“smile while vacuuming”

When I was a baby blogger and companies started sending me products to review, my mom said, “You should tell them you have an acting background and you’ll do commercials for them.  You can even sing their jingles!”  Ha, okay mom.  My acting days are years behind me and I’m okay with pecking away at my computer and shuffling furniture around in paint-splattered clothes.  I never pursued it.  Well, a couple of months ago, I received an e-mail from Oreck asking if I would like to be involved in their advertising campaign for the new VersaVac.  I think the product is so clever, so I agreed to give it a try.  I sent in a demo tape and just a few weeks later fives guys and a lot of gear came to my house to shoot a commercial.

It’s a good thing I’m totally used to moving furniture around!

I did a lot of talking, which I have no problem doing…  My 2nd grade nickname came to mind – Marian Motor Mouth.

And I worked on smiling and being energetic while vacuuming and steaming and vacuuming again in skinny jeans and lipstick.

It was such a blast.  AND I learned that I can shoot 1080p video with my Nikon D7000.  Duh!  I knew it shot video, but I didn’t know that pros used DSLRs to shoot commercials and TV shows.  I love learning new things and have already shot several videos with my camera.  The quality is great.  Anyway, the commercials will be showing nationwide on major cable networks.  You never know what will happen when you start a blog!

PS – This is NOT a paid post.  It was a fun experience and I just wanted to share.

PPS – Oreck did NOT ask me to sing their jingle.

Comments

1. Rondell says:

Congrats to you!!! I’ll so be watching for you!

2. Meg Dee says:

That’s so awesome! Does the sign above the bench with hook just say tourists?

3. Cute post, so happy for you. Is there any company that doesn’t want to work with MMS?!? :)

4. Karen says:

Congrats on the commercial… I will be watching for it!! Just bought the Flea Market Style Mag you are in while grocery shopping at Schnucks! Great article!!

5. Cathy says:

I have wood floors in my kitchen that are next to carpet. I think this machine would make cleaning so much easier. I already love their cleaner that does wood floors. Thank you for the opportunity.

6. haha, my nickname was magpie (little bird that won’t shut up…). Can’t wait to see the commercial :)

7. Tracey says:

Love shooting video with my D90!

8. AHhh that is so cool! I can’t wait to see your commercial! I love Oreck products!

9. I love it! Marian Motor Mouth….I had trouble in school keeping my mouth shut too! I had to stand in the corner in 4th grade for talking too much. I get paid to talk now….teaching health, human growth and development, abstinence, STD,HIV. Oh my, I would have never dreamed this nurse could teach.Ha! The Lord has plans for you! We will be watching and cheering you on. I own an Oreck!

10. Margaret says:

I am so glad that you told us you are in the Oreck commercial, as I’d be hitting my head saying, “I know this gal from SOMEWHERE…”

11. Sarah Clark says:

Marian, it is so much fun to see the Lord open doors, stretch you and place you where you thought you would never go. Enjoy the journey. He always has a purpose. I will be watching for the commercial.

12. Denise T says:

Saw the post title – it already made me smile!!! I will be watching the commerical . Went to Lucketts yesterday and enjoyed it so much. Bought ironstone milk paint, hemp oil, and glitter. Saw ironstone bowl but I was not sure if it was for sale . Want to buy milk paints in different colors. I realize I am fond of blue ones. The yellow one too.

13. Can’t wait to see your commercial! x

14. Cassie Hawkinson says:

I love the idea of quick shifting attachments! What a splendid piece of equipment!

15. Theresa says:

Wowzers, I am amazed by all the great things coming your way. Your mustard seed is becoming a tree!!!

16. Jeanne says:

Boo Oreck! I wanted to hear you jingle! :)

17. You are officially famous now! Not only blogland and design and Luckett’s famous (which you have been for a while now), but TV famous. Yay you! I cannot wait to see your commercial. I think you’d make a great spokesperson for the brand because you are cute as a button and, most importantly, REAL!

Congratulations!

Kimberly

18. Awesome! I just found your blog & am in love! I am a baby blogger myself, so this was really inspiring. Can’t wait to see the commercial! Congratulations!

19. Wow! What an amazing experience. I hope I get the opportunity to see it. Congrats!

20. omgoodness that is soo cool! I’ll be looking for your video!