technical difficulties, a cuff & some carnage

I must apologize for some of the wonkiness going on with my blog at the moment.  You may have been “rejected” from my site (don’t worry, so was I) and some things are now missing (like my slide show of recent posts and fancy widgets.)  We’re just experiencing some “technical difficulties” as they say and things will hopefully be sorted out on Monday.

Even in my early days of blogging, I learned one of the perks…great mail.  I received so many sweet cards and beautiful gifts over the holidays (and year round, really.)  A couple of days ago, I checked my mail and found an unexpected little package.  This is what was in the box…

I highlighted this gorgeous cuff when I did a giveaway for one of my talented sponsors, Leslie Janson.   When I first spotted it I thought, “This is exactly my style in piece of jewelry.”

It’s handmade out of vintage elements.  A touch of the humble with grain sack fabric…

…and a touch of sparkle with a piece of costume jewelry and a little girlishness with some ruffles.

I just love it.  Thanks so much, Leslie.

Yesterday my husband was on a youth trip, so it was just me and the boys stuck inside on a snowy, icy day.  It involved a lot of Phineas & Ferb and legos.

…there was a lot of building…

…and a lot of carnage…

I didn’t get much done today, but sometimes it’s good to have days like that.

Comments

1. Love the cuff and snow days! I just don’t get many in Georgia!
    Debbie

2. I think we are all experiencing some technical difficulties. When I try to click on my comments, the page freezes. It has been doing this for about a week and half. I have to log into my edit comments page to read my comments. And another blogger lost her blog heading. It is strange.

I love, love, love Leslie Jansonn’s cuffs! They are beautiful. You are a lucky girl!

Enjoy your Sunday! XO

3. I love that cuff bracelet.I don’t wear enough jewelry.I really should.Most days I forget to put on a pair of earrings.We had a snow day yesterday.My daughter had a blast playing out in the snow.We are homebodies this time of the year.

4. Beautiful cuff! I’d wear that one too:) The legos reminds me of my living room right now. I have 3 girls – ages 6 to 13 – and they all love legos.
    Sorry about your technical difficulties. I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to set up my own wordpress blog :( I want to be able to change things myself down the road when I want a new look. But I’m about ready to hand the design over to someone else!! WordPress is not as simple as blogger. I will NOT be attempting to import my old blog to the new on on my own! LOL
    Have a blessed Sunday;)

5. Debbie Pfiffner says:

Dear Marion, it is wonderful that you show case so many women that are designing, sewing, painting and just being creative with their lives. I think that many of us that visit your blog everyday, find a little creative jolt that enters are lives. I know I am finding myself not just sticking with one thing, but am filling myself with other fun and creative ” doings ” each day. This weekend I sewed together fabric yo yo’s that I have been making and filling a large antique pickle jar. Today, I am going to line the the finished piece, and make a large pillow. And, I started needlepointing a hand painted Christmas ornament of my husband’s beloved English bulldog Winifred. Two creative things in one weekend!
    I am waiting for my husband to put up the curtain rods for curtain panels that I bought at Target last weekend for 17.00 each. They are great! Thank You Miss Mustard Seed!!!!!
    PS I am the one who thinks your lamps in your bedroom are to big for your dresser!!!!! Fondly, Debbie

6. Seeing your cuff made me think of all the wonderful things we receive from blogging (not meaning material, though that is nice) The thoughtfulness of you, your style, that kind of caring.

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena

7. I had a day like that yesterday…lazy and everyone did what they wanted…no chores! Now i’m paying for it today with lots of laundry :(

8. Gorgeous bracelet. It goes to show how we’re all connected in this blogosphere when you receive something that Leslie knew you would love. I’m sure you did more yesterday than you think you did. Besides, Phineas & Ferb is good for the soul. (KIDDING.) My son loves that darn show.

Jami
    P.S. Only you would make legos look that amazing in a photo!

9. Beautiful cuff! Gorgeous elements!
    Sometimes I think we need those days of “carnage” with our kids as much as they need to have them with us. It is always hard for me to remember to take that time, I know I won’t get it back and there will always be dishes that need cleaning, a stack of sewing and to do projects, but someday my kid will be all grownn up and I won’t get to play dolls or legos with her. Glad you had a fun day!

10. Love, Love, Love the cuff!!! Also, cartoons are way past my day, had to google Phineas & Ferb. LOL I always loved play days with my sons, building forts with the sofa cushions and draping the kitchen table with a sheet. So many great memories!!

11. Shary says:

I think you did a lot yesterday! Playing with 2 boys (I have 2 as well) is a valuable and worthwhile activity. You connect two souls to your own and build memories. Sometimes when my boys were younger they would ask to play “that thing we played last time.” It lets them know you care. Keep up the good work.

12. Barbara Miller says:

Sounds like you all had a great day! No snow days in Scottsdale, AZ:) I remember them fondly as a kid growing up in NY and do miss them. I am always inspired by you and your selected blog friends Maybe it is the year to put together my projects on esty like leslie. I haven’t in the past because my projects were so unrelated and not enough of each but she pulled it off…. I also am allowing myself to picture me blogging, me? can you believe it? what could I say? but, after your series on blogging, I have this visual of it in my head. It just could be possible. Hmmm. Thanks as always for the inspiration, Barbara

13. What a cute cuff! I’m not one for jewelry, but I would definitely wear that. I love the simplicity of the post, these are what keep me interested in the blog world!

Allyson

14. Gerri says:

That’s funny. I love Phineas and Ferb myself :)

15. Kathy says:

Beautious cuff!! More than that I love the snow, the building and the carnage! Had a few of those last week watching my grandchildren for a couple of days! Such special opportunities God gives us when we least expect :)

Kathy

16. Snow days with my boys years ago was not something I got to experience….however Tornado watch days in Houston..now that’s another story!

Have a lovely sunday Marian.

janet xox

PS…stunning cuff…she is very talented.

17. You got plenty done…a day playing with your boys and making memories!
    and the cuff…ooh, la, la!

18. Barbara says:

The creativity in this world is simply amazing, as evidenced by your beautiful cuff! Thanks to sharing on the Internet, we grow and develop much faster than we ever did in the “olden days”!
    Legos are the best toys in the world! As long as you don’t step on them barefoot! :)

19. Hi Marian,

I’m so glad you like the cuff! And thank you for the mention! That was incredibly nice of you! I loved the Lego years, exhausting and wonderful though they were….we could all sit and create together with them!

20. I miss those Lego playing days. It’s fun to watch their creativity. Beautiful gift you got there! Lucky you!

21. Janet Lawson says:

I love the cuff..
    What a nice gesture..
    The story of the Legos and Phineas and Ferb was too funny..

22. Jennifer says:

Just like Leslie’s Garden comment, I miss those Lego days…those were fun times.

23. Emily says:

Legos are the best! Love the pics :)

24. I can totally relate on the legos and phineas and ferb! I have 3 boys that adore both. Now as for the cuff that is something I would love to own! So beautiful.

25. Such a sweet post…legos are the best!
    Your cuff is beautiful, what a great job Leslie has done!
    Wow..Bummer about blog troubles but it seems many of us are experiencing one kind of difficulty or the other. Glad yours are on the mend!

26. Vonda L. says:

I became a follower of Wuslu on Pinterest.

27. Vonda L. says:

I still love their vintage rolling laundry basket.

28. Lol! There’s Phineas & Ferb going on in the background right now as I read your post. It’s on quite a lot in fact. Thank goodness it’s tolerable to listen to. Sounds like the perfect mommy=boys day=snow day!

29. Coreen @ 58 Vintage Faire says:

Some of the best days are those spent on a ‘train vacation’ across my living room! Spending snowy days in the imagination of youth casts a shadow on so many other ‘productive’ days…Coreen

30. Brenda Gist says:

Just love the cuff– it is absolutely beautiful!! When I kept getting rejected from your site I almost cried because I thought I had done something WRONG and I couldn’t ever go to your site ever again!! Laughing tonight though!! Not snowing in Charleston SC.

31. Tis good to have a play day!! Everyone needs it
    Hugs
    SueAnn

32. lots of legos here too… rainy last couple days have kept us in. :) I love it.

33. Robin Reid says:

Marion,

You are so generous in sharing your space with praise for other artists and crafters.

And thanks for sharing the carnage. I so miss those days of too many Legos on the floor and everywhere else.

34. Love the cuff! We don’t get snow days, but lately we’ve been having rain days where it was pointless to try to go outside. Sideways rain. Anyhoo, hope you’re having a good evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse