bloopers

A few days ago, I was asked by my publisher to make a promotional video about my book, so I got all gussied up with my red lipstick again yesterday and put something on film.  I thought it would be fun to share some of my “bloopers” with you.  I warn you, there is a lot of hair-tossing.

I love the thumbnail for this video. You can totally see my “Doh!” expression.  I hope you have a good giggle.

I’ve been painting a beast of a china cabinet today for the book and I love how it’s turning out.  I’ll show you some sneak peeks over the next couple of days.

Comments

1. I think you did very well considering! I could never speak before an audience and could NEVER do what you are doing! I know I would crack up a lot!!

You look very pretty though. Love your new haircut and color!

XO,
    Jane

2. Annette says:

I can understand why you are at the place you find yourself—–ie. successful. You have a very winsome way and a sweet, genuine quality that people respond to. Charming and real—you go, girl!

3. OK..let’s try again!…I love it. Love your blog. You’re awesome. Thanks for sharing how real you are.

xo
    Krista

4. Giggle
    don’t look here.

don’t ever look here. don’t bang your feet on the floor, thou shalt not lie, thou shalt not murder!

There is just so much to remember?!!! how do you do it? You looked so cool and calm. I’d be …well, taken outside the gate and stoned probably! ha!
    I know it wasn’t that serious…but it just makes me laugh. You’re so sweet …I enjoyed the chuckle. Thanks!
    Pat

5. Oh goodness!! I’d have been banging my feet or kicking my feet the whole time, nervous habits, eerrrggg!! You look super cute and I can’t WAIT to see some sneak peaks of the cabinet!

6. I’m cracking up here!!!! This reminded me of this video:

janet xox
    The Empty Nest

• Darn! The blog won’t accept the link from YouTube….go to Google and type in

Do You Hear The Click?

Your Bloopers reminded me so much of this funny couple!

janet

7. and…ummmm….okay…ummmm you sound like me :) I’m so proud to say that I have watched you make this amazing tradition over the past 2 years I’ve been following your blog. Congratulations on all the hard work and amazing things you are accomplishing.
    ~Kathleen

8. Awwww, you’re so cute on video! And you have an accent. I’m jealous. ;)

9. “Ok, let’s try that again.” My gosh, if I didn’t know better, I’d say we are blood sisters (except I’m old enough to be your mother) for that statement is the story of my life. And I thank God for it, for He never gives up on us. So promo with bloopers…..who cares! God gives us opportunity after opportunity whether it be in our careers or our walk with Him. So thankful for that.

You are a precious, talented, Christian woman, the person God made you to be. I love your genuiness and transparency. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and yourself with those of us out here on the other side of the screen.

Can’t wait to read your book. I know it’s going to be a winner, just like you.

Pam

10. Nicole says:

Don’t look at this…don’t everrrr look at this. LOL… too funny! Thanks for the bloopers! This is gonna be so awesome when it all comes together, can’t wait!! :)

11. Oh my gosh, I just love you!! You’re too darn cute!

12. that totally cracked me up. ok, now let’s try it again.

13. okay?okay..hmmmm.okay?okay :))) you are so sweet…love ur blog

14. Love the hair style even better on film(to see how it moves)! The best thing about you is that you allow us to see who you really are.You have grown into your new role so beautifully as your success has progressed. Did you get that PR person yet? :0)

15. kristin M says:

“That was HIL…”
    let’s try that again.

“That was hilar…”
    Okay, let’s try that again.

“That was hilario…”
    *tucks hair behind ear

“That was hilarious!”
    Okay, did you get that part?

16. o.k. should we do that again?LOL Your hairstyle is cute.

17. Love your new profile photo. Fun stuff with the vid.

18. Are you normally introverted? This intense focus would be murder for me. I am so in awe of how you are just moving right on ahead new territory or not with a smile and a toss of the head! :-) Wow!

19. You did great, I would have been throwing myself on the floor with a case of nerves!!!

20. brilliant — and if you ever wanna start a new blog, I think we can all agree you have a great name for it. Although, I have to admit, I was sitting there going “those are bloopers”? I’d be going “aaafrghghhh! I got that wrong *again*?!” fling back head, wave arms and wail. And then there’d be the universal touch down symbol when I got it right — which would’ve meant I’d have had to do it again ….

go you!

21. Meagan says:

Sooo cute! You are such an inspiration to me and many others! I have done a couple commercials before and they were nerve racking. I fell out of a service van while filming. Not my finest moment. Can’t wait for your book!

22. Know this had to be so hard to do. You will be a pro in no time. Just smile your smile and keep on trying like you are here. You are a cutie and very brave. Have a good weekend.

23. I love it! I did my first VLOG the other night for an advertising campaign and it was so hard! I knew exactly what I wanted to say but i couldn’t do it! I was so relieved to see your video and know it wasn’t just me! Luckily my hubby is good at editing! Hope you have a great weekend! Keep sharing your awesome work!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

24. I think I laughed hardest at the blinking segment. :) All of it was great, though. I sound like SUCH a NERD on video…even when I tape us on family ones…Aaaaaah! (Maybe I just AM one and don’t know it til I hear myself. :S ) I’ve tried doing a few tutorials on my blog, and my kids always interrupt, like when I was trying to do one on my dehydrator and my two year old picked up one of the round trays and was looking through it… TOTALLY lost my train of thought as she then ran her tongue all around the edge. I never posted that one. I’m sure your final video one will never know. :) Your waxing video has been a GREAT help to me, and you did that crazy good! Thanks for the laughs! :)

25. I think you have grown up so much that we should call you Madame Mustard Seed now. Why won’t you wear color? You need a sweater to match your eyes. Ann

26. Loved the bloopers but really stopped by to say thanks you so much for your slipcover tutorials which have recently saved my life. My appetite is so whetted for more now. Have linked back to you from my blog today. Many Thanks

27. I’m not laughing because I can only imagine how hard it was to do that! I’m sure your final one was great because you always sound so poised on your videos…. Good luck with your new book!
    Susan
    Homeroad

28. sgjeffries says:

I just want to thank you for being so transparent as you have worked on your book. I am not sure how long I have been following you, but it has been quite a while. I check in with you each morning as I enjoy my coffee. Therefore it feels as if I have a vested interest in your book and I get excited when you finish a chapter, or go for a photo shoot. It is my “blog friend” who is doing those things.

So thank you again not only for your inspiration as a decorator, but keeping it real as a person. It feels like I could meet you for lunch and talk about decorating, church life (my husband is a pastor) or being a mom.

Blessing to you and congrats on success!

Susan Gay

29. I loved your bloopers, so funny!! Marian, have you ever done any furniture bleaching? I’m considering it to get that Scandinavian look that is so popular right now and wondered if you could share any tips or techniques. Thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration you provide. Can’t wait for your book.
    Jeanean

30. oh so much work goes into a perfect finished project!…Your hair looks fabulous & I think your voice is so controlled! good for you!

31. I’m sure the final product will be great! Susan

32. Even your “bloopers” are awesome!!

33. Eileen says:

Ok, all right!!! I loved it and am sure the final product will be charming.

34. Sally says:

LOL…after years of working behind a camera and watching “talent” wade through dialogue, I can completely understand these bloopers! You are a doll and you did great ;) Can’t wait to buy the book. I am so happy for you and your success. You deserve it.

35. Holy gravy- I was a nervous wreck! Look here, don’t look there, stop banging your feet…aaack! I am a total fidget-er so I would bomb!
    Great job- you look adorable!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

36. I just wanted to say that your hair looks so pretty! love the cut and I seriously can’t wait to read your book!

37. You seem so comfortable in spite of all the retakes. IF I were to ever have the same opportunity, I would be much worse with all the hair flipping and I have a problem with wiggling my legs. Have done that since forever! LOL! I just tried my first video of just my hands last week and there are a lot of “ummmms” and long pauses -not to mention I hate my voice. I can’t believe March is right around the corner already! It won’t be long now!

38. You did a great job! We have done videos for our church and it is sooo much harder than you think it will be. I can’t wait to see the final product!

39. Why is it that when someone tells us NOT to do something, it makes us do it?! ha ha! I loved this and think you are very cute and sweet.

40. sue pagels says:

I am a bit late on commenting, but finally got a chance to watch your bloopers! Bless you for letting us see a “real” person. I would be so mortified to have to do that, would constantly criticize myself and probably just about pee my pants with fright! Your life has taken a wonderful direction and wish you much continued success. Plus, I can’ wait to see the book!

41. Janice Hebert says:

I’m so disappointed, the video isn’t there anymore! Love all of the comments though – must have been really cute…