Patience is a virtue…

…and I know I’m really testing it!  I’ve been getting a lot of “will you just sell the milk paint to me already” kind of e-mails and comments over the last couple of weeks.  Here’s is why it’s taking so long…  I thought it was just going to be ME selling the paint at Lucketts and online.  I thought maybe we would bring a few retailers on board after I had some proven success.  It turns out that a lot of people want to join me on this journey, so I started with 15 retailers and then we just kept adding more until now we’re up to over 80 retailers and we have about 150 on hold until we’re ready to bring on more.

That doesn’t sound like too big of a deal, but when you consider that it’s just a few people putting all of this together, it’s a TON of work. When you start multiplying everything by 80, the numbers get big quickly.   It takes a lot of time to have thousands of labels printed, shipped and then applied to products.  We weren’t expecting this much volume and we weren’t expecting things to take as long as they have.  So, with all of that said, please be patient with me and Homestead House and my retailers who have offered pre sales.  We’re all doing everything we can to get the paint to you ASAP.

Also, I’m not showing the paint colors to torture anyone.  :)  I just want to have physical examples of each color, so customers and potential customers can have a better sense of how they look on a piece.

Plus, painting furniture is also what I do, so I have a hard time NOT doing it! Introducing the colors has just been another push for me to stretch my style and creativity.

The retailer’s orders will start shipping in about two weeks, so you won’t have to wait much longer.  Patience…

Comments

1. WE GOT YOUR BACK!! WAITING PATIENTLY IN SOUTHERN PINES, NC.

2. Please don’t be pressured my friend…this is a HUGE undertaking and should NOT be rushed. People will wait…trust me.

Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

3. Gail Myers says:

How can I get on the list to become a retailer?

• I was wondering the same thing. I can understand you’re REALLY busy. Just want to get on the list. Also I want to try the paint. Thanks!!!

4. Hope there is going to be a retailer in rochester ny. all my best to you in your new journey!

5. Isn’t God amazing!!!

6. Do you have a retailer for Birmingham, AL? I will be first in line if you do! Also, I am so in love with your cow painting. I visited the etsy shop, but it’s *a little* out of my price range. Do you offer it as a print? Seriously, in some form, she must come live at my house. Thanks!

7. Business woman of the year I think & if anyone deserves a medal it’s you.
    I just bought my first tin of Annie Sloan paint (Scotland UK) and have converted an old vintage retail unit which used to house ladies stockings & undergarments into a bright and lovely bathroom unit to hold all our Bits-N-Bobs. I love it and it’s all down to you, it’s my birthday soon and my girls are getting me an Annie Sloan masterclass as a gift – How cool is that. Keep up the good work and a very big thank you. Mary x

8. Cynthia Smith says:

I am more than willing to keep waiting. Typewriter is exactly what I want for my 2 chairs in the livingroom. I am so happy for your success — it is well deserved. I can’t imagine how overwhelming all of this is, but I do hope you are able to enjoy the process as well.

9. I love milk paint and am so looking forward to your beautiful colors – I have a magazine rack that is dying for Kitchen Scale :)

Like another commenter said, keep swimming – and I am so glad you are getting some help!

It will be worth the wait, I am sure!

Sue

10. Kathleen says:

Do you have a list of retailers available? Just curious if there will be one in the Southern Oregon area!

11. Jeanette Shaw says:

Waiting very patiently in California!

12. Hi Marian,
    I was raised that anything worth dong is worth doing well. Take all the time you need, even though everyone is very anxious. People just need to be patient. Anyone who has ever owned their own business will completely understand about the work. If I lived close to you I would offer to come and help with anything needed, like putting labels on boxes or whatever you needed.

13. kathleen says:

Although Phoenix, AZ in not a mecca of shabby chic-ness, I hope you have someone selling your paint here. I buy my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at a cute shop in Gilbert and I bet she’d be very excited to carry your line too. I saw your FFF this week and one of your picks used Tricycle Red on a dresser, it’s gorgeous. I have the piece of furniture, now I need the paint.

14. Donna says:

Such lovely colors & such a huge & exciting undertaking! So sweet of you to take the time to update everyone in the midst of it all ~ I honestly don’t know how you do it!

15. Hi,

You must be overwhelmed! BUT, I would love to be put on the list for retailers for your product. I have a lot of patience! And I will keep trying after things have settled down.

Zoey’s Home Consignments
    3566 S. Higuera St.
    Suite 100
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    93401
    805-596-0288

Thanks!
    Marie

16. elaina says:

are you kidding me?! 80 retailers is a REALLY big deal, and wonderful! just take your time and do it right. we’ll wait~

17. I am so excited to get my shipment of MMS milk paint. I know it will be worth the wait! I would also love to find out how I can be on the waiting list to wholesale this product that I am sure will be just amazing.

18. Hello
    Please add me to your list of potential retailers, here’s my contact info

A Whole New Light
    328 Rt 40 (UPS shpping)
    Elmer, NJ 08318

USPS: PO Box 67
    Elmer, NJ 08318
    856-358-1127

19. Saw you on betsey speeret’s blog. With your milk paint do you have to remove ;polyurethene finish first?

thanks fran

20. Cheri Cosentino says:

Hi there, I would also like to be added to the retailers list – out of SC

21. Laura Cover says:

Hi there I would like to sell this paint ! Could someone get in touch with me….
    Thanks and many blessings
    Laura Cover

22. Kim Whitley-Gaynor says:

Do you have any dealers in the East Texas area? If so, I am interested.

I am also interested in knowing what the paint will retail for.

Thanks!

Kim

23. Terryk says:

I LOVE the stencil work on that yellow piece. Do you have a source?