish I was in the area close enough to visit Lucketts! Especially for the open house – I would love that! And I would also love to be there for your book signing! Sigh… Thanks for showing these great ideas! I always look at the amazing things that Lucketts carries and wish I had the money to do some shopping there, but never really thought about using the site as inspiration for something I might be able to find here. Don’t know why that never occurred to me. Thanks so much for the great ideas! Good luck with your book signing and don’t be nervous – we all love you!

5. Maybee's Mom says:

Love that look of the cage lighting….had several in our barn…..they had a reflecting thing on the backside…..but, not the softest lighting I have ever seen….but I like the look…….for now….in 12 months it will be something else….Love your thoughts …K

6. Oh darn, I made the trip this weekend and visited Lucketts (and my daughter in Ashburn). I stocked up on milk paint, now I can’t wait to try it. Hopefully I’ll be painitng next weekend!

7. i would love to come to Lucketts open house. We have plans that weekend already – is it always the first weekend in November?

8. as always–hands down these types of stores win……my favorite things are not from big box or chain stores. I like items with patina or just plain special!
    xo
    kara

9. Teresa Freeman says:

Which day will you be there? I would love to get my copy of your book autographed. Plus it would just be really cool to meet you. You have been such an inspiration to me To us all!!!

10. I love how you think outside the box! I love the idea of using a cheese dome and a pretty plate. Which reminds me that I have a beautiful bell cloche and it would look so pretty on my table with a little pumpkin! Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming!

11. devan says:

I just picked up a few old metal funnels for this kind of project. I have two different sizes so far and im looking for a third one. The plan is to create pendant lights above my kitchen sink. The original idea was for an old colander but the space is not deep enough. Just love repurposing old stuff into new ideas. Wish I could visit Lucketts but its a heck of a drive from Colorado.

12. Melanie says:

Glass candle holders from “Home Interiors” wall sconces make adorable mini cloches, whether placing (inverted) on a candle stick/plate combination or just a pretty little saucer. Underneath you can place tiny little nests with eggs, feathers, seashells and moss. I have some cute ideas for Christmas and winter scenes as well. The possibilities are endless! I love your blog, MMS!

• Pat Peele says:

My(your book)copy came today!,!!!!! I have been through it once already, just getting the flavors!!!!
      wOW WOW so much inspiration and goodness. God put you where he needed you to be . The words flow beautifully! There’s feeling you wrote to me
      ,wish I knew how to get one signed by you.
      Wishing you and your family the best on your new journey

13. Lorretta from NH says:

Just had to let you know that my book (actually YOUR book) finaly arrived this morning. I am so enxious to be able to sit with a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea (it’s cold here now) and devour it! Instead I’m off to a rug hooking class in an hour that will last for three days. The anticipation of it waiting for me will get me through. You’re the best! PS don’t let off comments get to you. You have so much to offer us and you so willingly share it for FREE which has always been a blessing as far as I am concerned…a great big THANK YOU for that!!

14. I have several similar lights “pinned” but have yet to get around to actually making one. I love, love, LURVE them!

15. I finally made it to Lucketts for the first time Saturday!! I live in Southwest Virginia but was visiting my daughter in NoVa so we made the trek out. It was definitely worth it and I will come back the next time I visit her. The only problem that day was that we had been to two barn sales and I had already spent my self appointed limit. ;) Loved Lucketts though!! :) Your space looked great too!! :)