{hello twenty-twelve}

Happy New Year!  I must say, I’m excited about 2012.  2011 was a fantastic year for me full of exciting e-mails and big opportunities and lessons learned and growth and friendships.  I feel like even more exciting things are around the corner, though, and I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds.  It’s exciting and terrifying all at the same time.  I keep clinging to the fact that God has not given us a spirit of fear or timidity, but of power and love and discipline.  I’m purposing to step into this new year and face the opportunities it will bring with courage.

So, what’s on the calendar so far?  The focus of the first few months will be writing and photographing for my book.  Everything’s due in March, so it’s going to be an intense couple of months.  I also have some freelance articles to finish, a magazine photo shoot and another exciting thing going on.  In April I will start ramping up for my biggest sale of the year, the Lucketts Antique Market in May.  It was huge last year and I’m excited about preparing for it this year.  I’m already praying for beautiful weather.  June brings our first ever DIY/Home Bloggers conference, Haven, and I’m so honored to be a part of it.  My parents put a contract on a house in Gettysburg while they were visiting over Christmas, so I hope I’ll be helping them move up here this summer.  My book is slated for release sometime this fall, so that will be a very exciting time.  I’m have no idea what to expect from it…maybe it will just be a little blip or maybe it will be huge.  I have no idea and I’m just leaving it in God’s capable hands and I’ll enjoy whatever happens.

To kick off the new year, I’ve been asked to be a part of a series on growing your blog.  I love sharing what I’ve learned with others and this is a wonderful group of ladies, so of course I agreed!

Check out The Nesting Place tomorrow for the first installment on Authenticity.  Join Thrifty Decor Chick on Tuesday to hear some opinions on Monetization and Tatertots & Jello on Wednesday to discuss Community and Social Media.  Come back here on Thursday to get some advice on Photography and Styling and finish at Centsational Girl on Friday to see what we have to say on Balance and Time Management.  I have a feeling some of this information is going to be gold for anyone who wants to grow their blog, so don’t miss it!

Lastly, I want to end with some thank yous.  I have made many very dear friends this year, but I want to highlight four of them.

Karen aka The Graphics Fairy has been an amazing mentor and friend to me.  Not only do we have fun together, but we’ve partnered on business ideas and even share a space at Lucketts.  She’s made it possible for me to stay there while I work on my book.  She always listens when I’m talking through my struggles and sorting out priorities in my mind.  Karen’s also super savvy and shares her knowledge with me.

Barb from Knack called me out of the blue this spring and we became fast friends.  She’s been such an encouragement to me this year and has been the one I call when I need a friend to cry to and pray with.  She’s also helped me think through some business decisions, always balancing those with the truly important things in life.

I met Shaunna from Perfectly Imperfect at Blissdom and immediately connected with her.  It was natural since we are both furniture lovers, work in youth ministry, have kids the same age, etc.  I am the sort of person who wants friends who are “real” and our conversations are always right to the heart of things.  I look forward to getting to know her even better this year.

And, of course, Donna from Funky Junk.  She’s been my friend from the start…well, almost.  She e-mailed me when I had 75 followers and we’ve been friends ever since.

Thanks also to my top fifteen referrers of 2011…

Thrifty Decor Chick

320 Sycamore

Southern Hospitality

The Nesting Place

Urban Farm Girl & Co

Knock Off Decor

Dear Lillie

And lastly, thanks to all of my other blog friends, readers, subscribers, cheerleaders, encouragers and, of course, my family.

Here’s to a great 2012!

Since so many people asked…you can order those adorable card calendars from The Lemonade Paperie Esty Shop.

Comments

1. Sharon in Chicago says:

Look forward to watching you soar in 2012!

2. Happy New Year!!
    Best blogging wishes for 2012!!

3. Maureen says:

Posted in the wrong place. I love the little calendar you show there. Is there a place I can buy it?
    Maureen

• Gigi Ewbank says:

I’m wondering where to find the little calendar. Did you find out? soooo cute

4. Can’t wait to see how you’ll rock 2012!! Wishing you lot’s of fun, success and love.

5. I always enjoy reading your new blog posts and know that your book will be a huge hit. Wishing you much success in 2012!

6. Donna says:

You are so big that I usually don’t comment, but I have enjoyed your blog and ideas so much this year that I am going to try to start telling you … even if I have to scroll to the bottom of a hundred other comments!

• Wendy says:

Dittos here Marian! Thank you and Happy New Year! I hope I can find out about that cute little calendar too. :)

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

LOL! Thanks, Donna. I always read my comments and I appreciate each one.

7. happy new year to you!! your blog has provided alot of inspiration /direction for me. I will see you at Haven.
    Laura

8. Kathy says:

Happy New Year MMS! Look forward to learning so much more from you this year….wishing you much fun, growing and sharing in 2012!

Totally love the picture of the calendar! Can you share where you found that?

kj

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

It was a gift to me from Reni of Bliss & Tell Branding Company. I asked her if they’re available for sale. They are so cute and made a great photo prop.

9. Donna S says:

happy new year, miss m…looking forward to following your 2012 adventures!!

10. You’re on a roll as they say…a big roll. Grab the power! God wants you to have it. He wants us all to have it, I’m sure! I’ll be at haven where I can apologize for being a “snot”, if you know what I mean. Best to you, Barbara

11. Hi Miriam, Its been fun watching you blossom. I started reading your blog about 2 years ago. You were so kind to take the time to write back when I emailed you last year after seeing your dresser in downtown Gettysburg. Enjoy your success, God has big plans for you :) His richest blessings to you and your family this year! Maybe I will run into you when I visit my daughter (maybe I will time it for the big sale!) in the Spring
    PS. Love the calendar cards, did you make those?
    xoxo Jodi

12. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Sounds like you had one awesome year in 2011 and it looks like 2012 might be even better:) I’m looking forward to meeting you in Atlanta this summer…you have been one person that I have been wanting to meet ever since we both started our blogs around the same time…just one little difference in our blogs…YOURS is HUGE, but I can say…I’m happy with mine too:) Happy New Year my friend!!!

Blessings,
    Linda

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

I’m so glad you’re coming and yes, it’ll be great to finally meet you!

13. Marian, thank you so much for that verse. I needed that today.
    May our God and Father continue to bless you richly, most of all with His near presence.
    Shilo

14. I’m so excited for this series! I eagerly anticipate each of your entries :) Happy New Year!

15. You will get a kick out of this: Whenever I’m online, whether checking accounts or weather or researching other topics, a little urge within speaks, “You haven’t visited Miss Mustard Seed yet.” Then I pretend I don’t hear, because certainly I can make it through the day without visiting your site, right? But then the voice subtly changes to “You KNOW you’ll go there…you always do…” And so, laughing inside I give in, click on your icon in my favorites bar, and once again enjoy my daily Vitamin Mustard Seed. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your series on growing your own business and have taken many tips to heart. Thank you for your commitment each and every day, but most of all, thank you for the example you are setting in recognizing who you are and why you are here. From what I can see, you certainly walk worthy of your calling (Ephesians 4:1). Blessings on your New Year, Jaimee

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

This comment cracked me up! I have urges like that with Craig’s List and Etsy. Just look…maybe there will be a great French chair that you’ll have to drive an hour to get, but it will be worth it! Glad I’m not the only one who hears voices while surfing. :)

16. I mentioned you on my blog today. Take a look! thehomelessfinch.blogspot.com

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

Thanks, Lesley! That was so sweet of you. I was mentioned among some really great ladies.

17. what an exciting year! …2001 & the one to come 2012!..Very excited for you ! Can’t wait to watch it all!

18. ….woops should have read 2011!

19. I’m looking forward to following along in 2012 and learning from your “”growing your blog series”.
    Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Lisa

20. Happy New Year! I want you to know that I will be purchasing your book the second it becomes available! Wishing you a fabulous 2012!

21. First…I was excited to see that one of your top referrers was My Sweet Savannah, from my own PNW backyard!. I clicked on all the sites of your ‘tops’ and they are all grand. However, when I went to the Nesting Place, I got the ‘not found’ message. (I think there’s a ‘w’ missing at the start of the link address.)
    Second…I was excited to hear you talk about your show at Luckett’s in May. I was even more excited to think I might be able to stop by, but alas the weekend isn’t quite right. I’m flying to the East Coast on 5/7 and meeting family to go to visit Mickey 5/12-5/19 then back to the PNW. I have to admit I indulged in a few day dreams of ‘bumping into you’ if I took a daytrip to Lucketts’ those few days before heading south. But I remember the madcap entries on your blog from this year, so I’ve changed my day dream to one which includes coming to Luckett’s in 2013, of course envisioning you will be there again! And, Finally…Many ‘Thanks’ for the generosity of you’ve shown to your readers this year and best wishes for all that you’ve planned in the coming year…Coreen @ 58 Vintage Faire

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

Oh, I hope we will meet some day at Lucketts. Maybe we will bump into one another this year… Thanks for letting me know about the link. I was sure I would goof up on one of them!

22. love to you in 2012 as you embark on so many exciting endeavors. xo

23. Marian, may you have a blessed 2012! You inspire me and encourage me and you don’t even know me!

My verse(s) for 2012 is Jeremiah 29:12,13. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD.

Without getting into a theological discussion :-) to me the most important parts of these verses is the part where He will be found by me when I seek Him with my whole heart. I just want to be found faithful. I am going to continue to be inspired by you — thank you!

Melodye

• Wow that’s totally my verse for the year too! We have had financial difficulties due to a prolonged period of unemployment which ended about a year ago and we were in danger of losing our house and I prayed about it and asked the Lord for a verse and that’s the verse He gave me and you know what everything is fine now and we still have our house-praise God! So clinging to the verse through the rest of the year with all of it’s inevitable ups and downs. I agree about being found faithful-that is the main thing isn’t it?

24. I’m just so excited for you, Marian! If 2012 is anything like your 2011 was…..you’re going to be a huge success! Looking forward to your book!!! :)

xoxo laurie

25. Happy New Year’s to you and yours.
    Good luck on your book.

26. You have been a sweet inspiration… gentle and genuine. You are gracious and kind.

Thanking the Lord for you.

Christi

27. I has been wonderful to read about all the sucesses that have come your way this past year and have to say that your hard work and modesty have made the journey a pleasure to follow. I hope your hard work will be rewarded again this year with many blessings.
    Traci

28. Whoop whoop! We love you Miss Mustard Seed! Best to you and your family for a wonderful and blessed 2012~

29. Tracey says:

Clinking a glass in your direction. Here’s to a year that brings you all the closer to helping all of us see those mustard seeds in life. And for those revelations to continue to be so much fun!

30. i am so looking forward to this! you are such an inspiration to me and i so love reading your blog daily. just to let you know, i blogged about your growing your blog with my blog post today. i have been following you for 1 1/2 yrs now…your blog look has changed, your readership has changed, but you have remained real and true and full of information that touches so many of us who are love pickin’ like you do! thanks – the sky’s the limit for you for sure. you deserve wherever that takes you!

31. Janet Lawson says:

Widhing you a great 2012 with all of your projects..

32. I, too, love your blog…but sometimes wonder…would my comment really matter? :)LOL! I wish you the best in 2012..I’m excited to see what the new year brings!!! I also love that little calendar too! ;)

33. Marian~~
    So excited you are taking part in this Growing You Blog Series!! I am new to blogging (July) and I have already learned so…much, but I know that I have so…much more to go.

I finally figured out how to enter a Link Party. I was a part of your for the first time this past Friday. I made a couple of errors at first, but then got it right. I will continue to be part of your parties:)

Thanks for always be so inspirational to all the newbie bloggers.

Looking forward to learning more in 2012~
    ~Cheryl
    FreshVanillaForC,blogspot.com

34. Marian, I’m so excited for all of your possibilities and more than anything, your praise for the One who made them happen. I adored meeting you–and can’t wait to hang more!! We need to catch up quite soon.
    xoxo
    shaunna

35. Happy New Year, Marian!!! So excited to see what 2012 has in store for all things “Miss Mustard Seed”!

36. Happy New Year! You simply ROCK…. I love your projects and your lovely organized site! I wish I lived closer so I could make frequent stops to your Lucketts store. Congratulations on another successful year you totally deserve it. I can’t wait to read all of the posts on this weeks series :)

37. Thank-you for the mention, sweet friend! I only wish I was fortunate to hang out with you in person. One day we’ll have to make that happen. It’s been a blast ‘growing’ alongside you. You have inspired me more than you’ll ever know.

Here’s to a 2012 neither of us will forget!

Donna

38. What a great year 2011 has been!! So I too am looking forward to 2012
    Joy and peace dear friend
    Hugs
    SueAnn

39. MARY EGUIA says:

Thank you Marion,you have been a positive person in my life. I look forward to your posts. Also you love for the Lord is wonderful.So genuine.
    May GOD pour out His abundance on you this year.
    Mary

40. Happy New Year, sweet friend! :-D

41. jan lyden says:

Marian, I love the verse from II Timothy 1:7! Thanks for the reminder to trust in Him! Happy New Year and may God bless you as you serve Him in 2012!

42. hugs, kisses….and more hugs! So glad that Jesus knew we needed to know each other….you are such a blessing, and have been a huge encouragement to me as well! I am so looking forward to this exciting 2012….and can’t wait to keep up with all of the fantastic things going on! xoxo

43. I look forward to the blogging series and to see what the new year promises!! Your blog has been a huge inspiration for me and so many others! What an exciting year you are already going to have!

44. Aw, what a nice thing to say!!! You’ve been a great friend to me too, it’s so nice to have someone to talk to that lives in both of my worlds!
    2012 is going to be a great year!!

45. Happy New Year, Marian! How awesome I am one of your top referring sites! I had no idea! Thank you SO MUCH for giving me a little mention for it!

I know 2012 is going to bring such exciting things your way, I can’t WAIT to read about every. single. one!! Wishing you much happiness and success…

Mary

46. Happy New Year Marian! This blog series sounds like it’s just what I need! I will be sure to read everything I can! Can’t wait for the Luckett’s fair in May – I will definitely be going back this year – LOVED it last year!!

~ Rachael

47. I read the first of the series and it was great but the link for Thrifty Decor Chick took me to her blog but there were no posts that I could access. Even after I registered for the blog. :(

48. Hi there,
    I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my creative heart for taking such a beautiful picture of my sweet little calendar and including in your amazing blog:):) You started off my New Year with a YIPPEEEE!!! ;) Thank you so much and I wish you nothing but success– Donna;)

49. I’m a little behind in my blog reading! Looking forward to all of the wonderful things you have planned. Thank you for all the inspiration. Hope you have a grand day. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Trackbacks

1. [...] you are interested in reading how to make your blog a success I suggest you visit. . . How to Grow Your Blog Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted on [...]