pictures of me

First of all, thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments yesterday.  I knew I wasn’t alone in the constant struggle for contentment.

Last week I went to Lucketts to have some pictures taken of myself for the book, my blog and promotional purposes.  It’s pretty funny that I didn’t post my picture for the first year of blogging, but I finally got over the fear of having my picture on the Internet.  There are times when you just need to take the plunge.  So, here are a few of my favorites…

All of these pictures were taken by the amazing Jody McKitrick.

My two main requests of Jody were to capture my personality and to bring out my eyes and she did both amazingly well.  Posing was a little awkward at first, but I was soon tossing my hair and batting my eyes like a pro.

I’m halfway done with chapter 10 of my book (out of 10 chapters), so I’m about ready to work on the projects, painting, styling and photography.  Woohoo!!  I’ve been sitting at my computer all day for a few weeks, so it’ll be nice to be up and about.  I’ll also be able to show you some sneak peeks of what I’m up to, so there will be a lot more to post about.   I have exactly two weeks until my manuscript deadline, so I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Comments

1. You look beautiful! And I think your brave too!! So you have it all in my book!

2. Janet Lawson says:

You look beautiful..

3. Kathryn Cain says:

luv the first one,the casual styling matches your look,and the sneakers are perfect. I was in retail for over 38 years and did my share of dressing for photoshoots and fashion shows. A perfect combintion for a great photo shoot. You need to frame a couple for you house.

4. Great photos. It is so awkward having your picture taken isn’t it. Well done for such natural looking shots.

5. I like them all, but the first is my favorite. You look relaxed and friendly… like your personality.

6. Reenie says:

Beautiful photos. Your hair color is great on you ~ brings out your eyes….and features more :)

7. I was going to say the red door was my fav and then I saw the next and next, they all look great!

8. Really love the close up! Great Job and hang in there, you’ll get your life back soon:)

9. Beautiful Pictures, she definitely captured your spirit and fun nature.

10. I think you look wonderful !
    I hope you coast through the rest of your book. I’m pulling for ya!

11. You look great, really happy!
    Your hair color is great. And I love the converse!

12. Lee Shanes says:

Girl, you’re rockin’ that casual chic! Amazing photos — love the B&W one. You’re working so hard, and we all appreciate it. Good luck with it all!

13. Great photos! You look amazing! :)

14. Barbara says:

What great pictures! The last one where you’re sitting in the chair is my favorite, but they are all good. Can’t wait for your book!!!

15. You look fabulous! I think photo #3 has the most personality…and I want that scarf.

16. Your photos are stunning!!! I love the black and white one, but the coloured one of you on the blue chair is gorgeous. I love that bracelet. They are all beautiful. Can’t wait for your book.

17. Fun!!! Love them all!

18. absolutely gorgeous!

19. WendyW says:

You look GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I love the black and white photo the best.I love the scarf! They are such beautiful natural photos that capture the real you … the lovely Miss Mustard Seed. God bless you. I am so looking forward to getting your book and hopefully, a signed copy :-)

20. I love your pictures!! They really reflect the sympathy which you show through the blog…

21. Terrie from Atlanta, Ga says:

What fun to pop on the girly RED lipstick for a day! Simply gorgeous, dahling ~ let that be your new “thing!” xo

22. Gillianne says:

Marian, you look terrific! Credit to the photographer, of course, but the beauty is yours. There’s a lot of inner warmth and light shining through, and the genuine-ness you bring to your blog. Thanks for sharing.

23. Such beautiful pictures!! I love them all!! Gorgeous
    Hugs
    SueAnn

24. Lovely photos, you look so natural in them. Congratulations on being halfway done your 10th chapter!

25. Deb Jackson says:

You look amazing! I love the new “do” and that sweater is adorable. I have followed you for a long time, and it has been fun watching your swan song, Well done!

26. Gillianne says:

Forgot to note how nice it was to see you featured in the current issue of House of Fifty, which I finally read this morning. I was pleased that “encouragement” was cited as a characteristic of your blog, because that’s certainly accurate. You help a lot of people summon up the nerve to try all sorts of things and to be kind to themselves along the way.

27. Great photos!
    Congratulations on getting the chapters done.

28. Just so you know that ALL of your photos were worth it… I like the red door pics best! I hope you had a date with your hubby after getting all dolled up. :) Thanks for sharing!

29. What beautiful photos of you!! You are very pretty! I’m glad they turned out so well for you. That photographer had a wonderful subject to work with.

30. Gorgeous photos!! I know you’re probably stressed out right now, but just remember it will be SO WORTH IT in the end! I can’t wait to read your book (and meet you at Haven!)

31. Gorgeous!! You look so pretty!! Love your hair and outfit! She really captured you!

32. Really nice photos. You found a really good photographer!

33. You look BEAUTIFUL. Thinking of you as you near the finish line!!!
    :-)
    shaunna

34. Sue Pagels says:

Wow! Good thing, I don’t have to decide which picture, because they are all beautiful (as are you) but my two favs are the first two! Love that hair, and that smile! Continued good luck – your project seems to be going well and I can”t wait to hear more!

35. Those are gorgeous pictures, and the photographer did a great job with your eyes. If I had never read your blog, didn’t know a thing about you, just saw the pictures, I would think, “now there is a really sweet lady, you can just tell she is a good person”. You can’t fake that or hide that in pictures.

I soooooo hate having my picture taken, so good for you that you got “over” it. You should probably get used to it, I am sure there will be much more to come!

36. Congrats on all of your success! Your photos are simply beautiful – they turned out really great!

37. Beautiful pictures!

38. I read the words about your hope that she would bring out your eyes just as I was thinking how beautiful they look in these shots. So, mission accomplished! Success…you wear it well!

39. Your new hair color and darker lipstick really warm up your skin tone! You look STUNNING (and super tan)!

40. Your pics are beautiful! Well done! We just did our first round of headshots for our blog- so nerve racking but fun! The touching up was even more fun!;) Wishing you are best!!

Natalie and Kim

41. You are SO cute!
    Just darling, girl!

XOXO,
    Anne

42. Marian, ALL of these pictures are stunning…You my dear are beautiful on the inside and out!

43. I’ll just say that I LOVE your new longer length & darker hair color. I think I like that it’s a little softer of a cut, it’s very flattering. I do the same type of work that you do so I know that it’s rare to have enough time to do your make up (at least that’s the case for me). It looks great though, not many girls can pull of red lipstick! It must’ve been a lot of fun doing a photo shoot about yourself for a change!

44. You are beautiful! INSIDE and out!

45. Fabulous pictures. I, too, love your new doo. All of the pictures are absolutely beautiful, I love the third one – the black and white close up, it is gorgeous. But I also love the first picture and feel like it’s the “you” that shines through on your blog. Great pics. Congratulations! I know it’s hard for some of us to get our picture taken, but yours are absolutely fantastic!!

46. Ah, there are the photos I was wondering about on Facebook!

You’re rocking it, girl!!!

47. Jenn W-M says:

You are so beautiful! I LOVE your hair cut sooooooo soooooo much. I have not had my hair cut in a differnet ‘style’ in 10 years. I also had never been to get my hair cut since moving to a new town in 4 years. CRAZY I know, but I was so scared, my hair was a hot mess.

This past friday I printed your picture and carried it nerviously to the salon and walked out VERY happy. Yes, I even cried. My kids did not reconize me and my husband thought I looked years younger. I felt better about me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for being you. I have been able to step out of my comfort zone in so many areas. I love your style personally and in your home decor.

48. Beautiful! You have a great smile! It probably comes from the obvious Holy Spirit within you! :)