I’m so ready

I love Christmas. I know it’s cliche, but to me, it really is the most wonderful time of the year.   I have always decorated the day after Thanksgiving, but this year it’s going to have to wait a bit.  I have some Halloween and Thanksgiving projects for HGTV.com that I need to get through before I can put up the trees.  And I waited way too long to shop for pumpkins for those projects.  Since I couldn’t find them at a store, I actually knocked on the door of a total stranger in my in-law’s neighborhood and asked if I could buy the pumpkins off her lawn.  The owner of the pumpkins graciously said I could have them, even though I’m sure she thought I was a lunatic…and rightly so.  Some of the girls I’m meeting at the Raleigh flea market tomorrow are going to bring me some as well, so I’ll be set for my photo shoots.  Anyway, I’m hoping to get through those projects in about a week, so I can get out the Christmas decorations.  Until then, I’ll just have to enjoy my pictures from last year and some Christmas music.

Ooooh…I am so ready.

Comments

1. beverlee says:

I am also really into Christmas this year. and we did something really different. Last year we bought a WHITE tree (sale)….so that’s what I’m doing. And I MADE YOUR TREE SKIRT! It is so beautiful, and even my husband loved it. So, it’s going to be a white Christmas around our home this year. I have been buying ornaments since the first ones hit the stores…so, hoping for things merry and white! Thank you for continuing the joy! I know it will be a special year for you with all your blessings. And, I want to include my prayer for many more blessings this year!

2. Oh my goodness I just adore your decorations from last year!!
    I am sooo not ready but you are inspiring me!

3. Love your decorations!!! The tree with the gifts is gorgeous! No watermark? I gotta find that tutorial on your site for the tree skirt! I think I saw you post about it a while back? I knew I should have saved it!!! :) Jessica (aka nucheysmommy)

4. Ps. you must have the cleanest neatest sidebar in the blogosphere! The sponsor section looks awesome!

• Miss Mustard Seed says:

Thank you! I am really picky about a neat looking side bar, so I really appreciate you noticed. :)

5. Janet Lawson says:

I will be decorating this weekend..I can’t wait..As much as I love to decorate for Christmas,Fall will always be my favorite..Have fun with your day tomorrow and meeting your friends..Glad ya have some pumpkins coming your way..

6. Hey Marian, if you get a hankerin to come to hillsborough tomorrow, call me! i’ll be at home painting…. and just doing stuff around town.

919-619-1054
    Cindy

7. This is amazing! You’ve really inspired me to get started on my holiday decorating. I thought I wanted a wreath but maybe I’ll just get as creative with a stocking on the front door.

8. This is my favorite time too – well except for fall and spring oh and summer too :) LOL I love to decorate any time of the year! I have to hold off on Christmas a little bit too – not quite as exciting a reason as HGTV but my little boy turns 4 on the 4th and I want his day to be special – then we move on to Christmas! Love your decorations!

9. I’m ready, too, Marian! I’ve got ALL my decorations up. Now all we need is a little Christmas snow. (then it can all melt on January 1st). lol!

xoxo laurie

10. Hi Marian,
    Any tips where to find music sheets to use in projects? You seem to have an endless supply but I remember that you husband works at a church…so maybe you have an easy source for old hymnals.
    You write one of my most favored blogs and I appreciate the inspiration and smiles you bring me.
    Looking forward to hearing your news! Hugs, Lee

• I just noticed your comment and wanted to tell you that I go to Half Price Books and buy old hymnals. :)

11. I’m feeling ready too, even though it doesn’t look or feel anything like Christmas yet, I guess that would be from the help of the internet and looking at your blog post!

12. me TOO! I always, always feel that way this time of year!!
    :-)
    shaunna

13. love your photos! i don’t feel like it should be Christmas already.

14. Allison Barber says:

Raleigh? I am only a couple of hours away from there! Are you buying or selling there? Love your blog ~ you inspire me! My mother and I will be making a slipcover for my living room chair as soon as we make the time, maybe after Christmas! Enjoy Raleigh!

15. Wow, Beautiful Cristmas pictures, can’t wait to see what you do this year! Enjoy!

16. Love all your decorations! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for this year!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

17. i’m very ready too! the xmas tree is up and ready for gifts! ;) just wanted to leave a side note: your blog posts are very inspiring. there are a few of you bloggers that really give me the push to continue my blog despite how tough it can be. thanks for the push! have a wonderful weekend!

ashley over @
    {hookedonhickory}

18. I was going to wait a week or two…. but I’m motivated by your photos, now and might get started tomorrow!!

19. Your pics are beautiful!! Can’t wait to see what you do this year. Good luck with the projects over the next week. :)

20. Nicole says:

All of it is sooo pretty! You can’t go wrong with an all white theme. I will be stealing your idea of the moss wreath for a table centre. Super pretty!

I don’t comment much on your blog, but I read it avidly and am very much inspired by it.

21. Alice says:

Loved your decor last year and look forward to seeing this years. I love the beauty of your projects.

22. AAAAAAHHHHHH! Today is the second day of Christmas as far as I’m concerned and it lasts until January 1st at my house. I have been hot gluing up a storm since yesterday and I even copied the paper star you showed from Lucketts! My star is GARGANTUAN and as I was making it my husband kept insisting it was too big, but lo- It is GORGEOUS on our tree. I love it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

23. Looks awesome Marian. I too need to get the holiday stuff going. I have a few more special orders to finish then I am lugging it all up from the basement and going to town.

I had soooooo much fun today. Thanks for letting my mom and I hang with all of you. I didn’t get everyone’s names and blogs- hope you can email me that if you all swapped info at lunch.

enjoy the pumpkins- I know they are going to a good home :)
    tammy

24. Hi Marian, I’ve been gone for 3 weeks with no Internet! Can you imagine?! Anyway, your revised blog looks great, especially the updated picture of you with a big smile!
    Take care,
    Barbara

25. Men’s Fashion Week – Paris & Milan Fall 2011 – A fashion mind I was recommended this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks! your article about Men’s Fashion Week – Paris & Milan Fall 2011 – A fashion mindBest Regards Nick