I needed Faith

I had a little idea a few months ago. It was just an idea to have milk paint colors I loved in cute packaging.  I kicked that idea over to Homestead House Paint Co. and they thought it sounded like a good idea.  Well, I announced this little idea on my blog and it has exploded!  We’re about to launch the paint line with 80 retailers around the US and a few in Canada and one in the UK.  Plus we have about 150 potential retailers who have sent inquiries.  All of this is awesome and terrifying and overwhelming and exciting and it’s finally pushed me to hire someone to help me.  (It’s about time, I know!)

Meet Faith, my new Business Manager…

How perfect is it that her name is Faith?  If you aren’t aware, Miss Mustard Seed is a reference to a verse in the Bible about faith.  She’s worked with us for a few months in the youth group (my husband is a youth pastor) and one night she mentioned that she and her husband had been praying for a job she could do from home.  It so happens that I had been praying for someone to help me.  Amazing.  (Why am I surprised when prayers are answered?!)  A few weeks ago, Faith started working for me to help manage my milk paint retailers, blog sponsors and to keep me straight.

A few things about Faith…

She was very appropriately named.  Her 1 1/2 year old girl was born with a heart defect and had to have open heart surgery when she was just a few days old.  Faith’s faith during that time was a great testimony.

She is one of the most genuinely nice people I know.  I’ve never heard her say one gossipy, not-nice thing about anyone.

If you’re playing ultimate football, you want her on your team.

With a nose ring, tongue ring and small gauges in her ears, she’s a little funky, but all class.

She’s been doing an amazing job and I’m sure you’ll hear more about her in future posts.

One project we’re working on right now is packaging and mailing out 20,000 Milk Paint color cards.  I had no idea what 20,000 color cards looked like until they were dropped on my doorstep in 17 boxes (poor UPS guy!)

My parents and husband helped me band them into packs of 50 this afternoon to get them ready to ship out to retailers this week.  Faith’s working on the labels and my dad’s going to help me with the shipping.

It’s still all overwhelming and exciting and terrifying and seems so beyond me, but I’m not in it alone and that makes a big difference.   With my family, Faith and faith…

mountains will be moved!

Comments

1. You have always had much “faith” in your life…now God has given you more faith…in the human form…She was sent to you as a gift from above….I am so happy that you are realizing your dreams…Just took a little “faith”

2. I’ve been wanting to try milk paint and now I have a good reason to buy it! God bless you and Faith!!

3. Awesome! God always provides and in His perfect timing. Congratulations to you and to Faith! This is so exciting and you are so deserving. Very happy that you have Faith/faith to help you out….in more ways than one. :)

Pat

4. Karen Stuart says:

Hi MMS,

That was a great post, and one that brightened my day. I too am trying to work from home, and loving your site, and being excited for your new career development, it was just a great post.

Good luck to you and Faith on this new career development, and I look forward to painting with your new paint in the near future!

Karen

5. Congrats on all your success!! I love seeing all your painted furniture projects. Hey….here’s a tip – next time make sure your printer shrink wraps those cards in 50’s for you! Will save you a ton of time.

Love your blog!

6. How wonderful!! Good help is hard to find but your found her and your business is thriving, how exciting!

7. It never ceases to amaze me how God sends us the people we need exactly when we need them. I love that so many good things are happening in your life.

8. Wanda says:

One of the stores near me is advertising they will be carrying your paint! Can’t wait!!!,

9. Denise T says:

Yes, mountains will be moved! Congrats to your amazing success! Looking forward to your milk paint.

10. Welcome, Faith! I think you girls will be great for each other! Don’t worry, Marian, you have a great team. Be strong and courageous. “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

11. that is great news Marian! I think you have needed Faith for a long long time but God was waiting for both of you to be ready. Welcome aboard Faith! I look forward to hearing more about you – maybe even a guest post or two? lol yep, no pressure right :)
    I am looking forward to buying your milk paint from your distributor in Canada

12. SO wonderful for you. Love the look of those color cards!
    :-)
    shaunna

13. Andrea says:

Congrats…..you have found the right woman…for sure. Don’t forget to post where we can buy online….I have been holding out just for your paint!
    Andrea

14. It was wonderful to read about how this project has evolved over time and now for this exciting piece to fall in place is just so perfect. Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. Full of splendor and majesty in his work…The works of his hands are faithful and just. Psalm 111:2-7

15. I loved this post. I ‘ve been a huge fan of Annie sloane chalk paint and will continue to use for my clients projects, however I’m excited to have another option. It will be new for me to try a dry mix paint, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ll try it on a few small pieces before marketing to my customers. I love all that you do, so I’m sure I’ll love your new paint.
    Audrey of Audrey’s Artisitc Design

16. Maggi Barth says:

I almost never post anything on the blogs I read but you wrote this entry so beautifully I have to…so well expressed!

17. Congratulations to you and to Faith for finding each other.

Wishing you much success with the new paint line!

Simone

18. Debbie Faber says:

I am always enriched when I read your blog. You are a delightful child of God and it comes across even on your not so good days. I think you are going to succeed like no other…all your positive energy must attract lots of positive energy. Best of Luck!!!

19. Jeanette Shaw says:

I can hardly wait for this paint! As a new devotee to all things painted, I have been following your blog for a few months now and look forward to trying every color.

20. I’ve had the opportunity to work with Faith, and she’s just as sharp and on-the-ball as Marian says she is.

Welcome Faith. We’re all very grateful that both your prayers were answered!

21. So excited for you! And happy that you have help!

22. This was a lovely story, a little daunting with this huge BANG! of demanding interest, I wish you all the best in the world and know you will pull everything together, with the help from your family and the lovely new Faith joining you, you can’t go wrong…Go girl and enjoy it all. xx Mary

23. I love stories like these. Sounds like Faith will be the perfect partner to your new business venture. I had a similar experience when I was praying for someone to help me one to two days a week. I asked a friend of mine whom I thought would be a good match. She and her husband had been praying for an opportunity like this so he could take a much desired job, that paid less, but would ultimately have more room for advancement. They needed to find a way to fill in the gaps, and I needed to find someone to help me turn around the ever increasing amount of work. Huge blessing for both of us. Yes, God definitely listens to our prayers, especially those who have Faith!

24. Saw that your paints are going to be carried here soon! Whoo hoo! Anxiously waiting and checking in at Applebox Boutique in Edmonton, AB CANADA!!!

25. God is so good. Hang in there. May God’s blessings overflow! ~ Judy

26. woot woot…you go girl!!!

27. awesome! love stories like this!! glad you are getting some help, and so great to see God answer our prayers!

28. Welcome to Faith…and now I have that George Michael song in my head!

29. She sounds like a beautiful soul inside and out! You are so lucky and blessed to have her on your team!
    xx
    Anne

30. In the words of the A-Team….I love it when a plan comes together! Yes I am a 90’s fan but a bigger fan of God! He does such great things when we just have a little….faith.

Have a great day and enjoy the roller coaster!

31. sarah says:

ready to sell in the southwest? Please contact me for for information, would love too carry your paint!!

blessings!

32. She’s precious just like you. This post made me tear up. I always get emotional when God moves mountains. I love it!

33. This post made me tear up too! I love seeing the work God does in your life! Thank you for always being such a wonderful inspiration!

34. Was just watching Joel Osteen the other night and he was talking about having enough faith in the Lord to pray “bold” prayers. He said, “Believe in God enough that you ask for exactly what your heart desires. Not just ‘good enough’ prayers but BOLD prayers!” YAY! So excited for you, for Faith and for us all! Melisa

35. Can you bottle Faith and ship her to me, please! ;)

36. Bridget Caulkins says:

Congrats!!! I know isn’t it funny how we know all about God’s faithfulness and we are still amazed when our prayers are answered! I’m excited for you. I am currently painting furniture and trying to start a small business and just had a friend approach me this week about doing it together. This is very scary for me…we shall see.