nice legs

I have been a glutton for punishment the past couple of days and have voluntarily cleaned out my basement.  You have to remember that the original part of our house was built in the 1940’s, so we’re talking a snarl of wires, pipes and cables about 18″ above my head along with masses of cobwebs.  It’s dusty, dark, buggy and it had gotten way out of control.  So, I organized, cleaned, purged and I am now totally gross.  It was well worth it, though, and I’m going to have a yummy dinner and watch a movie with my man tonight.

I also finished my milk paint color samples.  I wanted to have them completed, so I could bring them to Haven…WHICH IS NEXT WEEK!!  Holy schmoly.

Here are all my legs…like a chorus line.  (Kiss today goodbye and point me toward tomorrow…)

Here’s how they started…

I still need one more, so if you have a chunky old table leg hanging around…call me.  Or e-mail me.

I also put together a few paint decks to send to a few key people who are working on the brand with me as well as a very exciting addition to the line.  I’ll share about that later…

The bathtub  is calling my name and I must answer.  I may actually beat the dirt ring record set by my boys a few days ago…

Comments

1. Anne Boykin says:

MMS, Can’t wait to see them in person next week at Haven! Pinch me, I’m really going. Hugs, Anne Boykin

2. Goodness I love all the colors but especially the red & yellow!

3. I have two pieces that are just waiting to be painted…and I am purposely waiting for your paint. Gotta, Gotta, GOTTA have the red for certain, and who knows what else (I’ll have to put a limit on myself or I may need a new home!). Can’t wait!!

4. MMS, these colors are fantabulous…..those paint decks are looking almost edible…..can’t wait to see close-up! I see patterns & pillows and paint, oh my.

Sincerely,
    Dawn

5. Hi Marian…never seen such fantastic legs!!! I wish we were going to Haven to see you and them in person… Just lovin these awesome colors!!

6. Whats a dirt ring round the bath matter when you have gorgeous legs to show off..:o))

7. Bethanie says:

Love the colors…but more importantly :) I heard Haven is in Atlanta…can you tell me more? Where? When exactly? Is it open to the public? Im outside of ATL and out of school for the summer (one perk to teaching!) I would love to see all of you amazing ladies!!

8. Very nice. The red and yellow are my favorite colors.

9. Kat Moss says:

Oh my goodness – I L.O.V.E. that darker green!! Stunning!! They’re all very pretty, don’t get me wrong, but that green…makes my heart go pitty pat.

10. Karen says:

Ordered my sample kit last week! I have spindles… can I steal your idea to display the colors in my shop?!? I can’t wait to sell those yummy colors!!

11. Jennifer says:

Those colors are so wonderful.

12. Laura says:

Anticipation is killing me! I am saving a special something for Tricycle. Gorgeous legs by the way.

13. Hi – Love your colors in your new paint line. Can you tell me if this will be recommended for kitchen cabinets? I’m getting ready to start on my kitchen and would love to use it if it would work. Love your colors.

Thanks.

14. Yay, I’m so glad you’ll be bringing your paint samples along to Haven, can’t wait to meet you and your legs! :)

15. Becky says:

Love the legs, and the paint!

16. Eileen says:

Great idea with the legs. Great colors!

17. Oh Marian! These colors all look FABULOUS!!!!! I am so excited for you! Wish I were going to Haven but just couldn’t get it figured out for someone to watch the girls. Plus I’m not quite ready to leave little Miss Lola yet. Next year though!

18. I am really excited to try out one of these colors!! How fun for you to see them in living color like that, and I LOVE the way they look on those old chunky table legs. So cool!

You are a brave woman to go where all those bugs and things live. Yukko! And I think a few corners of my garage are scary!

19. I’m so in love with your legs! Can’t wait to try me some MMS Milk Paint – (or is it MSI Milk Paint?) – either way, I’m excited!

20. TONYA GUNNELS says:

Hello Mrs. Marian! LOVE your colors. I have a shop in Caruthersville MO & I would LOVE to be able to carry your paint? Can you direct me to whoever I would need to talk to??? Thank you SO much. You are such an inspiration, your blog was one of the main reasons I have my very own shop! NEVER would I have thought it could be possible… Thanks for all your tips & tools, most of all thanks for encouraging us to have the faith that can & still does move mountains!!!

21. I have chuncky legs, but they’re attatched to my hips.
    How much will you pay for one?

22. HAVEN!!! Can’t wait. See you next week!

23. My comment is perhaps a little predictable as I know it been done many times before, but even though you are using the table legs to promote your beautiful range of milk colours, I felt it’s such a shame to waste a beautiful table leg.

Somewhat pragmatically I too went on the hunt for old table legs to restore and use as a banister was lucky enough to find two identical old tables at a junk yard which they was planning to restore themselves. So being lucky enough to have 8 identical legs meant I could use them for the banisters and I wish I had seen your milk colour range of paints at that time as I simply sanded and varnished. I now feel shame that I never took inspiration before and did not use such colours as on your samples.

It’s all well and good going off to find the readymade article but as you have proven, doing it yourself is far more fun and rewarding. I loved your glitter paint as in your blog dated June 9th although to be honest the price is a little out of my range. But still, I’m seriously thinking about stripping down the banisters varnish and looking for colours that are as inspiring as yours.

Unfortunately not being in the United States means I cannot consider your paint but thanks for the ideas.

24. love all the colors…but drawn to the greens…I still think in a circle likea color wheel…because I bet one color can be mixed with another…like a chorus line kick over..

25. Love the table legs for presenting the fab colors! When is the paint ready to sell and where to buy or order? Sure hoping it is a sight easier than it was to get ASP which is not sold in my town.

Have pieces waiting for the Miss Mustard Seed treatment!

26. Bethany says:

Can you tell me which color the third from the left is? Also, did you paint a color underneath it, or is that just the color of the original wood poking through? I love it!

Trackbacks

1. [...] is life.  I am happy to know that I can now buy it locally!  I am, however, looking into carrying Miss Mustard Seed‘s Milk paint line.  Please, drop me a line if you’re interested in trying her [...]