Hemp Oil Video Tutorial

I’m still working on all of my video tutorials for the Milk Paint website.  Actually, this will be an ongoing project as I share new techniques and creative ways to use Milk Paint and the companion products, but I’m getting ahead of myself.  Today I’m sharing about Hemp Oil, the top coat sold with my line as an alternative to wax.

So, what is Hemp Oil?  It’s an all natural oil that contains no VOCs and no petrochemicals.  It can be used on raw wood to seal and protect it, on old wood to revive it or on porous painted surfaces as a topcoat.  I used it on the interiors of the drawers on my Linen dresser…

It’s so easy to apply.  You just dampen a clean cloth with the hemp oil and rub it on.  That’s it.  You don’t have to worry about streaks or brushstrokes or buffing or anything like that.  Just wipe away any excess oil sitting on the surface.  It does need about 30 days to fully cure, so it may feel slightly oily to the touch during that time.  It’s a great topcoat to use for porous surfaces because it absorbs into the paint/wood, creating a very durable finish.  It’s also okay to use on cutting boards and wood counters.

Here’s the video tutorial showing how to use it…

So, when would you want to use Hemp Oil instead of wax?  It’s great for raw wood applications and when you’re using milk paint over raw wood.  You can use wax in those instances as well, but Hemp Oil’s a nice alternative.  I love the warmth it brings out in raw wood and it does a fantastic job reviving dry and tired-looking wood.  It’s also a great option if you’re sensitive to the chemicals in waxes and poly or you’ve struggled with applying wax properly.

More tutorials to come (and I just found the perfect dresser at a yard sale to use to introduce my final color – Boxwood.)

Comments

1. I love your video tutorials. I had never heard of hemp oil. It sounds easy to work with. Looking forward to seeing Boxwood.

2. I enjoy your tutorials! I haven’t used Hemp oil and can’t wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

3. Larissa says:

Does milk paint not work as well with raw wood?

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

No, Milk Paint is one of the best paints for raw wood. It soaks into the grain, so it won’t chippy or flake with time. For this reason you also don’t need a primer.

4. mary eguia says:

I’m waiting for the NEXT shipment of your paint to Robyn Story Designs in Tampa!

5. Hi Marian, thanks so much for the tutorial. I love all the ones you’re doing. Does the hemp oil take 30 days to cure on wood? Also, do you bring stuff to Luckett’s while it is still curing or do you wait until it is completely cured.

6. Julia says:

You are awesome!! I really really need this wax! I’m super sensitive to chemicals and want to milk paint my dining room table and need to coat it in something to protect it! Is there any way of purchasing it and having it shipped?

7. Enjoyed the video, Marian. Great tutorial! Really does look easy to use!

8. polly says:

Could you use the hemp oil over chalk paint with the dark wax versus using the 2 coats clear wax?

9. Does this oil work over chalk paint on raw wood? I can’t wait to try your paint but I have yet to find a local shop that sells it.

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

Yes, it would work well on chalk paint or flat latex/acrylic paint since they’re porous.

10. I bought some hemp oil last week at Lucketts, this tutorial was at the right time! Thanks Marian!

11. Thanks so much for the tutoral for the Hemp Oil. I am going to get some today, so I can finish a project I am working on. Your are awesome. :)

12. Teressa Pierce says:

I enjoy your website so much! Where is your closest distributor to me? I am in Greensboro NC. Can it be purchased online by anyone? I would love to try your paint and your Hemp Oil.

13. Great video. Really cleared up my questions about when to use the oil.

14. Actually used your hemp oil today. Great product!

15. Haha! I make natural bath and body products and also use Hemp Oil :) It’s amazing stuff!

16. hpotter says:

I just finished making a distressed black indoor entry way bench with white peaking through. I used BM DTM for the black. I plan to put a white vinyl word across the backrest . What would you use as a top coat? I was going to use a poly but am interested in your wax, can I use it over a DTM or is it to plasticy.
    I also have a found dresser to give some TLC too, it has a pecan color currently and the top is warn. If the finish is partly warn can you just wax on? Or do I need to restore the color/ strip first? Was thinking of using Generals Gel Stain over the existing finish on the body to darken it and then MMS tricycle for a chippy finish with wax over that. Any warnings you would give?

17. will the hemp oil seal the raw wood? I have a great dresser that I can’t seem to de-smellify (yep, totally made that word up). I’m wondering if sealing the wood with something will do the trick.

• I forget who shared this great tip, but it really works. Vinegar and water in spray bottle and spray the stinky wood. Works wonderfully…. and I am so pleased I can use some pieces that I thought would never be useable.

18. Would this work over top of wax?

19. So if you do use it over an already stained/painted surface that you then paint with milk paint, does that mean that it won’t be quite as durable of a finish, or will it not look as nice as using a wax? Can you use this hemp oil as a top coat for chalk paint as well? Thanks :)

20. Is this like Tung oil?

21. Questions answered! Thanks for this. Wish we had a before and after close up.

22. Hi Marian, have all your initial vendors received the milk paint yet? I pre-ordered from a vendor on-line and she says she hasn’t received yet…is this still possible? Looking forward to getting my hands on it and trying to be patient!!

• Yes, that’s right. Not all of the retailers have received the paint yet. In fact, MOST of them have not. We did not do a coordinated launch, but instead decided to get the paint out as soon as possible to as many as possible. Your retailer will send the paint out as soon as possible. :)

23. Denise T says:

I am back to my home. My father passed away, but he is in a better place. Miss him though. Want to thank you for the tips on raw wood. Will go to Lucketts to buy milk paint and hemp oil for wall plate holder. This will be my first project. Then will move on to some pieces of furniture. I am looking forward to enjoying the projects.

24. Hello,
    I’m wondering how this would compare with linseed oil? The products should be quite similar. I’m going to Great Walls Supply’s workshop in a couple of days–excited!

25. Hello. I am wondering if the Hemp oil could be used as a top coat over glaze to protect the glazed finish from rubbing off?

26. Kate Hannish says:

Hello,

I am Kate Hannish, i was diagonose with Cancer of the kidney and was

told by my Doctor that the Virus was in the last stage.

My Doctor told me that i had few months to leave, but he said because of the

love he had for me he told me about the Hemp Oil and said it is going to go a

long was saving my life from this cancer and He introduce me to Doctor

Nathan Kisper and said he would be able to get me the Hemp oil wherever i

need it.

I contact him and he delivered the oil to me in Canada and after three Month

of taking the Treatment there has been rapid improvement in my Cure and

my Doctor said is no time the Cancer will be Gone. for all that has Cancer and

don’t no what to do about it. Kindly Contact Doctor Nathan Kisper:

[email protected] and see to your Healthy/Cancer Problems solved.

Kate Hannish
    Canada

• Hi kate I hope you don’t mind me asking . Did you send the money through dr Nathan kasper . And then you got your oil. And how much was it. Did he do all he said . My problem is that i have fell out with my child’s mother because i tried to get the oil before and lost money my child has a tumor .Im not with my child or her mother because of this and i Know i don’t have much time we have been through this three times already. I cant ask you to do Anny moor then ,let me know that all your dealings went smooth all my love john

27. Hi Marian, love everything you do and really appreciate that you share your talent with all of us. I have a question that I’ve not been able to find the answer to. The dresser I have was stripped of its finish probably 40 years ago. I’d like to paint it (milk paint of course), but I’m wondering if I should condition the wood first. If I were to use hemp oil would there be problems getting milk paint to adhere to it? Thanks for your time.

28. I am so excited to see that the Umbrella Bird has been accepted to sell MMSMP! They will be the closest distributor to me. I ordered samples from aliceandjay.com but am still awaiting their arrival.Hoping to visit The Umbrella Bird as soon as they are stocked up. Do you now if they will be selling your paint online as well?

Super excited since I am a beginner with pieces stacking up! Yes, I have 7-8 old windows, a piano bench, a telephone table, an armoire, a cradle, a twin bed, and a sideboard all waiting for MMSMP!! Not to mention things for my house, like our dining room chairs that need a makeover badly.
    Thanks!
    Bev at diygranny.blogspot.com

29. medical says:

Hello everyone and how we doing, i would like to inform most serious cancer patients that i have a source to cure different kind of cancer with medical grade hemp oil because the hemp oil only will not cure cancer without RSO treatment control and no fees are requested before meeting my source. for further details. come to England:..[email protected]

30. Annie says:

HI, I have some out of date hemp seed oil. Can I use this for my wood at home? Or does the oil have to be treated first? Thank you and I love your website…Beautiful :)

31. how i cured my cancer with hemp oil says:

hello

this is to testify to everyone who is suffering from any kind of cancer should contact Dr Smith for the cure of cancer with hemp oil, my cancer was cure with hemp oil that was supply by Dr Smith you can reach him on his email for the supply of hemp oil to cure any kind of cancer on his ([email protected])

how i cured my cancer with hemp oil

32. When I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments
    are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive four emails
    with the same comment. There has to be a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Kudos!

33. Cristy Jordan says:

My Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was at the point of death with cancer of the Breast in it final stage is now back alive and she is so healthy now. Thanks to Rick Simpson cannabis oil that we bought at: [email protected], the Hemp oil was successfully used in curing my mother in-law breast cancer within 3 months as stated in phoenix tear.
    Once again i want to thank Rick for his wonderful Hemp Oil we are now happy family with my mother in-law back alive, strong and healthy.
    you can contact for your medication at: [email protected].
    Cristy Jordan

34. Stella says:

thanks doctor, i got your oil as you promised and i have been applying it on my son as you instructed. but one thing i noticed about the oil is that after each application my son feel calm and relaxed and lately he eat little grain of rice compared to then when he totally lost his appietite for food, i and my entire family are very grateful for all you have done so far for us in the past three weeks since we came in contact with you’ for help and advice you can reach doctor Agbani on his email address: [email protected]

35. Daniel says:

My Mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was at the point of death, with cancer of the Breast in it final stage is now back alive and she is so healthy now. Thanks to Rick Simpson cannabis oil that we bought a: [email protected], the Hemp oil was successfully used in curing my mother in-law breast cancer within 3 months as stated in phoenix tear.

you can contact for your medication at: [email protected]

36. lillian says:
  37. Kim Pelka says:

Four years ago I was diagnosed of diabetes, as if the pains of diabetes wasn’t bad enough Last year I was also diagnosed of cancer which was more critical in my case because of the diabetes which I already had. It was as if my world had come to an end cause the doctor told me that it was only by the grace of the almighty that I was alive to receive their diagnosis.

As usual I was given few weeks to live but the pains I went through made each day feel like my last and I was so scared cause I wasn’t ready to leave this world yet, I had a lot of things that I wanted to do that I hadn’t done yet and I knew the almighty wouldn’t call on me before I started my mission on earth.

My little niece told me about Rick Simpson cannabis oil when she came visiting, she told me she heard her friend’s mom talking about it and she persuaded me to look it up, I watched some of his videos and read some comments online and I was pleased with what I saw so I gave him a call (+447031996738)and sent him an email ([email protected] ) We talked and I was convinced that he was my ticket to my new dawn.

I purchased the oil and I have being following the prescription that I was given for the past two months and there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived, energized and rejuvenated.

Kim from LA

Trackbacks

1. […] her online video tutorial about using Hemp Oil Wood Finish, Miss Mustard Seed says one to three coats of the product will […]