The last few days have been a total blur! I’ve been working like crazy to get things done at the new shop. Because of that, my blog has been a little neglected. Sorry all! I have a few housekeeping things to take care of before I share some pictures of the new shop with you.
First of all, I’d like to thank MB from Down Home DIY for “Booing” me. I only recently discovered her blog and if you haven’t checked it out, you should. There is idea after idea that you can use in your home from rearranging furniture, choosing colors, and creative uses for materials. Second, thanks to Lilia from 2 Brown Eyed Beauties for awarding me the Kreativ Blog Award. She shares lots of beautiful pictures and inspiring decorating ideas that she uses in her own home. I love her foyer makeover. These are two great blogs, so make sure to check them out!
Onto the shop makeover! Girls, I am soooo thrilled with how it’s looking so far. I took a lot of pictures along the way and I have several transformations and tutorials to share with you over the next few days and weeks. I am so tired right now that I am just going to show you some pictures of our progress. There’s still a LOT to do, but almost all of the painting is complete.
We painted the main room a warm cream color called Venetian Lace. There is fluorescent lighting (which we’re hoping to be able to replace with chandeliers and lamps), so I wanted to make sure the walls would look warm when they are on. I then added large blocks of color that would act as a backdrop for furniture arrangements. If ever we get tired of one color, we can just swap it out! I chose colors that complimented one another and are found in a lot of my furniture pieces and the antiques that the shop owner and I are drawn to. She loves yellow & red and I love blue, white & black. Everything in the shop needed a coat of paint. The walls, trim, counter, radiator covers, doors, display space, everything!
The greatest improvement has been in the window space. We pulled down cheap doors, paneled walls, stained wallpaper, and lots of cobwebs. These windows were nasty! They are so bright, now…just a little more paint and a few buckets of Windex and we’ll be good to go.