back in the saddle

I went out last week to a used furniture store and, much like a kid in a candy shop, I didn’t leave empty handed.  Here’s my favorite find…

…and a sneak peek at another one…

They both need some work, but I think I can manage.

I’m back in the saddle again.

Comments

1. drooling over the detail in the first one, I know you will bring her back to a beauty!

2. Of course you are!! Can’t wait to see what you do with these two! Yee Haw!

3. Susan Bertocchi says:

So glad to hear it. I was going through MMS furniture redo withdrawal. Howdy from Colorado!

4. Janet Lawson says:

Awsome finds..I know they will be transformed beyond belief when you are done with them..Can’t wait to see them finished..

5. Woo hoo! You being back in the saddle makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the reveals! Yeah!!
    Stacey :o)

6. You got a good find! Yay!

7. Giddy Up!!! can’t wait to see them Mustard-fied! okay…that was totally corny, but I can’t resist a little southern humor.. ;)

8. Amber Petersen says:

The suspense will be more than I canhandle, I can’t wait to see what you have in store.

9. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Welcome Back!!! That first one looks very charming and I’m looking forward to seeing their makeovers.

Blessings,
    Linda

10. hi Marian -great! can’t wait to see what you do with them. They both have lovely lines. so hard to find lovely furniutre like this in australia – and it sells for hundreds of dollars even when it’s in dire need for a make over. I’m so envious of you American gals!
    I’m painting today too but it’s boiling hot and I’m dying!
    cheers Fiona

• I am so happy to read this. I work a lot with online ups and unlirertuptnbie power supply. This is the type of manual that is to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs similar to unlirertuptnbie power supply. I really do appreciate your sharing this greatest document. Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across, even online ups and unlirertuptnbie power supply, although we were searching for industrial unlirertuptnbie power supply. Basically Great. I am also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort. ups

11. They are both gorgeous!! I look forward to seeing your work and the process!!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

12. It’s about time…I’m getting tired of carrying the furniture painting weight around here….OK you know I kidding…right?????

Looking forward to some fabulous rebirths as always. Have fun painting!

janet xox

13. Can’t wait to see what you do with them :)

14. I need to go shopping with your for my new house that I want to look old….I need help seeing the possibilities in old furniture because I don’t like much of the new furniture I see….
    Got an open day in the next 6 months??? teehee

15. What type of wood is the first dresser with the drool-worthy beaded detail??

16. Looks like some very nice pieces of furniture! And we all KNOW you will manage very well – cannot wait to see what you do with these!

17. Marjorie says:

Glad to hear it! Can’t wait to see the results :)

18. Oh YES!!!! Can’t wait to see these babies!

19. Can’t wait to see how they turn out!

20. Coreen @ 58 Vintage Faire says:

WHERE SHOULD DO I GO….Visiting Hickory NC for x2 days in May…Do you or your readers have some “just have to see” vintage shops. I couldn’t fit anything like those lovely dressers in my suitcase (even though I am a great packer!)…but would love to bring back some North Carolina Bric-a-Brac…Thanks Coreen

21. Terri says:

oh i cannot wait to see what you do with those beautiful curves!!! Aren’t you excited??????? :)

22. Oh, you are such a tease! Glad to see that you’ll be working on something to thrill us though…..can’t wait!

23. YAY!!! I am so excited to see your amazing reveals!

24. oh…. nice pick. Can’t wait to see what you do with em!!

25. I am so glad you are back in the saddle! I miss your furniture posts. Maybe this will be the inspiration I need to get moving myself! Can’t wait to see what you do with them! The second one is a real teaser of a picture. :)

26. Oh that first dresser is absolutely beautiful! I can not wait to see it once you put your touch on it.

27. I know how you missed painting.You sure scored great finds.I love the details on those pieces.I can’t wait to see what you do with those.What ever it is I know it will be gorgeous.

28. If you start painting, I’ll start pinning! You always have such great ideas!

29. Great finds! I’m sure you’ll use your magic touch and bring them to their full potential! Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

30. Can’t wait to see what you do with your CANDY!!! Heather

31. Mandy Loescher says:

I love them both!!!!
    Can’t wait to see what you do with them!!!!

32. Norma's Kentiques says:

I’ve missed seeing you paint furniture! You’ve been my inspiration from the get go. Can’t wait to see your creativity again! <3 ya!

33. You have a great eye for finding diamonds in the rough. Can’t wait to see how these new additions look after a little of your special magic.

34. Diamonds in the rough! I cannot wait to see how you finish these! (I wrote “diamonds in the rough” and then looked at the previous comment by KatieQ — great minds think alike :-)

35. You did good! I love great furniture finds. I did this last weekend and found some awesomeness as well. Have a great day!!

36. Yay, can’t wait to see what you do with them!

37. You didn’t happen to get those in Dillsburg did you?

38. I’m always so jealous of the pieces you come by so easily out east. It’s pretty dry here in Colorado when it comes to beautiful old furniture. Or they want an arm and leg for it. The hubby has promised me a trip back east with a uhaul to bring back all of my finds lol.

39. Very cool!

40. Can not WAIT to see what you do! Now I have to go listen to some music so I’ll stop singing “back in the saddle”…

:-)

41. I love that you live in a place with REAL furniture. I feel like most of what exists out west is just pressboard furniture wtiht paper “wood” on it. I don’t see much to refinish.

But I certainly enjoy seeing what you refinish!

42. If anyone can “manage”, it will be you. Nice Picks!!!!

43. It is so hard to find good furniture at a reasonable price anymore. We just refinished a dresser for my son’s room. I was thinking of entering it into Furniture Feature Friday.:)

44. You are an inspiration. I need to get back in the saddle!

45. That tallboy dresser is beautiful. I hear you on your comment of being “a kid in a candy store” as I am just the same. Nothing feels better that finding that perfect vintage piece (for a steal too!).
    Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer

46. Hi Marian – I love the beaded elements on the dresser. You don’t find it all that often – I love it. I’ve tipped beaded moldings with Dutch Metal Gold or Silver (from Faux Effects…just using my finger as the paint brush and then antiqued it (after, of course, painting and antiquing the entire piece).

Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

47. Is anyone willing to share?

How do you figure a “fair” price on a piece of furniture that takes into consideration;

1) the original cost of the piece,
    2) the cost of the paint and wax per piece
    3) the painers time,
    4) And something for booth overhead?

It’s easy if you buy it, double it and turn it around…but to be fair when you figure in the labor to repair and/or paint a piece is tricky….

Thank you in advance for any info. you might be willing to share!

Small House / Big Sky Donna

48. That top piece is a find. In addition to being great looking when you’re done, the drawers on these sorts of chests are nice and deep which will make whoever purchases it very happy. Looks and function in one piece. That’s what we all want!

49. ANKIT says:

I cant wait to know whats intresting inside this.Its a fantanctic thing with new concept .