A Visit to Lucketts

Well, I finally crawled out of my writing-induced hermit shell yesterday and spent the day at Lucketts and running some errands.  It was mostly book-related, but it was so nice to be out and about (and out of sweatpants.)  I went to have my picture taken by the very talented Jody McKitrick.   We had never met before, but we were providentially brought together last year by my Union Jack dresser and now she’s helping me out with a little photography for my book.  I really needed a few professional shots of myself for promotional purposes, for the book jacket and some interior shots of me shopping, taking pictures, etc.  Lucketts was the perfect backdrop.  What’s so funny is that I ended up finding (and buying) an awesome primitive table in the process.  I picked out the pictures I liked this morning and can’t wait to share some of them as well as get them up on my side bar and about page.

While at Lucketts, I did refill my space with some things from my house and took some pictures of my own to use in the book.  Here are some of the pictures I took that aren’t going in the book…

It was so good to be there again.  I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed it and all of the people there.

I finished chapter seven of the book today and I’m halfway through eight (of a ten chapter book), so I can see a light at the end of the writing-all-day-in-sweatpants tunnel!  Then I’ll be moving onto the painting-all-day-in-sweatpants and taking-pictures-all-day-in-sweatpants phase.  Oh, the joys!

Comments

1. I love the pictures, and congrats on being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! And hey, I’ve been writing and taking pictures in sweatpants for over 12 years now, so I can relate! ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Kat :)

2. I know your book will be amazing! I know this is a tiring, but exciting time for you! I can’t wait to get your book and meet you at Haven! Painting is such a good stress reliever for me- just put those sweats on and get busy!

3. Lovely Pics! Is the necklace on the white dress form for sale? If so, I call dibs!

4. I bet the book is turning out great. I’m sure you will be glad when it is done! Love the necklace :)

5. Sharon in Chicago says:

Hmmm, since I work for Paper Source, I’m specially drawn to that last necklace with the P & S keys. Oh, I just realized it’s keys with keys! Was the play on words intentional?

6. Love the photos! You are soooo talented. How do you come up with all your ideas?

7. I wonder what it is about keys that we love so much?! Old, new, big, small…they seem to catch my eye.

8. Woohoo! You are really knocking that book out! Good for you. Can’t wait to see the pics:)

9. I wish Lucketts was closer to me in Massachusetts! It sounds like a wonderful place full of all kinds of treasures. Hope the writing is going well! Can’t wait to read the finished product!

10. I love that you can wear sweatpants to work! :D

11. Janet Lawson says:

I loved the photos not making the book..You are almost done..Hurray..Can’t wait for it to come out in publication..Have a great weekend..

12. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

I’m so looking forward to reading your book…hang in there, it will be over soon.

Blessings,
    Linda

13. When this is over you should treat yourself to a new pair of sweatpants!

14. I know the feeling. Today I put on something nice just because I was tired of living in paint clothes. It felt good. Really good. Can’t wait til you can share all this work you’ve been doing with us. How thrilling to be working on your own book. I just can’t wait to see it!!!

15. Wow! You’re almost there! You’ll be back in sweats before you know it…unless your writing in them…which is what I’m doing…hehehe…

16. I get some of my best desk work done in my pajamas!!! Can’t wait for the book.

17. You sure are moving right along with your book! Of course, deadlines will do that! LOL! Can’t wait to see it in print, and I also can’t wait to see when things get back to normal – whatever the new normal may be for you after that book! ;^)

18. Nicole says:

Oh the joys of commuting from the kitchen to the office down the hall, lol! I know all about that, working in your slippers, answering client phone calls with just a towel on and wet hair right out of the shower and putting on your business voice so the client doesn’t suspect anything!

I can’t wait to read your book. I need a special place like Luckett’s, I love, love, love to refinish furniture, but around here, there’s no such place. (Maybe I should create my own opportunity?)

19. Can’t wait for the book good luck!!!

20. Hi Marian – can’t wait to see the book. So glad you are almost finished. It’s wonderful that you found a great photographer via Providence. That’s the way it’s supposed to work, don’t you think?

Linda

21. I will be praying that you are able to get everything done and do it all to the glory of God!
    HUGS and blessings to you and on your home while you work on this important and detailed project.
    May you have peace and joy, knowing that you are in His will and using the gifts you have been given.
    You inspire me to use mine!
    Thank you!
    Love,
    me

22. Marian I Can’t wait to see the book.Those photos are amazing and they are not going in the book?You are my inspiration.Hope you can relax sometime this weekend.

23. i dunno…call me lazy (it’s okay, really!) but the “all day in sweatpants” thing sounds A-okay with me! just sayin! when’s your book supposed to be out? curious!

24. Tonia Borrosch says:

soooo funny that I have come to follow your blog and that I know Jody M from a photography retreat we went to together-she is really talented and sweet!

25. Debbie w says:

Is the jewelry yours? If so, you are really talented and can do it all! I have been collecting things (keys, hardware , lockers in hopes of making necklaces like the ones you posted. What inspiration!

26. Your pictures are Beautiful! (as always) can’t wait to read your book!

27. It looks like you’ve found a fabulous photographer to represent you and your work! Congrats to you and she, both.:) I can’t wait to see the rest of the photos.

28. We took our first trip to Lucketts last month and I fell in love it (and the Beekeepers Cottage). We can’t wait to plan a second trip. Excited to read your book and see the beautiful photo’s! You are an inspiration to many of us!
    Wendy

29. I had so much fun with you that day. You made it so easy–beautiful person (inside and out) and such a fun location for a backdrop. I hope we can do it again!